45-day Tourist Visa Mulled

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, Olivie said:

If you are vaccinated, that does not mean you can not transmit the virus...so they will probably ask for people to be vaccinated AND take the quarantine.

I think they are not sure if asymptomatic vaccinated people can transmit the virus.

If it is 95% effective it would be a small chance a traveler is infected.  I guess it will depend on where they are coming from and how much infecting is there.

If 1 in 500 travelers are infected now, that would be maybe 1 in 5000 with a vaccine. Still not good enough.

• Like 1

I love this idea.  Because everybody I know who wants to come to Thailand is scratching their backsides over the hoops they have to jump through, to get the visa and misc. other permissions from their respective embassies!

So, we go back to visa on arrival (30 days) plus 15 days paid quarantine, but the beauty is, you get to arrive in Thailand just like before, just tack on an extra 15 days at the start of holiday (cost about $1000) and relax in your room, eat and drink, watch tv, whatever!

Thailand version 2.

I like it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSam said:

I love this idea.  Because everybody I know who wants to come to Thailand is scratching their backsides over the hoops they have to jump through, to get the visa and misc. other permissions from their respective embassies!

So, we go back to visa on arrival (30 days) plus 15 days paid quarantine, but the beauty is, you get to arrive in Thailand just like before, just tack on an extra 15 days at the start of holiday (cost about $1000) and relax in your room, eat and drink, watch tv, whatever!

Thailand version 2.

I like it.

30 days is visa exempt, it is not visa on arrival that is as people should know, something else.

With the current administration visa free travel to Thailand will not be allowed ever again, for Westerners.

Perhaps, Asean, plus 6.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Olivie said:

If you are vaccinated, that does not mean you can not transmit the virus...so they will probably ask for people to be vaccinated AND take the quarantine.

No way. The whole world including Thailand will not be doing that. Fake news 

• Confused 1