USD Cash Rate now Less than 30 Bhat in Bangkok!

This morning December 9, 2020, USD is 29.98 baht, cash rate in Bangkok at GrandSuperRich. Other location it is even lower. Forecast is 29.00 in 2021.

There are reports of massive amounts of foreign currency piling into Thailand.

an export dependent country like thailand should keep the currency in control. What if in a decade , 1thb=1usd. then what? would u expect any western tourist coming over . NO

The reason thailand has had so many tourists  is the lower baht. westerners get more for their money. But this simple thing is something the govt doesn't understand. Even their chinese daddy would refrain from coming if baht continues to be stronger. 

26 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

This morning December 9, 2020, USD is 29.98 baht, cash rate in Bangkok at GrandSuperRich. Other location it is even lower. Forecast is 29.00 in 2021.

There are reports of massive amounts of foreign currency piling into Thailand.

It is continuing to drop like a rock this morning, at 11 AM it is down to 29.96.

2 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

an export dependent country like thailand should keep the currency in control. What if in a decade , 1thb=1usd. then what? would u expect any western tourist coming over . NO

The reason thailand has had so many tourists  is the lower baht. westerners get more for their money. But this simple thing is something the govt doesn't understand. Even their chinese daddy would refrain from coming if baht continues to be stronger. 

Easy solution to that . . .  : Leave

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Natai Beach said:

You little ripper. 
My 800,000 keeps going up and up! 

it would go up in case you are able to transfer those funds back to a US bank account. But i have read posts where TVF members have found it hard to transfer their money back to US.

• Confused 1

Record Foreign Currency Reserves says the Baht is exactly where it deserves to be against the all important benchmark USD.

Thailand is no longer that 3rd world country I experienced 30 years ago

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Record Foreign Currency Reserves says the Baht is exactly where it deserves to be against the all important benchmark USD.

Well, with all due respect, it wouldn't be, despite all the peanut gallery saying it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

That's not fair. Idiot big Kahuna posters can not accept this 

4 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

My 800,000 keeps going up and up! 

One advantage of keeping 800k in a Thai bank ...

versus those who transfer every month will have to transfer more dollars for the same baht.

On 12/9/2020 at 11:35 PM, EricTh said:

One advantage of keeping 800k in a Thai bank ...

versus those who transfer every month will have to transfer more dollars for the same baht.

Those with 800k in the bank still have to transfer money monthly / quarterly / annually to live on.

What good is the exchange rate of the 800k if you are never returning to your home country?  

• Like 1

This afternoon Dec. 17, 2020 at 16:30, the cash rate for USD is down to 29.90 baht in Bangkok at Super Rich. Some others are offering 29.93.  With Thailand being placed on the US currency manipulation watch list a few days ago, there seems no hope for USD to stay above 30 baht.

30 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

This afternoon, Superich and GrandSuperRich in BKK head office USD cash rate is 29.85 baht. Sinking like a rock. Bank cash rates are even lower.

I was always wrong but I see it at 24 in the near future. I stopped long time ago already to think about my daily losses. It only will destroy my mood but not change anything. As long as I have enough to live here it is okay. Worrying every day does not change anything. But if you will be affected have a plan B. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

Come on guys, positive thinking, if you live half like a Thai half like a farang, life will always be cheaper than living back home.

If you live 100% like a farang it will be much more expensive...

You are right. Many Thais are used to have little. Not many Farangs grew up like this. Perhaps check this link to understand how bad Farang life can get here. Here are some dreamers. Reality might be cruel after the dreams end. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/why-are-so-many-westerners-homeless-thailand-8830302.html

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

Come on guys, positive thinking, if you live half like a Thai half like a farang, life will always be cheaper than living back home.

If you live 100% like a farang it will be much more expensive...

Unfortunately many people didn’t work hard all their lives to live like a Thai.

I hope I don’t find myself in this situation.

41 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Unfortunately many people didn’t work hard all their lives to live like a Thai.

I hope I don’t find myself in this situation.

Then you are clearly in the wrong country, Thailand is far from being the best country to live a 100% westerner lifestyle.