UK tells EU: back down by Sunday night or we'll walk

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

It matters 100%.

A crucial decision such as this requires much more than a one time binary choice.

But there you go, turkeys voting for Xmas, or New Year in this case 

Not to me it doesn't nor to democracy, two choices bannork.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

Mindless stupidity of the Leavers. 

Trying to relive the Imperialist dream.

I wonder who will run out of insults first?

Remainers have shown themselves to be full of them for the past five years. Are you almost finished now?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Maybe. The talks would still continue. My bet is on (in this order):

1. Some mini barebones agreement, followed by endless additional negotiations; 

2. No agreement at all, followed by endless additional negotiations; 

3. Some sort of extension of the transition period, to allow for more endless additional negotiations. 

Or, to summarize, there will be endless negotiations either way. 

I’ll take No 2 please and absolutely not a No 3. 

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

Tory claims that Boris Johnson's "oven-ready deal" only referred to the Withdrawal Agreement have been disproven by the re-emergence of a video from the last general election.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/boris-johnson-oven-ready-brexit-deal-6631776

..............Apart from that isnt the speech where he claimed he had an "oven ready deal" , he made the oven ready deal speech the previous week and in that speech , he was talking about leaving the E.U 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, david555 said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1372243/Boris-Johnson-resign-prime-minister-Brexit-no-deal-EU-Sir-Roger-Gayle-twitter

Tory civil war: Boris Johnson told to RESIGN if he fails to reach trade agreement with EU
A TORY MP has demanded Boris Johnson resign as Prime Minister if he fails to reach a Brexit trade deal with the EU before the end of the year.

By DAN FALVEY, POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT
PUBLISHED: 10:08, Mon, Dec 14, 2020 | UPDATED: 10:08, Mon, Dec 14, 2020

Sir Roger Gale, North Thanet MP, has broken ranks with his Party to call on Mr Johnson to stand down if he cannot deliver on a deal.

The veteran MP wrote on Twitter: "If Mr Johnson fails to reach an acceptable trade agreement with the EU the Prime Minister will also have failed the people of the United Kingdom.

"As a lifelong member of the Conservative Party, I believe that Mr Johnson's position as Prime Minister would be untenable.

Worth pointing out the Sir Roger Gale is a Remainer and doesnt want to leave the E.U. 

Gale was opposed to Brexit prior to the 2016 EU membership referendum.[10]

Roger Gale - Wikipedia

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

We in the UK have got out Covid vaccinations made and people are being vaccinated .

The E.U are still waiting to pass E.U regulations to get the vaccine approved .

Do hurry up, people are dying .

https://www.politico.eu/article/pressure-mounts-on-eu-regulator-to-approve-coronavirus-vaccine-quickly/

Shouldn't take long. A few alternative sessions from Brussels to Strasbourg, forming a few more rules and regulations to exclude non EU countries, dozens of chauffeur driven cocktail parties and the agreement of all 27 "states". 

Should be a breeze. I'm sure 87 year old Heinze in his Munich care home can wait.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

Craven cowardice of the Remainers. Cowering with their EU comrades. 

Your man threatened to ‘walk’, midnight came and went and he’s still here and you have the laugh out loud effrontery to accuse ‘Remainers’ of cowardice.

Away with you and your blatant projection, and if you can get Johnson out of his fear freeze, take him with you.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Shouldn't take long. A few alternative sessions from Brussels to Strasbourg, forming a few more rules and regulations to exclude non EU countries, dozens of chauffeur driven cocktail parties and the agreement of all 27 "states". 

Should be a breeze. I'm sure 87 year old Heinze in his Munich care home can wait.

I’m not sure what a ‘chauffeur driven cocktail party’ is but it sounds fun.

Perhaps the handful of tax shy billionaires and multiple billionaires who funded Brexit know?!

I suspect the hedge fund managers amongst them are organizing one while you play your willing part of regard for them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, JonnyF said:

It's about many things, of which uncontrolled immigration is one.

Of course it's possible to wish your country gains controls of it's borders and immigration policy while living 100% legally in another country that has control of it's borders and immigration policy.

You think living legally, paying tax and following the strict Thai policy on visas etc. as an expat in Thailand means you have to support some kind of free for all, uncontrolled, Utopian, open borders policy for the UK? How do you reach such a conclusion?

Why are you conflating illegal immigrants and legal immigrants?

Legal immigrants to the UK largely pay their taxes. They cannot qualify for benefits for three months so the vast majority come here with a job already lined up. Many are seasonal workers who arrive, pick the crops and then go back home again. Now that your utopian dream has ended the opportunity for Romanians to come to the UK and pick the crops who is going to do it?

The Brexit voting, poorly educated, unwashed masses sitting on their backsides claiming benefits? No chance you will get them doing it. 

I suggest all you plastic patriots here on TVF get your backsides back to old blighty and start working those fields.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, oldhippy said:

So who has the highest standards? Does somebody have more information?

Standards concerning safety, ingredients, pesticides, labour legislation, respect for nature, free competition, etc.

No answer from either side so far.