SURVEY: Should Thailand require foreigners to be vaccinated?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Thailand require foreigners to be vaccinated?  

430 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the FDA approving Emergency use of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine and with the UK already administering it, in your opinion, should foreigners entering Thailand be required to show proof of vaccination once it is widely available?

• Like 1

Pfizer Vaccination takes 2 shots , first at 25 mln and second , after 3 or 4 weeks at 50 min.

2 weeks after 2nd shot you are vaccinated. 

So I understood. 

Not clear yet if during the 5/6 weeks you are contagious or not ?

What about who got Covid 19 already ? Will they be vaccinated ? 

How long will vaccinated people be immune to Covid and wich strain ?

Seems a long process to me as most of population might start to get vaccinated in March / April next year ....

To me Covid test negative before boarding and 7 days quarantine should do , or Vaccination Certificate .

I'm no anti vaxxer, but I'm not willing to be vaccinated with something that has been rushed through so quickly without proper  testing. All vaccinations carry some risk of an adverse reaction, but some of these reactions can be life changing, if not deadly.

I would much rather wait until something that has been tested more widely and rigorously comes along.

Besides that. Only vaccinating foreigners would only protect the foreigners, not the Thais. With their porous borders, and people sneaking across, they would still be open to infrction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I'm no anti vaxxer, but I'm not willing to be vaccinated with something that has been rushed through so quickly without proper  testing. All vaccinations carry some risk of an adverse reaction, but some of these reactions can be life changing, if not deadly.

I would much rather wait until something that has been tested more widely and rigorously comes along.

Besides that. Only vaccinating foreigners would only protect the foreigners, not the Thais. With their porous borders, and people sneaking across, they would still be open to infrction.

Most important to know, if any who is vaccinated still can transmit the virus to others, so then quarantine is still the only option as long they do not know yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems to me that they will have a dilemma relating to timing.  Estimates have been all over the place but it’s going to take a long time to vaccinate all those who wish to be vaccinated.  In some large countries, vaccines will not be something you can get on demand.  I also wonder if they will specify a specific vaccine.  Many coming in the market ... for example Russia busy vaccinating their population with their home grown vaccine that does not seem to be widely embraced outside of Russia.  Lots for the brain trust to sort through.  

I would not worry, Thailand will not be able to open until 2022 most likely.

Vaccination will not start until perhaps May or June. Will take at least 6 months and then only offer 60% protection.

So Thailand will suffer continuous threat of Covid, as it has no herd immunity as it had no solid 1st or 2nd wave, for all of 2021.

So no opening until 2022,

Why do you think Thai Airways is not bothering restarting.......there is no point........Thailand will most likely remain closed for all of 2021.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

Yes all expats should receive the vaccination and at the same price as the Thais.  After all, were have been hailed as heroes.  We should all be offered health insurance regardless of age at reasonable prices, especially those of us with Thai families.  Those with Thai families should also be given the equivalent of a US Green Card and offered a path to citizenship just like Thais are given when married to an American.

Sorry for laughing emotion, but yes I aggree! And the same terms, we need to pass a language test and a written as verbal test about thailands history,  social structure and politics. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, chilli42 said:

Seems to me that they will have a dilemma relating to timing.  Estimates have been all over the place but it’s going to take a long time to vaccinate all those who wish to be vaccinated.  In some large countries, vaccines will not be something you can get on demand.  I also wonder if they will specify a specific vaccine.  Many coming in the market ... for example Russia busy vaccinating their population with their home grown vaccine that does not seem to be widely embraced outside of Russia.  Lots for the brain trust to sort through.  

It remains to be seen how many of about 200 vaccines currently in development will go through Phase III trials. While it would be good to have a lot of alternatives since we don't know yet which ones will block not only sickness but also retransmission, plus which ones provide long-lasting immunity, which ones have minimal adverse reactions, the problem will be following up on all these vaccines and keeping people informed whether a vaccination might need a booster.

Recently there was a suggestion that the Russian Sputnik vaccine might be improved by somehow combining it with the Oxford vaccine.

So what we need is a robust international system for tracking these vaccines. Each vaccinated person should have a WHO QR card that they could scan to tell them whether their vaccination might need an update.

As for Thailand's porous borders, I hope that the $1 paper strip Covid antigen tests become a reality. We also need a cheap 1-shot temperature-stable vaccine for border crossers as well.

Since Covid immunity even by vaccination may not last very long, by the time the World is immunized it will probably be time to start all over again!!! So for those who think that herd immunity by vaccination will mean that they don't need a jab, think again! In Thailand we can eventually deal with Covid, but the neighboring countries are another matter.

16 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

Yes all expats should receive the vaccination and at the same price as the Thais.  After all, were have been hailed as heroes.  We should all be offered health insurance regardless of age at reasonable prices, especially those of us with Thai families.  Those with Thai families should also be given the equivalent of a US Green Card and offered a path to citizenship just like Thais are given when married to an American.

Whats stopping you from starting the citizenship process ?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, placnx said:

It remains to be seen how many of about 200 vaccines currently in development will go through Phase III trials. While it would be good to have a lot of alternatives since we don't know yet which ones will block not only sickness but also retransmission, plus which ones provide long-lasting immunity, which ones have minimal adverse reactions, the problem will be following up on all these vaccines and keeping people informed whether a vaccination might need a booster.

Recently there was a suggestion that the Russian Sputnik vaccine might be improved by somehow combining it with the Oxford vaccine.

So what we need is a robust international system for tracking these vaccines. Each vaccinated person should have a WHO QR card that they could scan to tell them whether their vaccination might need an update.

As for Thailand's porous borders, I hope that the $1 paper strip Covid antigen tests become a reality. We also need a cheap 1-shot temperature-stable vaccine for border crossers as well.

Since Covid immunity even by vaccination may not last very long, by the time the World is immunized it will probably be time to start all over again!!! So for those who think that herd immunity by vaccination will mean that they don't need a jab, think again! In Thailand we can eventually deal with Covid, but the neighboring countries are another matter.

'system for tracking' there are guys on this forum who don't even want 'big brother' to know they visited the local mall  ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1