SURVEY: Should Thailand require foreigners to be vaccinated?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Thailand require foreigners to be vaccinated?  

430 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just wonder how long it'll be before there are lawsuits (mostly class action) filed against China for all the deaths, sickness, job losses and business closures not to mention all the lives being turned upside down all due to Chinese officials allowing the virus to leave its borders and suppressing the doctors there who wanted to speak out on the subject. The world should deal with the Chinese regime harshly for turning the world upside down.

• Like 2

Look at what Germany is doing now and then how Sweden has cases exploding, should the vaccine be mandatory is a moot point.  Looking at it after the fact will yield some better indications as far as forcing it upon the world, or ensuring the freedom of choice is still out there.  However, you can not stop lockdowns from occurring as Germany is soon to find out.

Merkel Orders Germany Into Hard Lockdown as Infections Swell (msn.com)

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Should non-thai have to prove they have been vaccinated before getting visa extensions ? 

Yes!  

In the OP I answered  If they have no vaccination, then a quarantine period should be required   but in reality foreigners should be required to have the vax.

In principle, I do NOT support forcing anyone to take any vac, but if you CHOOSE not to, then please don't be surprised if places say "stay away".

I can recall HAVING to show Yellow Fever vax years ago as a condition of entry to some countries....I wanted to go there, so I did - simple.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, natway09 said:

Poorly written as I presume they mean tourists entering the country not us who live here.

But ,,,yes, & must present a vaccination certificate that is 2 weeks after their 2nd jab

I suspect the expats living in Thailand will be ok until they cross a border, then there may be a requirement to be vaccinated before being allowed back in

Not required, but preferential treatments to those who have it, such as no need for quarantine and covid insurance.

For those who for whatever reason do not want to be vaccinated, and some might have good medical ,or religious reasons, then quarantine for 14 days to make sure you are not infected, and  covid insurance to cover the costs if you do get infected.

It is only fair. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

I just wonder how long it'll be before there are lawsuits (mostly class action) filed against China for all the deaths, sickness, job losses and business closures not to mention all the lives being turned upside down all due to Chinese officials allowing the virus to leave its borders and suppressing the doctors there who wanted to speak out on the subject. The world should deal with the Chinese regime harshly for turning the world upside down.

Well Australia tried that and look whats happening

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

After SARS a Chinese CDC network was set up, but at this point it is drastically underfunded. There were foreigners present at those sites, including Americans. The World should insist on a solution more invasive than that in light of the misbehavior you cite here. We need to know what is going on in those 142 virus labs.

6 hours ago, phetphet said:

Is it also possible that by the time any large numbers are immunised, the virus might have mutated to the point the vaccine is ineffectual?

Much like they have to make a new seasonal flu vaccine each year.

Concerning mutation Covid is apparently not as much of a problem as flu, but anyway the mRNA platform is good for rapidly producing a new vaccine if needed. Hopefully this approach can be applied to making flu vaccines. 

7 hours ago, UB40 said:

Wth is there a difference??? Airlines only want vaccinated passengers ... so for me, bye-bye travelling

This is great.  Not only will I get the vaccine that much earlier because of people like you refusing to take it, I won't have to travel with or be around you anti-vaxxers(?) when I travel.  

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

It may be sensible to have the Vaccine before travelling, certainly. currently those with allergies are on hold for getting the vaccine (Pz), due to two medical staff having an adverse but not serious reaction. Maybe not all can have it? T.b.c.

Availability may be well into 2021. Protection it gives re-transmission t.b.c.

Would the accept the UK NHS card given, when you are vaccinated, if not, anyone else would just be certifying you had the card (If some some bespoke certification format was required) t.b.c. How would the Thai system confirm acceptance of your vaccination proof, before booking flights t.b.c 

How long would you get from vaccination completion, to then add the cycle time of the Thai process t.b.c. etc etc. ????

&

When would Thailand be in a position to confirm ~66% of the population in Tourist areas, have been vaccinated?  

Would all people entering Thailand be specified with the same requirement? 

The hypothetical answer may be a yes, but only if it means that ~>66% of  everyone in Thailand you may come in contact with also has been vaccinated. The practicalities formulated would have to be a workable process, or the whole thing would be just be another stopper, except for that minority ban of Enthusiasts!

12 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

China probably should face consequencies but in practice they wont. What do you suggest an ' easy to win ' trade war ?

15 hours ago, 3STTW said:

The anti-vaxxers should be treated in the same way as drunk drivers; selfish f**kwits who are a danger to themselves and to others. 

Totally agree, I’d just add that I don’t give a toss about them, it’s the others I care about

• Like 1

I have to assume in this ever changing world, that the vaccination will be required for nearly any sort of international travel. Though I am not a big vaccine fan, I will likely get this one, in order to be able to travel. I will do some research, and try to get the most effective one out there, with the least side effects. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have to assume in this ever changing world, that the vaccination will be required for nearly any sort of international travel. Though I am not a big vaccine fan, I will likely get this one, in order to be able to travel. I will do some research, and try to get the most effective one out there, with the least side effects. 

I agree, but being here in Thailand how will we able to pick one vaccine over another which we feel would be more beneficial to us is the bigger question.

Heres the deal for TAT..set up vaccines at swampy..upon arrival you pay 500 and get the shot..Then allowed to roam free.....no insurance or ASQ.....of course thevaccine would be sugar water-placebo and the ASQ hotel grifters would quash this idea, but the sugar water grifters would be happy..same same but different!! ????

Reminds me of the ole fake teaching degree shops in BKK the backpackers used to buy to get teaching gigs

• Like 1

16 hours ago, phetphet said:

Is it also possible that by the time any large numbers are immunised, the virus might have mutated to the point the vaccine is ineffectual?

Much like they have to make a new seasonal flu vaccine each year.

Hopefully that does not happen.  The annual flu vaccine is a best guess regarding the mutation the flu will take next ... hence its 55% effectiveness.

3 hours ago, suzannegoh said:

Those reports are wrong, the only question is whether they are willful lies or just a misunderstanding of the technology.

Fair enough but nobody knows if there are any long term side effects.  We have exchanged the normal drug development protocols for the expediency of getting an effective vaccine in the market fast.  We are all just one giant stage IV clinical.  

• Like 1