Chinese, Hong Kongers, Germans drive "Elite Card" residence for real estate purchase scheme

webfact

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

you can't fix stupid, even when they have more money than sense. . 

The flexible elite (500k) that’s extendable and you get a work permit?

That’s actually a good deal. 

Edited by dcnx
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You only get the work permit if you invest at least 1 million USD.

I wonder how that will work. WP's are normally attached to a particualar job. Unknowlingly, maybe the TAT intends to employ said foreigners to work full time as their spokespeople for 15K a month????

40 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I wonder how that will work. WP's are normally attached to a particualar job. Unknowlingly, maybe the TAT intends to employ said foreigners to work full time as their spokespeople for 15K a month????

Changed years ago, you only have to notify the gov that u changed jobs.

Still no clue how this would work in this case... 

it completely baffles me why the Thai governement targets and favors well to do expats mostly from other Asian regions and some from farang country who want to invest and do business, over the sexpats and pensioners. According to some ppl belonging to these last focus groups, their pension euro and bargirl money is what keeps Thailand economically afloat.

Confused. lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pravda said:

Read just now that Canada accepted 15,000 immigrants in October which was 50% less than last year, but still 15 thousand who will need a place to stay, pay tax (if not income then at least sales tax) and spend money either from money saved or from the sponsors that support them. 

Would love to know the country of origin for these 15,000

1 hour ago, herwin1234 said:

it completely baffles me why the Thai governement targets and favors well to do expats mostly from other Asian regions and some from farang country who want to invest and do business, over the sexpats and pensioners. According to some ppl belonging to these last focus groups, their pension euro and bargirl money is what keeps Thailand economically afloat.

Confused. lol.

But they don't, that's why all these offers are <deleted>.

Can just buy a passport in real countries including the US as an investor; Or the Spanish/PT/greek golden visa, or the malaysian m2h visa or the proper long term singapore visas - this is just bs marketing for condo developers tho.

Maybe interesting for people fleeing HK but many of them could get a proper british citizenship, no idea who is even the target market for these <deleted> campains, if i want an elite visa i just buy the 1 mio 20 year one, if i want a new condo i just buy it and apply for the investment visa, there's nothing interesting coming with this visa here.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Chinese, Hong Kongers, Germans drive "Elite Card" residence for real estate purchase scheme

4pm.jpg

Picture: The Bangkok Insight

Thai media The Bangkok Insight reported that "big developers" were showing an interest in the Elite Card for residence scheme with 20 onboard. 

Of these four had confirmed they will join the scheme that will give 5 year residence (extendable up to 20 years) for those investing 10 million baht in condominiums. 

They are Saensiri, Nusasiri, Four Seasons and Raimon Land.

The media also said that interest among foreigners was increasing with Germans, Chinese and Hong Kong residents at the forefront. 

The scheme involves Elite Flexible One that offers five year residence for 500,000 baht extendable up to 20 years. Validity period of application is over the next two years from January 1st to december 31st 2022.

With the Elite Flexible Plus scheme the people who run the program will throw in a work permit too. 

The Bangkok Insight also reported interest in a real estate project in Koh Larn off Pattaya. 

Source: The Bangkok Insight

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-15

Good give me my 20 years I have bought a lot more then 10 million in this country 

elite Card doesn't make much sense when when a retirement Visa costs only BT 1,900 and it is so easy to get. But there seems to be a number of posts with vested interest on this forum who are posting false information here claiming that the retirement Visa is very problematic. 

19 minutes ago, gamini said:

elite Card doesn't make much sense when when a retirement Visa costs only BT 1,900 and it is so easy to get. But there seems to be a number of posts with vested interest on this forum who are posting false information here claiming that the retirement Visa is very problematic. 

There's a lot of people on this forum who indeed have vested interests...... there's a few in uniform as well......   100%

13 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Lovely....... Chinese, Chinese and Germans....... That should make a joyous environment...... One trying to shout louder than the other..... Oh, and i musn't forget the spitting........     Oh, dear me......    Next straw..... 

They spend money, unlike the current tightwads. Every satang is prisoner with some of them.

• Confused 1