What should I do in Pattaya?

1fortheroad

As others have said, there are island trips, the aquarium, and Tiger Park.  Silver Lake.  My partner and I had a very nice day at Nong Nooch Gardens last week--really beautiful and not crowded with tourists.   There is Legend Siam near Nong Nooch that looks nice but I haven't been to it yet.   Floating Market.  Terminal 21. Dolphinarium. 

Cafe Pascal is good and there are other restaurants all over.  Chocolate Factory is fun by Cosy Beach.   Back Fabrik in Jomtien has breakfast selections and German and Thai dishes, as well as a bakery.   Lots of seafood restaurants by the ocean--including ones in Wong Amat and Naklua, not far from Dusit.  There is a new restaurant across the street from Dusit called Beach Quarters, next to Amari.  Have a nice trip.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

am going for New Years if they do not close the place with lockdown and will let you know.

If you look at todays news from the Pattaya mayor. You will see that he has canceled all new year celebration. That's on the internet Thai news. In English. It's still open as of today, but no fireworks ETC. Said it would be impossible to control crowds. There are other bits. That is on U/Tube fabulous 103fm. News flash. And before peeps say it's B/S go look.   

Edited by fredob43

24 minutes ago, murraynz said:

I live at Cosy beach...go to Pattaya reguarly...its definitely N O T a ghost town....if youve been there recently...

I dont know how you can say that....

Some areas much quieter,sure..

Soi Buakhou,is quite lively.

My long time friend and Pattaya resident of at least 30 years took a dander around Buakhao and Chaiyaphum for the first time since in about 4 months and said it was "underwhelming" compared to the Pattaya of our hedonistic youth. It's probably awesome for those with a low threshold of excitement or live their lives vicariously through the stories of others.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Terminal 21 at the dolphin roundabout has lots of very acceptable restaurants --- over twenty and stacks of other shops and facilities AND the Sandbar restaurant in Jomtien is excellent with many live music nights .  

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

My long time friend and Pattaya resident of at least 30 years took a dander around Buakhao and Chaiyaphum for the first time since in about 4 months and said it was "underwhelming" compared to the Pattaya of our hedonistic youth. It's probably awesome for those with a low threshold of excitement or live their lives vicariously through the stories of others.

It’s nice to hear the truth, not from others trying to convince themselves and others that things are great and have never been better 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you just paid for flights to UTP airport I would change your destination to Koh Chang instead. Pattaya is to go to single, not in a relationship hehe.

With some luck it will be like a private island and beach there. Might be a once in a lifetime chance after all..

Edited by ChaiyaTH

11 hours ago, fredob43 said:

It's high season and there's not a sole about. Walking street is as good a closed. M/Shops those that are open are empty. Bars yes, some open but again Not a customer about, fine if you want to sit in and empty bar watching the ladies playing connect 4.  Ko Lan might be ok, cant comment on that, as I said we left asap. So didn't do it, but if it's anything like the rest of Pattaya I would give it a miss.   

I would relymore on the people who live here for advice, not from day trippers. As others have said, it is much quieter than this time last year but definitley not dead. Water is cleaner, roads are quieter. I would recommend a trip down Jomtien. Quite a bit  busier than Pattaya and only a 10baht bus ride or short car journey away. The seafood restaurants at the end of Beach Rd, Jomtiem are very busy most nights but the weekends are really busy.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 1fortheroad said:

So my plans might change depending on the virus, but I plan to head to Pattaya in early January. 

Will probably take the girlfriend.

I’m looking for recommendations on:

- what is the absolute best restaurant in Pattaya, higher end/fine dining (if possible)

- Best place for an English breakfast?

- Best place for selection of beers (I like imported/craft beers)

- Good day time activity to take the girlfriend and her niece

I'll be staying at the Dusit Thani but I have a car so transport is not a problem.

Thank you

One of the best fine dining restaurants is Cafe des Amis. 

Well, you can start off with breakfast at the Dusit....they have a pretty nice breakfast buffet.....or head down Soi Buakhao near Soi 15 and stop into Nicky’s for the monster feed (see photo).  After head to Koh LAN for a lazy day on an empty beach.  Night life is pretty much restricted to the Soi LK Metro area of town....pretty much jumping all the time after 7pm or head to Maibrew at the A1 Hotel on Beach Road?  Terminal 21 will give you a good selection of eats on the top floor as well?  I think the Hilton EDGE and Horizion Bar are open as well?  Since you have the car go and sniff out along Jomtien Beach....the Sandbar would be nice for dinner and quiet for sure.  The town is far from dead unless you hang near Soi 7 or 8......it is VERY QUIET for the most part and certainly not Bangkok, but you should not be too bored.....ask the kind ladies at the Dusit front desk...they just might steer you to parts unknown.....????????????????????????????????????

93F79032-57A8-4048-959F-83DF47CC8F8D.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

Well, you can start off with breakfast at the Dusit....they have a pretty nice breakfast buffet.....

Do you know for a fact that they are still offering the buffet?

I have been disappointed at a few hotels lately that have dispensed with buffets as they really don't have sufficient custom to justify the effort. And many will agree, a hotel buffet, or monster feed as you show from Nickys, is what many look for... A hotel standard serving of an undercooked snotty fried egg or two, warmed up slices of boiled ham and a deep fried butterflied hot dog  with toast served up 10 minutes prior, gone cold, isn't good enough. . 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, fredob43 said:

We booked for 3 nights left after 36 hours.

What happened, did you run out of money staying in that top end guesthouse called Sutus court? Not surprised you were the only ones staying there, its a complete dump, plenty of better hotels around with deals.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, elgenon said:

It is also the world center of sporting activities as we have been told.

Are you aware of sporting activities in and around Pattaya? even Saturday they had bird racing, no not agogo girls, but cockatoos and mackaws. It was quite a sight when i walked past Bali Hai on Saturday

Screenshot_2020-12-23-10-52-56-979_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1