Thai govt eyes offering long weekend every month next year

webfact

Last week the latest figures showed GDP would drop next year. This absolutely crazy idea will only push it down further. There is currently a finite amount of disposable income in the country so inviting people to have more time off. Dropping productivity will not do anything to stimulate the economy. As already stated it will increase road fatalities and the additional injuries will only drive the economy further down. Maybe the Thai Govt should out source the Government ministers job to the Japanese or Singaporeans if that want the country to develop and grow. Putting the the fox in charge of the hen house is not the answer.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the ministry will ask the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) to let foreigners visit Thailand and arrange quarantine so they can leave their rooms but not the hotel.

That'll pull them in... go out on a leash.

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Haha 1

Well I for one am not amused.  Another long weekend causing the schools to be closed and my daughter to be home for another day each month.  They are already being limited to two weeks break between terms.  Also I am tired of having my free time taken up due to all the days off when I must care for her.  

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Paul Henry said:

Last week the latest figures showed GDP would drop next year.

Not sure what you saw, but GDP predictions for 2021 are for a 3-4% increase on 2020. 

This remains below 2019 levels but definitely an increase on 2020.

Clearly, this is dependent on the COVID situation & economic recovery in Thailand and elsewhere.

• Sad 2

19 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the ministry will ask the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) to let foreigners visit Thailand and arrange quarantine so they can leave their rooms but not the hotel.

Does this man understand the point of quarantine?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IraqRon said:

Well I for one am not amused.  Another long weekend causing the schools to be closed and my daughter to be home for another day each month.  They are already being limited to two weeks break between terms.  Also I am tired of having my free time taken up due to all the days off when I must care for her.  

Should have thought of that before you made her...

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, IraqRon said:

If your tired of having your free time taken away by watching your daughter maybe you should put her up for adoption then you wouldnt have to worry about your responsibilities.....what a parent lol kids are a bit like puppies not only for xmas........

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, colinneil said:

Unbelievable, bloody unbelievable, what idiot thought up that crazy idea, covid, what you talking about covid for.

We just need to spread a little happiness, to hell with covid.

An idiot earning good money who needs to justify his position once in a while. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If an additional day off a month is believed to stimulate the economy, using their same logic, why not make it every weekend amnd make the economy boom !!!

Couldn't make this stuff up altbough his reasoning is well suited for the current government. 

• Like 1