Tales of Woe ! .....What tales have you heard ?

CharlieH

32 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me of that pretty girl on my hotel floor when I just arrived in Thailand and was constantly horny. She told me give me 500B and let's do it. Sure, let's do it.

The next day I needed to visit the doctor...  And when I saw her again I told her that she gave me a problem. Then she told me: This is why I needed the 500B for the doctor.

It really happened - about 25 years ago.

Never had that problem, the only woman I have had sex with here without a condom is my GF, and that was only after two years probation.

Just wondering - if you had given her a pregnancy problem, and she asked you for more money, what would you have done?

27 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Never had that problem, the only woman I have had sex with here without a condom is my GF, and that was only after two years probation.

Just wondering - if you had given her a pregnancy problem, and she asked you for more money, what would you have done?

I've never used condoms with any woman I had sex with. maybe used 5-10 in my life, but always ended up having her without it.

if she were pregnant, I wouldn't give her any money, but I would offer to take the DNA tested child, I like raising children.

Almost finished raising one daughter that isn't mine (age 22, just about to finish university), still in the process of raising my 9 year old son.

If you want numbers, maybe 50 ONS/rentals, 3-4 live in lovers LTRs, 2-3 regular girls on the side.

What would be the fun in having sex, without the hope of a child?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I have witnessed first hand many times the popular  scam - "Honey you buy business for me."  Slow drip water torture.

One of the most painful involved a 65 year old pensioned up farang with his 22 year old financial advisor who recommended opening an ice cream/coffee shop.

Five star overhaul of a derelict bar.  New everything.  Windows, aircons, high end coffee machines, ice cream machines, 20 sets of high end tables and chairs.  All new.

It was a pleasure enjoying the beautiful surroundings initially.  But then reality hit.  The lady wanted to display a good heart so gave away free coffee, ice cream and alcohol to all her local bar girl friends and family.

The farang mentioned how business is supposed to be operated with an objective of showing a profit and she would start crying and pouting in front of customers.  

Then the farang mentioned his landlord issued him 30,000 baht/month electric bills  as he rewired his hotel to the farang's meter.

I quit going to this shop when witnessing the meeting with skinhead biker gang loan shark's as he tried keeping dream alive.

But the story had a happy ending as they closed the shop and moved back to his home country together and found a new job as his pension had been fully depleted.

• Haha 2

I know about ten blokes who have bought houses for hookers and often hookers with kids that they also get lumped with having to pay for everything for.
They ALL pay for the various extra problems that hooker families seem to have such as gambling losses, unpaid loans, failed rice crops, school extras, uniforms, brother/sisters failed business ventures, car and motorcycle accidents, sick parents, loans to relatives, land being hocked, it never ends. 

i went to a wedding in Burirum.
Soi Buakeow bar girl. Unfortunately the English groom, 42, had told his English family and friends she wasn’t a hooker. All of us at the wedding who lived in Thailand  knew she was but didn’t mention it to his family and friends.

For some reason her old teacher MCed the wedding and on stage asked the usual “How did you meet the first time”. The wife went first in Thai and then the half drunk groom started to tell everyone this detailed story on and on about how they met in a 7/11 where she worked. Which was news to her kids, family and friends that she had a job in a 7/11.
No one was buying the story and it got bigger and bigger as he realized nobody was believing it up on stage with a microphone. Cringeworthy 

His old English mum the next morning at breakfast said dead pan when asked what she thought of her new daughter in law “He could have spent his money a bit better I think”

He then had a week in Samui on honeymoon with his English best friends/groomsmen and their English wives who were already sus on the new wife and a bit shocked that she had dumped her kids on her parents for years and hardly saw them to work in a 7/11 hundreds of kilometers away when there were 7/11s in Buriram.

I don’t know what went down on the honeymoon trip but he said he won’t ever speak to any of them again. 

He has lost his three best lifelong friends and any respect he had from his mother and now spends his days with someone who was only ever in it for the money, not because of any genuine feelings. 

He could have easily scored a normal woman in Thailand. But I think he had anxiety and confidence issues so went down the pay/rescue a bar girl path.

Sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've never used condoms with any woman I had sex with. maybe used 5-10 in my life, but always ended up having her without it.

if she were pregnant, I wouldn't give her any money, but I would offer to take the DNA tested child, I like raising children.

Almost finished raising one daughter that isn't mine (age 22, just about to finish university), still in the process of raising my 9 year old son.

If you want numbers, maybe 50 ONS/rentals, 3-4 live in lovers LTRs, 2-3 regular girls on the side.

What would be the fun in having sex, without the hope of a child?

That is a nice thing to do also raised 2 daughers that were not my own (of the woman that scammed me) the kids are great still come to visit me help me when they come over from Europe. 

But at least you take care of the kid (and so you should if you father it). Respect. Many do a runner.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me of that pretty girl on my hotel floor when I just arrived in Thailand and was constantly horny. She told me give me 500B and let's do it. Sure, let's do it.

The next day I needed to visit the doctor...  And when I saw her again I told her that she gave me a problem. Then she told me: This is why I needed the 500B for the doctor.

It really happened - about 25 years ago.

25 years ago you should have been using condoms. That was the middle of the AIDS crisis.

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

As has been said many times in various topics over the years " never let anyone know you are worth more dead than alive" ????

Trouble is, I am worth more dead than alive.  I've never even made a will, noone in my family (no wife/kids!) deserves it if I pop my cloggs.

Nice problem to have, I guess

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Was there ever a time in your life when you were horny and didn't think too much? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Every person who has a job is broke? erm...  

Every head of household that I know that has a job is usually one or two paychecks from being broke.

This is especially true of white men living in Thailand, whom often live hand to mouth with no pension, and no safety net in case of illness or accident.

I never felt completely happy without the next 5 years worth of expenses sitting in a bank account.

How many years can you last without working?

Edited by BritManToo

8 hours ago, cerox said:

I like that and handle it the same way.

Most of my money is in my home country, not even accessible in Thailand because its real estate. I never tell any Thai about it, girlfriend / friends do not know and do not need to know.

Because I ride a motorbike and live in a small condo they think I am just getting by. It is great, nobody ever asks for money.

You know how Thai people are, when they have money, they need to show it.

Always make people think you have nothing rather than simple transport, accommodation and food. Never had any issues in SEA.

But then, what is the point of having money?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Every head of household that I know that has a job is usually one or two paychecks from being broke.

This is especially true of white men living in Thailand, whom often live hand to mouth with no pension, and no safety net in case of illness or accident.

I never felt completely happy without the next 5 years worth of expenses sitting in a bank account.

How many years can you last without working?

Guess you don't know me. Got more then 5 years in my account and save more then half of what i make. 

Maybe you hang out with the wrong crowd. I hang out now with a lot of professionals from SG because of my GF. All of them are making quite nice money and are not 2 two paychecks away from being broke.

I think it depends where you live and who you associate with. Also in the SG relations you see most of them of equal age and looks. Usually both work too and are professionals too. It really depends on what you want from life and what kind of girl you want. 

Take one from low socio economic standing dazzle her with cash and then later wonder why she took your cash and left you. (not you you as you seem to not fall for it). For those girls its a job to be with a guy a way to get money and stability and offers her youth in return. So in her eyes by giving her her attractive years she deserves money before she gets traded in again for a younger one. That is the mindset of those woman especially those who worked in bars (with exceptions of course).

I think its mainly about selection of the girl and what you go for. Lot of guys let their ego and small head do the thinking.

But there are a lot of greedy woman too who get scammed by Nigerians. So its not just foreign guys that get shafted. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I know I don't want a 65 year old girl who is overweight and balding!

I can understand that, why would she want you then besides money if hse is half your age. So in a way its a choice. 

Many of these girls have just their looks no job no good education. So their one shot is to find someone with money. Then extract as much money as they can while they are still desirable.

Your advice of not spending money on girls holds water because those kind of girls will not go for guys that are tight with money. They prefer fresh of the boat foreigners who don't know much.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Only know of 4 guys who just seemed to have had enough and leave.

Only know of one though which can be typical behavior by some Thai families once one of the daughters have found a Westerner.

They are still together in Canada with the kids, he, Thai wife and one step daughter and his son.

There's a lot more to it but for short before they left for Canada he bought brand new tractor which was needed for his wife's Father and brother use on the farm.

His wife in Canada sent money to family every month.

When they came back 2 years later the tractor was unused flat tyres and cover in dust, leaves and birds muck with mice living in it, and land was overgrown.

Not only was he annoyed but his wife was livid they left and spent there holiday down South and returned to Canada.

He emailed me a couple of times and said his wife had stopped sending money except for small amount for basics which she sends to her mother only so her mother doesn't go without. 

Actualy that sounds sadder to me than the OP.

I had a very good friend   from the U.S.  who  was worth a considerable sum, due to savings, and  two very generous pensions.

He was in his early sixties when he met, and later married a 20 year old Thai girl, who had worked  in the hotel of a friend.  On  taking her   to the U.S. for a holiday,  the  U.S. Embassy  then insisted   she must change her surname to his before they would issue  a visa. This was done.   Before leaving on holiday, my friend bought land  and built a very large  house on it.  As, then, because of having a farang surname, the wife couldnt  buy or own land,  this was  put in the mother in laws name.  Off they went to the U.S. for several months. On return to Thailand,  my friend was approached by a Thai man, who proceeded to haggle over the price  he wanted to pay for the house the mother in law was supposed to ow.n  It turns out, while   they were in the U.S.  , the dear old soul  had proc eeded to sell the house, as was her legal right.  By threats of cutting off the very generous monthly allowance my friend was  giving both the old soul, and a lazy good for nothing brother of the wife, the sale was stopped.  My  friend then proceeded to build another, much smaller, basic house next door to the original, and re,located  mum in law into that, after, somehow, getting  both land plots transferred to his wife

p.S.  My friend died some years later, sadly, he was a good man.   The wife promptly  took on a worthless poor  Thai  as her" companion",

and  still retains the right  to some part of   my friend pensions.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, robblok said:

Guess you don't know me. Got more then 5 years in my account and save more then half of what i make. 

Maybe you hang out with the wrong crowd. I hang out now with a lot of professionals from SG because of my GF. All of them are making quite nice money and are not 2 two paychecks away from being broke.

I think it depends where you live and who you associate with. Also in the SG relations you see most of them of equal age and looks. Usually both work too and are professionals too. It really depends on what you want from life and what kind of girl you want. 

Take one from low socio economic standing dazzle her with cash and then later wonder why she took your cash and left you. (not you you as you seem to not fall for it). For those girls its a job to be with a guy a way to get money and stability and offers her youth in return. So in her eyes by giving her her attractive years she deserves money before she gets traded in again for a younger one. That is the mindset of those woman especially those who worked in bars (with exceptions of course).

I think its mainly about selection of the girl and what you go for. Lot of guys let their ego and small head do the thinking.

But there are a lot of greedy woman too who get scammed by Nigerians. So its not just foreign guys that get shafted. 

It's a personal choice. I know a couple of guys who are married to a woman in their own age group who has a good job.

And I know guys who prefer sexy young girls who don't work.

Personally I think you only live once. Why should you spend time with an old woman if you can afford a cute young one?

• Like 2