‘Vaccine passports’ could allow foreigners to visit Thailand without quarantine: TAT

webfact

1 hour ago, Big Yuley said:

15,000 cases. really. and 75 deaths.

Can you tell me Thailand's yearly death toll from road accidents.

Im sure they have had far more than 75 today.

Obviously you dont know much about Thailand and how many road deaths they have on a yearly basis. 

And even on the very remote chance I get Covid, i have a 98% of surviving,. even higher as im 45 and no pre existing medical conditions.

I was referring to your statement about dying in a taxi on the way from the airport to your hotel.  That is what you said.

7 hours ago, Poet said:

It astonishes me that this hasn't been obvious to everyone since it became clear last summer that the vaccines were promising.

Thailand and every other tourism-dependent country will inevitably leap upon vaccines as their way out of this mess. An absolute ban on unvaccinated visitors, along with the vaccination of their own most vulnerable, will allow them to get back to business as usual.

That a few hundred elderly Thais will die from covid-related complications each year going forward won't matter. What matters is that the government will be seen to have done something, and that every other country is doing the same.

It appears that many are also unaware of how fast the vaccination schemes are rolling out in the wealthier countries that traditionally supply tourists to Thailand. The US government claim that they will reach general availability at some point in the spring, meaning that anyone who wants to get vaccinated, or who needs to get vaccinated in order to travel, will be able to do so.

Someone above suggested that health and other frontline workers are unlikely to want to visit Thailand. That lacks awareness of how people in stressful, well-paid jobs like to spend their hard-earned money. The airlines, too, will be eager to get their expensive planes back in the air.

Thailand will replace testing and quarantine with a vaccination requirement, for all visas and visa extensions, within the next 3 months. The past year of not being able to go out or take short vacations will mean that many in the West will have the desire and, more importantly, the money to take a more exotic vacation than usual. With the quarantine requirement consigned to history, that pent-up demand will make this year's high season a record breaker.

Personally, I would prefer to enjoy Thailand without hordes of tourists, but it is blindingly obvious what is going to happen. Too many in this forum have chips on their shoulders against Thailand, often with good cause, and want to see the tourist industry permanently damaged, as a form of karmic justice, a much-deserved comeuppance for the military government. This pandemic period, however, is only a blip. The Thai elites will continue to get rich off the tourist dollar and 2020 will be mostly forgotten.

"Thailand will replace testing and quarantine with a vaccination requirement, for all visas and visa extensions, within the next 3 months."   In view of how far behind Thailand is on obtaining the vaccine, I think you are a litte optomistic in your time line? 

I also think the WHO should be involved in the design of the Certificate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Yuley said:

just like many other viruses and vaccines

Many of which killed or severely injured millions prior to achieving mass vaccination. But without thorough mass vaccination, they would be reappearing and still causing havoc

Edited by d2b2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

"Thailand will replace testing and quarantine with a vaccination requirement, for all visas and visa extensions, within the next 3 months."   In view of how far behind Thailand is on obtaining the vaccine, I think you are a litte optomistic in your time line? 

The International Air Transport Association (I.A.T.A.) has almost finished their digital vaccination certificate passport for people who wish to fly internationally to show proof of vaccination before boarding aircraft.  

A few other organizations are also developing something similar. 

RE - Foreigners who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 could be allowed to visit Thailand without the need to quarantine,

* Finally - some "common sence" ... :clap2:

Edited by ttrd

7 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

The International Air Transport Association (I.A.T.A.) has almost finished their digital vaccination certificate passport for people who wish to fly internationally to show proof of vaccination before boarding aircraft.  
    It’s very likely (but not 100% certain) that it will also be accepted at immigration at any foreign country you are entering. 

2 minutes ago, ttrd said:

RE - Foreigners who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 could be allowed to visit Thailand without the need to quarantine,

* Finnally - some common sence ... :clap2:

or a Common Con$en$uss 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Vaccines: Some will have the Sino, or Sputnik, or Oxford Astra Zeneca, or Pfizer, or Modena. Are all as effective as each other?

Even after vaccination covid can be caught and carried. Many take 2-3 weeks to kick in -- I expect the Sino and Sputnik are immediate!

Tests: Covid tests are all different. There is no international standard. Are the tests all done under the correct conditions? Are conditions and skilled personnel the same in London as Jakarta? Udon Thani as Berlin?

It is generally accepted by the 'educated' world that the virus will remain with us throughout 2021 -- and beyond. However, Thai politicians and officials consider it ok to plan for part of 2021 to bring about a great revival of tourists!

And I wonder if the 'no quarantine for those vaccinated' will mean that they have no need to buy medical insurance from a Thai company still?

• Like 1

This year I needed a tetanus and a rabies booster as they (my hospital) could not find the records. Asked them if I was up to date with my others but they could not answer that as well. While in the military I had a card that was carried on person and up to date with all injections and vaccines. Even a dog has his own small little book nowadays. Now I have nothing regarding vaccines, but a different book for blood thinners another for allergies and a blood donor card from the red cross. 

3 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Over the past year ....Fauci has changed his mind and moved the goal posts so many times I don’t bother listening to him anymore.
      In early 2020 I trusted and believed him. But now I have no trust in anything he says anymore. 

i'm with ya!  i hate when science makes new discoveries.  means then i'm supposed to learn more stuff.

gosh, i think it was barely a year ago.  this covids thing was a flu-like pneumonia possibly caused by a virus related to sars that was maybe transmissible betwixt humans. 

stupid knowledge.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

This year I needed a tetanus and a rabies booster as they (my hospital) could not find the records. Asked them if I was up to date with my others but they could not answer that as well. While in the military I had a card that was carried on person and up to date with all injections and vaccines. Even a dog has his own small little book nowadays. Now I have nothing regarding vaccines, but a different book for blood thinners another for allergies and a blood donor card from the red cross. 

Download and install the yellow “Vaccine Record” app from the App Store of Apple or from app sources for Android.  Made by Dr. Deb the travel doctor. 

I use it to keep a record of all my vaccinations, both shots, and oral vaccines, and I highly recommend it. 
Make sure you keep a record of the official name of the vaccine, the name of the clinic or hospital where you received it, and the date and the Lot or Batch number. Just ask the person who gave you the shot for that info. 
   You can make copies and send to your email or in the cloud for backup. 

5 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Over the past year ....Fauci has changed his mind and moved the goal posts so many times I don’t bother listening to him anymore.
      In early 2020 I trusted and believed him. But now I have no trust in anything he says anymore. 

I know, I mean why would anyone listen to an expert in their field that actually gives advice at any given time based on new and changing information about a new virus :coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ChouDoufu said:

i'm with ya!  i hate when science makes new discoveries.  means then i'm supposed to learn more stuff.

gosh, i think it was barely a year ago.  this covids thing was a flu-like pneumonia possibly caused by a virus related to sars that was maybe transmissible betwixt humans. 

stupid knowledge.

Yep.... remember when it was only “ ..social distance and lockdown for just two weeks to flatten the curve.”  ? ? 
    Sure “Great Leader”.  Tell me another one.... LOL ???? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, WineOh said:

Why would anybody fly 6,000 miles to visit deserted beaches, shuttered attractions & closed bars/restaurants?

Because many people's primary reason for visiting Thailand is going to the beach, the mountains, the temples, checking out various scenery.  I can only see these things being deserted as being a massive pull.

People who want to see Thailand in a way that no one has seen for centuries (and might never get to see again once things return to normal) will be racing to get over here.

• Like 1

And at last we have what we all knew was bound to happen. Hope you're all happy now knowing what your fear mongering has done 555 - absolutely astounding 

To quote the words of a non-conformist, forward thinker John Lydon (was Rotten) . . . 

"And blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line" 

Enjoy lying in your beds that you have not only made for yourselves, but everyone else. Some people only realise when its too late, the rest of us can see whats coming yet get accused of being CT's haha

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Walter Travolta said:

And at last we have what we all knew was bound to happen. Hope you're all happy now knowing what your fear mongering has done 555 - absolutely astounding 

To quote the words of a non-conformist, forward thinker John Lydon (was Rotten) . . . 

"And blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line" 

Enjoy lying in your beds that you have not only made for yourselves, but everyone else. Some people only realise when its too late, the rest of us can see whats coming yet get accused of being CT's haha

Well said.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robertson468 said:

The same WHO that follows Whatever China tells them to say?

Yesterday I was reading not so fast even if you get vaccinated from another Thai official ( there are just so many ) that said there just isn't enough data yet to make that determination as to travel. Today we get a different opinion I'm just glad someone brought up the suggestion to me that is progress in itself?

Remember we can all over think this stuff that is what we have forgotten about what the affects of Covid -19 has done to all of us mentally?  It should be noted they call it a vaccine for a reason it isn't a cure!????

Edited by thailand49

3 minutes ago, imouweb said:

simply and not complicated

when entering Thailand presenting Vaccine passport plus Covid -19 test on arrival= freedom

responsible move 

How to get a vaccine passport when I can not enter Thailand and go to KSR ? By mail ? or email?

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The ‘vaccine passports’ are one of a number of ideas mooted by TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn

It's not one of this guy's ideas.  It is an old WHO invention and it is mandatory to wear it.

8362846A-6F9B-4365-924D-729FD24BAAB8.jpeg

• Like 2