Biden reopens online health insurance marketplaces, citing 'damage' from Trump

webfact

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Wonder how many Americans would vote for giving up 12% of their wages for free health care like the UK ? Then again, with obesity in the USA near 40%, I doubt the vote would get through for fear of takeaway withdrawals and mass unemployment.

Guess you're not aware the UK is about in the same league with regards to fat citizens.  Just a hair below the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_body_mass_index

Right now, many Americans don't have access to health care.  Obamacare was a step in the right direction.  Health care is extremely expensive in the US.  Reform is desperately needed.  And guaranteed, this won't result in mass unemployment...jeez...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I smell BS.  Our family has been on "Affordable Care" for a number of years, though only my wife is on it now.  I haven't noticed a whole lot of changes.  Cost changes according to income and which policy you choose. 

"The Affordable Care Act, also known as "Obamacare", was developed to help individuals access affordable health insurance through a health insurance marketplace where Americans can purchase federally regulated and subsidized health insurance during open enrollment.  In order to qualify, you must sign up during Open Enrollment but could still be eligible if you had a qualifying life event such as changing jobs, getting married/divorced, moving, etc."

People suddenly want to buy insurance when they get sick.  It doesn't normally work that way.  However, with the Affordable Health Care, I was able to get a policy with a precondition and I had no insurance after a job loss.  It was the first year they offered it. I had a 6.5 cm abdominal aortal aneurysm (ticking time bomb) which would have killed me in about a year or less.   Hospitals were estimating it would cost me $100,000 +.  With the insurance ($75/month for 3 people) I maybe paid $500 out of pocket.  Now with our income I pay around $425/month for only my wife who is about 62.

This is all look good stuff. 

It's run by the states.  Some doing better than others.  Seems you're in a state where things are still being run properly.  That's not true across all states.

Congrats to Biden for stepping up to help the millions without health insurance. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Biden reopens online health insurance marketplaces, citing 'damage' from Trump

in the real world, universal health care should be a human right especially in the usa, the land of liberties. a sick individual can't enjoy liberty, obviously

• Like 1

Thank goodness I'm over 65 and now covered by Medicare. I had to get a policy when I was unemployed, 64, and broke. I couldn't afford it. After 3 months the policy cancelled and I had to pay a fine of $600. This government health insurance in the USA is a scam.

1 hour ago, Pique Dard said:

in the real world, universal health care should be a human right especially in the usa, the land of liberties. a sick individual can't enjoy liberty, obviously

BS!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Thank goodness I'm over 65 and now covered by Medicare. I had to get a policy when I was unemployed, 64, and broke. I couldn't afford it. After 3 months the policy cancelled and I had to pay a fine of $600. This government health insurance in the USA is a scam.

BS!

If you were really broke then you would have been eligible for Medicaid and paid nothing at all.

I have two family members who lost their jobs and medical insurance.  Neither could afford to pay for insurance.   The first day the exchange opened, they signed up.  The insurance didn't take effect until Jan 1, but at least their family is covered.   

The extended date looks like it will help because I know a few more families that will be laid off shortly and they too will lose medical insurance.   

• Like 1