The Cheapest..

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Take out the beach specification, and you can rent a condo with swimming pool in Chiang Rai close to all amenities for 7000 baht/month. IMO that's pretty cheap.

Jomtien , condos for 5,000 , 6,000 ,  wry nice condos too

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Don't know about baht buses as I drove there and used my own car for getting about, the road that runs parallel to the beach road has a few bars on it, we used to frequent a small one owned by a German I think, there were a couple of others, not many I grant you but they are there if you look for them, also some very nice restaurants. ????

A regular trip I used to make from my guest house into the bar area the tuk tuks asked 200 baht, baht bus only 25 baht...

I went there (Prachuap Kirikan) about 4 years ago by the sea and was trying to eat some food and the macaques attacked me for it until they could steal it.

For those more familiar with the area and over time, are they a problem for visitors?

Edited by ChrisKC
typo

11 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

I went there (Prachuap Kirikan) about 4 years ago by the sea and was trying to eat some food and the macaques attacked me for it until they could steal it.

For those more familiar with the area and over time, are they a problem for visitors?

Yes the monkeys are a real problem in all this area

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, beachproperty said:

Rayong, 3,000 to 4,500 baht for a 1 bedroom apt. I know of someone who just recently spent 5,000 baht for a 2 bedroom house 50 meters from the beach. Very clear water for the beach. 

I was going to suggest this as well. And if you start to miss the pole dancers pattaya isnt far away for a night out

• Like 2

3 hours ago, newnative said:

Maybe not everywhere.  Beach dogs don't seem to be a problem on Pattaya Beach--at least not in the northern part.  Can't vouch for the southern area.  Took a walk yesterday morning starting at The Bay Shopping Center and walked up to Dusit, around to Terminal 21 and then down Second Road and then cut down one of the sois back to Beach Road.  Didn't see a single dog--and I was looking for them because someone had posted about packs of dogs scaring them and I wondered what they were talking about.  

It was a bit disconcerting to not see any dogs--sort of like not seeing a 7-11 or Family Mart in sight.  Perhaps they were all over at Runway 88 watching the 747 being assembled.   I'm sure there are dogs around here somewhere but not in numbers to be a problem.  I do remember there were lots of dogs in south Jomtien Beach when I used to live down there.  For the OP,  Pattaya Beach is being kept very clean and has been since it was widened.  

Pattaya Beach road is fine, it's mainly from Bali Hai up to Pratumnak, some of the walks through the woods are dicey, ruins a nice walk when you don't know if there's a pack of dogs round the corner

• Like 1

There are many beautiful beaches in the south.  not all white sand, many golden sand.  the coast of the Andaman Sea from the bridge to Phuket to Takuapa is far better than Pattaya or Jomtien for clean water and swimming.  not much night life but if that's what you'r looking for you can go to Patong beach once things open up again...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

??

Erm...nice. But why are you quoting my post with that info? Mine has no connection with Cosy Beach. 

you gave no info so it was of little help to anyone, but it looked a bit like cosy beach area off Pratumnak and like I said they tend to be cheaper there

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

you gave no info so it was of little help to anyone, but it looked a bit like cosy beach area off Pratumnak and like I said they tend to be cheaper there

Seriously? You try to blame me for your assumption? 

If you wanted to know more you could ask like everyone else.

It doesn't look like Cosy Beach at all. You made a wild and inaccurate assumption. Take some responsibility for your own actions.

The OP asked about cheap apartments near a decent beach and that is what I posted, in Pattaya.

If the OP needs details, he can ask.

I posted pictures of a real apartment costing 4k; not vague advice about Cosy Beach being cheap and you have the nerve to suggest that my post was not helpful. Funny.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Please calm down guys

all of this is a misunderstanding

and 4000 sounds like a real good price for this condo

i would like to know the location if it's possible

(It looks like in Naklua, but not sure)

4k condos are all over Thailand now.  Pretty much everywhere.  Sadly....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

It's not so easy to find a good one, at least in Pattaya

if you want something in a decent building

with a decent size and not far from the beach

the range prices are more in the 5000-10000

of course a shoebox in a unsanitary old building

with outdated furnitures and an old air fan can be 2000-3000\month

most of the Thais live in these rooms

Well put. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

A few pics for the cynical

WP_20191225_12_03_09_Pro.thumb.jpg.806dfba4b59b1e5bba7add42fd214176.jpgWP_20191225_12_04_07_Pro.thumb.jpg.a94391a1017f0b85738fef380cda9d2c.jpgWP_20191225_12_04_59_Pro.thumb.jpg.ee250a853823f275b740d4f216ed267c.jpg

That's what you get for 4k.

A few more. I have pics that show the apartment in a better light; but they have the person who showed me the apartment in them, so won't publish.

WP_20191225_12_04_31_Pro.thumb.jpg.d4c1285792fd2e806d96c9570ba8e8e0.jpg

WP_20191225_12_04_22_Pro.thumb.jpg.76d7d141baf343e67dfa473c27cfe9fd.jpgWP_20191225_12_03_49_Pro.thumb.jpg.d09283799cba5b9614dcc43255bad55e.jpg

WP_20191225_12_03_58_Pro.thumb.jpg.561c7fb113f9fbd545860102aa5d1170.jpg

Bear in mind that if you are asking about the location details; that I am allowing the first people who asked to have to space and time to investigate, rather than everyone who is interested attack it at the same time. I have no connection with the place and only discovered it through a friend who was actually staying in the room. I was shocked to find out what she was paying and decided to check for myself to see if it was a one-off for her alone. It wasn't. Though the price for electricity was quoted at something like 10 baht per unit, which is ridiculous. But if rent is 4k, it gives a bit of leeway.

Not really for me, as I have other requirements; but I recognise that it represents good value for some. They also have a big pool and recreation area.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Like 2

On 1/31/2021 at 3:25 PM, Jeffr2 said:

South of Hua hin or south of Rayong. 

South of Rayong ?  You mean Ko Samet ?

Or did you mean Ranong ?

The title of the thread is ' The Cheapest "  ....... not  ' the nicest '

Also,  there are some other requirements like nightlife and supermarkets etc.

I never go to Pattaya myself as it is a city on the sea. On the rare occasions I want to see the sea I go to quieter places where we can have the beach to ourselves. Nonetheless, for cheap accomodation Pattaya is hard to beat plus it has plenty of supermarkets and  even noe some nightlife.  The sea there is certainly not the cleanest but right now, because of the pandemic , it surely must be cleaner than usual .

• Like 1

The OP asked for "within one kilometer of a beach".

I don't want to open another topic just to ask: How about something directly on the beach without road in between?

I.e. long time ago I stayed for a holiday in a hut on a beach in Samui. I liked it.

I guess by now I am too old for that romantic hut. But an air-conditioned  bungalow directly at the beach would be nice. Do they exist and how much do they cost?

And is there a downside to be directly on the beach?

5262fa8529e34809d00805b057c98756.jpg

22 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

I see lots of folks sleeping on the beach and the like in Pattaya City....would imagine it is cheap as chips as half the price? 

87BAEB8F-62C7-43B5-A1E3-569FCB1EE6DB.jpeg

Next time I visit I'll bring some cabbages to feed the hippos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The OP asked for "within one kilometer of a beach".

I don't want to open another topic just to ask: How about something directly on the beach without road in between?

I.e. long time ago I stayed for a holiday in a hut on a beach in Samui. I liked it.

I guess by now I am too old for that romantic hut. But an air-conditioned  bungalow directly at the beach would be nice. Do they exist and how much do they cost?

And is there a downside to be directly on the beach?

5262fa8529e34809d00805b057c98756.jpg

Yes, They exist. There is no downside if that is where you want to be. The aircon beachfront bungalow on Samui where I used to stay for months on end increased it's price from 1,500 baht per night(45k per month) to 5,500 baht per day(165k per month) after their 'renovations'. Needless to say, I didn't stay there again. Greed is not good.

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2021 at 11:20 AM, hotchilli said:

Totally agreed, prices in general are good for monthly rental, places to eat, markets etc are reasonable too... 

beaches are good quality and flea markets, bars etc all close to hand.

Local transport is good with baht buses if you want real cheap transport.

Baht Buses in Prachuap?

Maybe in Hua Hin.

On 2/1/2021 at 5:23 PM, hotchilli said:

Soi 67 next to Hua Hin Marriott spa resort [Phetkhassem road]

Uhm... although that is in Prachuap Khiri khan province , the actual area is in the city of Hua Hin.

Muang (City) Prachuap is @ 100 kilometres south of Hua Hin.

12 hours ago, moose7117 said:

Uhm... although that is in Prachuap Khiri khan province , the actual area is in the city of Hua Hin.

Muang (City) Prachuap is @ 100 kilometres south of Hua Hin.

The poster asked for a cheap place to rent, less than one kilometre from a beach, and within 15 minutes from town/market nightlife etc etc...

The place I stated is 100 meters form a beach, 5 minutes from a huge night market, and a very leisurely 10 minute stroll to the bar/restaurant area for a nightcap.

A specific location was not asked for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

The poster asked for a cheap place to rent, less than one kilometre from a beach, and within 15 minutes from town/market nightlife etc etc...

The place I stated is 100 meters form a beach, 5 minutes from a huge night market, and a very leisurely 10 minute stroll to the bar/restaurant area for a nightcap.

A specific location was not asked for.

I just don't want any confusion between Hua Hin< where you suggested, and the town of Prachuap.

Personally i would not recommend Prachuap town as it is extremely boring with no bars and extremely aggressive monkeys................ apparently.

1 hour ago, moose7117 said:

I just don't want any confusion between Hua Hin< where you suggested, and the town of Prachuap.

Personally i would not recommend Prachuap town as it is extremely boring with no bars and extremely aggressive monkeys................ apparently.

There is no confusion, Hua Hin is one of eight districts within Prachuap Khiri Khan Province

As for boring that's subjective, I have always found anything and everything that I have wanted... without it being pushed into my face 24/7 like some east coast resorts.

As for the monkeys I don't find them an issue as long as you don't try to feed or interfere with them.

On 1/31/2021 at 4:55 PM, jingjai9 said:

I turn to this forum as a viable resource for general information. I feel it is here that I can communicate with many expats from various walks of life at different income levels with diversity of philosophy who know Thailand. What I would like to know follows:

What is the cheapest place in Thailand one could rent a room or condominium that is within one kilometer of a beach. A beach that has white sand and is "swimmable"?

Also a place that is within a 10-15 minute drive from a market or supermarket and also close to restaurants (does not have to serve farang food) and entertainment venues. The entertainment does NOT have to include "bargirl" type of nightlife.

I ask about the cheapest place in Thailand. It does not matter how much I have to spend as I only seek what the readership here thinks is the cheapest. Quality of life is subjective, but rent and costs of food and entertainment, I would say is objective.

Ban Kruat