Jump to content

Can a foreigner buy an elephant in Thailand?


Timwin

Recommended Posts

Thought about how you going to feed it ? It takes more than you might think.

 

"In the wild one animal can consume as much as 600 pounds of food in a single day, although 250 – 300 pounds is a more typical amount. In a zoo, a typical adult elephant may eat 4-5 bales of hay and 10 – 18 pounds, or 4.5 to 8 kg, of grain a day."

 

So 30 bales of hay, 50kg grain per week ! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Thought about how you going to feed it ? It takes more than you might think.

 

"In the wild one animal can consume as much as 600 pounds of food in a single day, although 250 – 300 pounds is a more typical amount. In a zoo, a typical adult elephant may eat 4-5 bales of hay and 10 – 18 pounds, or 4.5 to 8 kg, of grain a day."

 

So 30 bales of hay, 50kg grain per week ! 

 

What would you do with all the waste product

Link to post
Share on other sites

Elephants are very social creatures and need to live in herds so you would need to own at least 15 to keep them happy, and that is a lot of sugar cane...

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Thought about how you going to feed it ? It takes more than you might think.

 

So 30 bales of hay, 50kg grain per week ! 

 

 

Obviously it would be like owning a few cows and require proper farm facilities.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many moons ago a family member had one, they got rid of it after it ate them out of house and home (they eat more than any Thai teenager).

 

It was fun at songkran, a fully automatic, intelligent, water squirting device, that you could ride (the pilot inevitably got far wetter than any of the victims).

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Elephants are very social creatures and need to live in herds so you would need to own at least 15 to keep them happy, and that is a lot of sugar cane...

1 elephant, 1 wife, 3 mia nois and a few girlfriends.

Sorted;

Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife's kid sister is the only sibling yet to get married. Would you consider taking her please?

 

She's 28 yo, 154cm and weighs 155kg. You don't need any special permit and she's free. Can perform many tricks. Just need a pick up to collect, any time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually it could be quite lucrative.

Black Ivory coffee is processed via elephant poop.  It is the possibly the most expensive coffee in the world I believe. 

 

This is an online review:

There isn't a strong, bitter or burnt taste that is common of most coffees, rather you can taste floral notes of chocolate, cardamom, tobacco and a hint of sweet fruit – definitely one of a kind and worth the $50-85 per cup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

My wife's kid sister is the only sibling yet to get married. Would you consider taking her please?

 

She's 28 yo, 154cm and weighs 155kg. You don't need any special permit and she's free. Can perform many tricks. Just need a pick up to collect, any time.

You mean I need a Pickup to collect it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

Elephants are very social creatures and need to live in herds so you would need to own at least 15 to keep them happy, and that is a lot of sugar cane...

And a lot of bedrooms.

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

That's probably a new business venture.

 

Claim you need money for your hungry elephant instead of the sick buffalo.

 

Or claim your elephant needs a heart transplant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

White elephants all belong to the King.  It costs a lot to keep one.. requiring several handlers and a lot of food. In the old days a King would give one to a troublesome  courtier .. to keep him broke.  Hence the term 'white elephant'.. But I guess you knew that.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Antonymous said:

My wife's kid sister is the only sibling yet to get married. Would you consider taking her please?

 

She's 28 yo, 154cm and weighs 155kg. You don't need any special permit and she's free. Can perform many tricks. Just need a pick up to collect, any time.

155KG?

 

That must be an adventure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All kind of different animals get popular on youtube and make a living for the owners, but it takes a bit creativity and understanding what the viewers line and need! 

 

I do not remember what the pigs name or the channels name, but it paid for a better life for all of then and a full time job for the couple involved with own merchandizes as well and sponsors.

Anything is possible with hard work and a bit luck as well.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

What would you do with all the waste product

You really can make toilet tissue from it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...