Can a foreigner buy an elephant in Thailand?

Timwin

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Thought about how you going to feed it ? It takes more than you might think.

"In the wild one animal can consume as much as 600 pounds of food in a single day, although 250 – 300 pounds is a more typical amount. In a zoo, a typical adult elephant may eat 4-5 bales of hay and 10 – 18 pounds, or 4.5 to 8 kg, of grain a day."

So 30 bales of hay, 50kg grain per week ! 

What would you do with all the waste product

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Thought about how you going to feed it ? It takes more than you might think.

So 30 bales of hay, 50kg grain per week ! 

Obviously it would be like owning a few cows and require proper farm facilities.

16 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Elephants are very social creatures and need to live in herds so you would need to own at least 15 to keep them happy, and that is a lot of sugar cane...

1 elephant, 1 wife, 3 mia nois and a few girlfriends.

Sorted;

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually it could be quite lucrative.

Black Ivory coffee is processed via elephant poop.  It is the possibly the most expensive coffee in the world I believe. 

This is an online review:

There isn't a strong, bitter or burnt taste that is common of most coffees, rather you can taste floral notes of chocolate, cardamom, tobacco and a hint of sweet fruit – definitely one of a kind and worth the $50-85 per cup.

20 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

My wife's kid sister is the only sibling yet to get married. Would you consider taking her please?

She's 28 yo, 154cm and weighs 155kg. You don't need any special permit and she's free. Can perform many tricks. Just need a pick up to collect, any time.

You mean I need a Pickup to collect it?

3 hours ago, Antonymous said:

My wife's kid sister is the only sibling yet to get married. Would you consider taking her please?

She's 28 yo, 154cm and weighs 155kg. You don't need any special permit and she's free. Can perform many tricks. Just need a pick up to collect, any time.

155KG?

That must be an adventure.

All kind of different animals get popular on youtube and make a living for the owners, but it takes a bit creativity and understanding what the viewers line and need! 

I do not remember what the pigs name or the channels name, but it paid for a better life for all of then and a full time job for the couple involved with own merchandizes as well and sponsors.

Anything is possible with hard work and a bit luck as well.