Would you do it again?

OneMoreFarang

Would you do it again?  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would have done some things differently back home, prior to the move....

Can't claim to be unhappy at all with life here....

My daughter there that would have benefited from my move and helped oversee & manage things was killed in an automobile accident at 26 a few months before the planned move....

That left me in limbo with what to do with vehicles, family heirlooms, & such....

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's what comes to my mind when I see these old guys in Nana with half open mouth staring at the girls for the first time (ok, a year or two ago). Imagine if your 60 and you think how life would have been in the same company with 30. ???? 

Nah you have me sooooo wrong, I never stayed in Bkk and other places other than Ko Samui for more than 2 days many years ago looking at attractions,  I would never understand someone wanting to live in Bkk and other types of popular places.

That said having been all over Thailand I do realize people coming to Thailand have there favorite places to live because of one thing or the other.

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Often we read about unhappy farangs. Some think their wife planned already 10 years ago to get all their money. Other are just not happy anymore. How about you?

Personally I am living since > 20 years in the middle of Bangkok and I still like it a lot. In all that time I never thought about moving to somewhere else.

How did U support yourself?

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

My comment was not about you and I thought I made that clear. Your comment just made me think about those guys who see what they missed most of their lives.

One of the nice things in Thailand is that people can chose between mega city, tourist place, small or large island, and a village somewhere near Nakhon Nowhere. It's up to our individual tastes and if someone likes place A or B that's perfectly fine.

Yeah I know that and you make a good call. ????

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I went from having 3 phones to 1 when I met my Wife... had I not grown up I may never had had the opportunity to grow up !!!  (if you know what I mean !) :ninja:

3 phones is hectic, Ive manage to control my appetite to one dual sim phone.

4 minutes ago, rumak said:

Very very rarely do i think about how much more money i could have made if I had stayed put .

But if i had stayed put i would now be thinking what a dumb a$$ i was .   Fortunately i chose to come here fairly young and make life an adventure .  Doing all the exciting things that were new back then;

touring the country,  chasing the ladies,  making mistakes,  and learning how to survive.

Not many free spirits left in the world ...... and gonna be much harder to be one as the iron rules of the "new world order"  clamp down on freedom. 

I certainly have no regrets for living more than half my life in Thailand .  The people and lifestyle

i still enjoy (even more so when comparing to the Western world), and am definitely happy to have chosen.

Couldn't have said it better!