Speculation rife that top cop "Big Joke" is set for RTP comeback

webfact

Remember when someone took pot shots at BJ's car, and the subsequent fiasco. The then police chief promised to investigate, but we never heard anything. Everyone seemed to know who was responsible, and the reason, but it was never reported.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

They're all getting a bit jumpy now, April's on it's way and That's Thai fighting season. They closed the country down last year as they all knew what was on the way, and now looking at the reaction of the people in Burma against the military they're scared that it's contagious....... It is...... worse than C19......   I reckon this year's going to be curtains for a few military governments around the world...... They're outdated and the people are sick of them........ 

Remember the Arab spring, well it is now the Asian Spring, going to be interesting...

• Like 1

I thought BJ was caught hands in the till selling priority pass tickets to all and sundry , It was certainly blatantly obvious this had become a Big Joke and as soon as he was moved from Immigration the priority pass nightmare queues disappeared...

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Or was it because Big Joke was quite active in many areas and was getting results to catch criminals etc? Or was he, at the same time, treading on someone's toes? 

All these and more. OK, more like "catch and release", wink. And not paying upwards.

The whole story can't be told, but his resurrection is pretty amazing. His godfather is obviously very powerful, but still, the Manager was very unhappy.

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

Not really the point in regard to yingluck, she and her gang of thieves got removed because they where so corrupt. Quick example her trade minister and his deputy both got jail for several decades for their fake international rice sales scams. 

I think that the unelected "PM" is worse than Yingluck with his schemes for making it so hard for expats to return to Thailand. OK, just supposing the quarantine really is necessary, what about the money his "government" is receiving for the insurance scam of that $100.000.

He could make it much easier for those who are separated from their families and want to get back in to see and be with them, but no! all be is interested in is filling his own pockets.

Yingluck may have had her faults, but her corruption comes nowhere near this unelected "PM"s.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

I'll have to be careful what i say here as i've just returned after another ban, seven days this time for describing the origins of my good lady.......   Anyway back to business........ "Big Joke"... ?   Surely Thailand's up to the gills with jokes at the moment ?  and like "Big Joke" himself they're not particularly funny.....

I've just flown into Jakarta from Istanbul, and i must say it was a pleasant experience at both ends, unlike anything i've experienced in the last three years that i've traveled in and out of Thailand.

Firstly the C19 test was done in my hotel in Istanbul, six hours return for the result and 40$. Turkish airlines, (Boeing 787 ) to Jakarta, which i might say is one of the best Airlines i've flown for a long time, including Thai.

Went through immigration without a question in Istanbul, landed in Jakarta, went through the immigration without any problems whatsoever and exited the airport faster than anytime that i've traveled through Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang , pretty good considering were in the "Worst Pandemic" in living history..... 

Car from the airport to the hotel, one C19 test in the hotel on the 10th, one on the 14th, then after five days quarantine i'm free.....   300$,  Substantially cheaper and smarter than what the present "Scheme" is in Thailand.  

My point is, i don't think Thailand needs anymore spanners chucking in the machinery, and the mere thought of re-instating Mr " Big Joke " in my eyes is tantamount to digging up Pol Pot and putting him back in power........     

Seriously, if Thailand doesn't shape up shortly it's going to be left in the dust.......   

The dust is very quickly becoming quick-sand. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Or was it because Big Joke became too popular?

Or was it because Big Joke was quite active in many areas and was getting results to catch criminals etc? Or was he, at the same time, treading on someone's toes? 

Too active and too much toe tapping. 

Just now, scorecard said:

I agree re Yingluck; IMHO both abuse of authority re transfer of a civil servant and the massive corruption both key points.

Not sure what your point is re Big Joke.

I think that what is being said is that BJ was treated simillarly to Yingluck in that he was also removed from his post presumably for "abuse of power" (But in his case I think he stepped on someone's toes as well!)

7 hours ago, donnacha said:

They got removed in a coup. Thai soldiers used guns, paid for by the Thai people, to remove a government against the overwhelming wishes of the Thai people.

Whatever the faults of Yingluck's cabinet, they were amateurs compared to the current mafia. Thailand would be in a far better place today if the will of the people had been respected.

Literally ....' Democracy is a very poor form of government, however all the others are so much worse'....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

They're all getting a bit jumpy now, April's on it's way and That's Thai fighting season. They closed the country down last year as they all knew what was on the way, and now looking at the reaction of the people in Burma against the military they're scared that it's contagious....... It is...... worse than C19......   I reckon this year's going to be curtains for a few military governments around the world...... They're outdated and the people are sick of them........ 

Have a look at this and tell me if this sounds all too familiar, especially the seats in Government....... Sad days coming........

What’s happening in Myanmar? The coup, protests and history | ABC News - YouTube

23 hours ago, scorecard said:

Not really the point in regard to yingluck, she and her gang of thieves got removed because they where so corrupt. Quick example her trade minister and his deputy both got jail for several decades for their fake international rice sales scams. 

You still believe her removal was about corruption after all that has happened since? 

This mob are ten times worse and completely unaccountable.