Girl I married wants car and house money

Nees Shah

1 minute ago, roo860 said:

If the condo was bought after marriage can't she claim 50% ?

He will have the time to sort out all this mess with a lawyer

when he will be back in Thailand.

For now his priority is to stop to send money to the girl

and to cut all the ways possible for her to contact him. 

As long as she will be able to talk to him, he will be in trouble

he is far stuck in sad and cold UK and still in love with her and Thailand

so she has all the cards in her hand at the moment as long as she can contact him

My wife of 6 years is a school teacher, well educated, and very good with money.

She has never asked me to buy a house , a condo or a car.

Being stuck away I can really only send her about 23,000 baht to support her and our daughter (due to having to stay in B and B), which she does quite comfortably with money left after rent, food, etc.

She'll budget, use stamps, pick a few baht up if she sees it. She's happy, be grew up poor and would be happy poor or rich.

In my mind this 'new' Thai lady is not the sort of person you should be with. Unfortunately I think you need get out now - but also you are about to lose half of everything your bought during the marriage - and that could mean a nice payoff for her.

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

7K a month wouldn't even cover my 7-11 tab.

7K per month is enough if you have your own house/condo without paying rental or bank loan.

Most Thai people live less than 10K per month because their average salary is around there.

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

My wife of 6 years is a school teacher, well educated, and very good with money.

She has never asked me to buy a house , a condo or a car.

Being stuck away I can really only send her about 23,000 baht to support her and our daughter (due to having to stay in B and B), which she does quite comfortably with money left after rent, food, etc.

She'll budget, use stamps, pick a few baht up if she sees it. She's happy, be grew up poor and would be happy poor or rich.

In my mind this 'new' Thai lady is not the sort of person you should be with. Unfortunately I think you need get out now - but also you are about to lose half of everything your bought during the marriage - and that could mean a nice payoff for her.

I tried to be a good husband sir but clearly I went wrong somewhere. As a husband, I wanted to support her financially as I didn’t want her working in massage shop. I rather she is at home than slaving away.  She is young at 35, so yeah possible she is one of the new Thai lady type. Apart from the money issue, we don’t have any other marital problems. I just wish I had more money to give . 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Nees Shah said:

I tried to be a good husband sir but clearly I went wrong somewhere. As a husband, I wanted to support her financially as I didn’t want her working in massage shop. I rather she is at home than slaving away.  She is young at 35, so yeah possible she is one of the new Thai lady type. Apart from the money issue, we don’t have any other marital problems. I just wish I had more money to give . 

You went wrong as soon as you picked your wife in one of the happy ending massages in Pattaya

i don't say they are 100% bad wife material, but most of the ''working girls'' in Pattaya have a bunch

of problems (Financials debts. multiple child, broken family often with physical abuses, mental illness, alcool or other drugs addictions and so on)

She is young at 35 if you are yourself in your 60-70

in Thailand a 35 year old girl is out of date since at least 5-10 years for any decent Thai man

''Apart from the money issue, we don't have any other marital problems''

You are kidding right? I remember you she is actually involved in an extortion attempt against

you using a blackmail with the threat to burn your condo deed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

You went wrong as soon as you picked your wife in one of the happy ending massages in Pattaya

i don't say they are 100% bad wife material, but most of the ''working girls'' in Pattaya have a bunch

of problems (Financials debts. multiple child, broken family often with physical abuses, mental illness, alcool or other drugs addictions and so on)

She is young at 35 if you are yourself in your 60-70

in Thailand a 35 year old girl is out of date since at least 5-10 years for any decent Thai man

''Apart from the money issue, we don't have any other marital problems''

You are kidding right? I remember you she is actually involved in an extortion attempt against

you using a blackmail with the threat to burn your condo deed 

I guess coming from a western society, we look world in a different naive way. So my wife previously had a failed marriage and she has never once asked for a penny for her daughter who lives with the husband in Korat. I am 55 years old and yes she is 35 (looks very nice for her age). She has tendency to see red when we have an argument. I believe most Thai girls have a problem with emotional stability. Yes, you are right. She has threatened to burn the condo deeds if I don't fork out. I am just finding it hard to let go of her because I have invested so much in her and I am scared to cut losses and being alone again.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nees Shah said:

I guess coming from a western society, we look world in a different naive way. So my wife previously had a failed marriage and she has never once asked for a penny for her daughter who lives with the husband in Korat. I am 55 years old and yes she is 35 (looks very nice for her age). She has tendency to see red when we have an argument. I believe most Thai girls have a problem with emotional stability. Yes, you are right. She has threatened to burn the condo deeds if I don't fork out. I am just finding it hard to let go of her because I have invested so much in her and I am scared to cut losses and being alone again.  

She is worried that I will leave her for some beautiful young lady and that she wants 3 million bhat for her security.  I can see the world from her pt of view as possibly she is getting old but how can I support her every month at 40k and then bring back to her 3million. I have already re-mortgaged my house in UK to buy a condo (in my name only) so that she can live in their rent free and do not have to work at all. What more I can do as a husband?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nees Shah said:

I am just finding it hard to let go of her because I have invested so much in her and I am scared to cut losses and being alone again.  

Whatever the money you throw in Thailand it's never an ''investissment''

it's ''lost'' money. An investisment is supposed to give you a return on it.

What sort of return do you expect? Some affection? Sex? The illusion to be

important for someone? Do you know the ''syndrom of the white knight''?

The famous foreign guy in his shiny armor of moral and principes coming here

to ''save and rescue'' with his money a poor thai girl working as a sex slave in a bar or a massage ?

Google it, read all about it and thank me later

6 minutes ago, Nees Shah said:

She is worried that I will leave her for some beautiful young lady and that she wants 3 million bhat for her security.  I can see the world from her pt of view as possibly she is getting old but how can I support her every month at 40k and then bring back to her 3million. I have already re-mortgaged my house in UK to buy a condo (in my name only) so that she can live in their rent free and do not have to work at all. What more I can do as a husband?

She is in your condo so she doesn't pay a rent, and she doesn't send money to her daughter

do you know what she is doing with 40k baths monthly? it's totaly insane, I mean most of the Thais live with a monthly income of 10k-15k. Very few people in Thailand earn 40k a month, it's basicaly the salary

of a bank agency manager 

6 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Don't blame yourself

i am sure a lot of us have done already 

a lot of stupid things in the name of love

The good point is the condo is in your name

the bad point is a girl (Pretending to be your wife) is inside

and try to use it to pressure you. 

My advice, as you are far at the moment and you can't do anything

against her is to cut all the way she could use to contact you, phone, facebook

line and so on, cut or change all of it, Act exactly as if you was dead.

Don't worry for your condo, she is not going to burn it, she is probably stupid

but she doesn't want to end in jail.

When you will be back in Thailand, your priority will be to divorce with her

good luck anyway

Er - they are not married, divorce does not come into it.

9 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

He will have the time to sort out all this mess with a lawyer

when he will be back in Thailand.

For now his priority is to stop to send money to the girl

and to cut all the ways possible for her to contact him. 

As long as she will be able to talk to him, he will be in trouble

he is far stuck in sad and cold UK and still in love with her and Thailand

so she has all the cards in her hand at the moment as long as she can contact him

She doesn't have all the cards in her hand, and doesn't even have the thing that started this supposed nonsense, if she did there would be trouble ahead. 

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

First you say you are not married in the OP, then you are asking what can I do as a husband. Which is it?

Don't get too concerned, it looks like, sounds like and smells like BS

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Er - they are not married, divorce does not come into it.

From the OP first post

''Hi folks, I don’t know how to say this but it straight out of Dear Deidre Column for folks who are familiar. i married a Thai girl last year, she is really kind and lovely. Before I met her, she was doing massage....''

6 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

From the OP first post

''Hi folks, I don’t know how to say this but it straight out of Dear Deidre Column for folks who are familiar. i married a Thai girl last year, she is really kind and lovely. Before I met her, she was doing massage....''

Was it am Amphur marriage or a village ceremony.  Makes a big difference.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nees Shah said:

She is worried that I will leave her for some beautiful young lady and that she wants 3 million bhat for her security.

Maybe give 1 million THB to a young and beautiful lady. Basically you saved 2 million and you will have a young and beautiful girlfriend. Why would you give 3 million to an old women who gives you headache everyday?

awesome-asian-asses-31.thumb.jpg.b034980c3bf6ee4d6c2577e62ca12303.jpg

• Like 2