Where are the Experts?

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not sure if it is the dollar to the GDP that's making the pound rise, but then the USD is also gaining on the THB

1.00 US Dollar = 30.939877 Thai Baht

While the conversion to GDP from USD is this as of right now

1.00 US Dollar = 0.71906448 British Pounds

Same for euro with baht : same level that in january , every day better ; hope it's not finished

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 9:58 AM, Kwasaki said:

The doom & gloom mob are still having a go at my buddy Boris on other threads. 

Just keep in mind what the Thai baht to the "G"BP was when the unelected so called PM bullied his way into power in 2014. you were getting at the very least 7 Baht more to the "G"BP then than you are now, so that would tell you that this "government" is very much responsible for this. I am no expert on financial things, but it is obvious the very rich, ie the unelected "PM" is gaining  from a strong Baht.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Just keep in mind what the Thai baht to the "G"BP was when the unelected so called PM bullied his way into power in 2014. you were getting at the very least 7 Baht more to the "G"BP then than you are now, so that would tell you that this "government" is very much responsible for this. I am no expert on financial things, but it is obvious the very rich, ie the unelected "PM" is gaining  from a strong Baht.

Well it is what it is and there's nowt anyone here can do about it. 

Many years ago the baht was very high against currencies according to many who been here longer than me. 

• Like 1

It is the Baht that is drifting lower against all other currencies. Foreign 'hot' money is no flowing in so fast now because of concerns about Government debt.

Of course, the Thai Government needs the Baht to stay high so they can keep paying off this debt. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah keep it up and join the negative gloom & doom baiters brigade by all means.

didn't know that telling the truth was a negative thing

Edited by Mavideol

There are precious few people who are almost always correct about market movements. Even the top hedge fund managers rely a great deal on luck or have the discipline to accept defeat and close out a losing position. Soros is as good as there ever was. Paul Tudor Jones had about two decades of excellence that saw his net worth grow from about $1 million to $5 billion. Steve Cohen and Ray Dalio, DE Shaw and Bruce Kovner had their day, too.

On the other hand, there actually are some people who are consistently, in fact almost always, dead wrong. When I worked as a HF manager, I identified two people so 'gifted', one of whom was an analyst for Goldman Sachs. I know it was the analyst's actual views, and not merely a GS scheme to create a side of the market so they could unload their proprietary positions. Whenever I was putting on a major position, I would always first check that analyst's view. If my side was opposite to the analyst, I felt pretty darn confident. Of course that analyst laughed all the way to the bank, making partner and getting paid $5 million per year. Heck of an industry, where abject failure is grossly rewarded.

One truly 'gifted' major public figure is the economist (sic) Larry Kudlow, once of Bear Stearns, then a talking head on CNBC, then the Senior Economic Adviser to POTUS 45. Not once in more than 20 years of following Kudlow have I seen him get a single market move correct. He is the perfect fade.

21 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I have a go at him everyday!

When he was Mayor of London he wasted £53 million on his fantasy 'Garden Bridge' that never got built. He's continued his outrageous wasting of taxpayers money since he's been PM - £37 billion on the miserable failure - Track & Trace and £21 million in commission to a 'middleman' for the procurement of PPE, to name just 2.

Problem for you is that Boris is a winner, and people like him for all his faults. Two times elected mayor of Labour London, winning leadership of the Tory party, winning an 80 seat majority in the general election, and surviving a covid near death experience inter-alia. Garden bridge was an excellent idea, as was his plan for the London airport extension. If he wants it he will easily win the next general election. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well it is what it is and there's nowt anyone here can do about it. 

Many years ago the baht was very high against currencies according to many who been here longer than me. 

Yes but Bozo is directly responsible for the drop from 51 to as low as 36 or 29pc devaluation at one point so back up to 43 is still an 18pc devaluation. I have no intention of thanking him or the morons that voted him in or indeed who now work with him for a slight improvement 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Yes but Bozo is directly responsible for the drop from 51 to as low as 36 or 29pc devaluation at one point so back up to 43 is still an 18pc devaluation. I have no intention of thanking him or the morons that voted him in or indeed who now work with him for a slight improvement 

Wrong on all points. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah keep it up and join the negative gloom & doom baiters brigade by all means.

I'm not being negative at all. I was simply stating the truth about our 'glorious leader'. Yet another hideous expense announced this week £2.6 million to create a 'briefing room' inside No.10. He just goes on and on spending taxpayer's money but when worthy causes ask him to provide more cash, there is none.  Not that I think the opposition would be much better if they were in power - pigs all feed from the same trough, the trough we fill for them.

If you take a look at the costs of Johnson's failed 'Garden Bridge', you will see that £400,000 was spent on a Gala Dinner - did you get an invite? No, but you can bet your life Johnson's cronies did. Gala Dinner as part of the preliminaries for a bridge project???

The stupid thing is, we vote our politicians in and most voters don't really have a clue what the government they voted for does with their money.  Do you think the public would have voted to allow Johnson to spend £53 million on the vialbility/design of a bridge if the'd had the chance? Of course they woudn't - not negative at all, simply truthful.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47228698

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chilly07 said:

You carry on with your ignorant defamation of my buddy Boris he had no control over the money markets.

Why don't you go Euro or Oz dollar or US dollar and get you exchange. 

17 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I'm not being negative at all. I was simply stating the truth about our 'glorious leader'. Yet another hideous expense announced this week £2.6 million to create a 'briefing room' inside No.10. He just goes on and on spending taxpayer's money but when worthy causes ask him to provide more cash, there is none.  Not that I think the opposition would be much better if they were in power - pigs all feed from the same trough, the trough we fill for them.

If you take a look at the costs of Johnson's failed 'Garden Bridge', you will see that £400,000 was spent on a Gala Dinner - did you get an invite? No, but you can bet your life Johnson's cronies did. Gala Dinner as part of the preliminaries for a bridge project???

The stupid thing is, we vote our politicians in and most voters don't really have a clue what the government they voted for does with their money.  Do you think the public would have voted to allow Johnson to spend £53 million on the vialbility/design of a bridge if the'd had the chance? Of course they woudn't - not negative at all, simply truthful.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47228698

I don't vote,  what politician do you want Treasa May.

I refer to my previous post in which I have answered other questions already.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't vote,  what politician do you want Treasa May.

You may not have voted for him but you keep referring to him as your buddy.

Not sure if I want any of them - as I said previously, pigs feed from the same trough.

No control over the money markets? Johnson's relevance in discussing exchange rates is that he was one of the major proponents of Brexit which was responsible for the £'s catastrophic fall, virtually overnight when the referrendum results became clear.  I say that purely as a matter of fact - not in any way to open up a further Brexit debate.

I do think though, that Johnson is abusing his office by spending outrageous amounts and he should be reigned in on that as a matter of urgency.  Its not his money he is spending, it the British taxpayer's.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

You may not have voted for him but you keep referring to him as your buddy.

Not sure if I want any of them - as I said previously, pigs feed from the same trough.

No control over the money markets? Johnson's relevance in discussing exchange rates is that he was one of the major proponents of Brexit which was responsible for the £'s catastrophic fall, virtually overnight when the referrendum results became clear.  I say that purely as a matter of fact - not in any way to open up a further Brexit debate.

I do think though, that Johnson is abusing his office by spending outrageous amounts and he should be reigned in on that as a matter of urgency.  Its not his money he is spending, it the British taxpayer's.

Why don't you go Euro or Oz dollar or US dollar and get you exchange much better rates.

• Confused 1

On 3/19/2021 at 1:16 PM, Kwasaki said:

Why don't you go Euro or Oz dollar or US dollar and get you exchange much better rates.

To death to us part and all that stuff, I don't know any other way, without that, life don't mean much.

Your bar girls resistance is futile you will be assimilated go to ATM immediately, woosah.

Have you been smoking something?

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

Have you been smoking something?

Are you open to the both sides of the story or just another baiter here on TV like many others.

The pound baht exchange is better and not 25 to £.   like plonkers like you probably predicted after brexit. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

The pound baht exchange is better and not 25 to £.   like plonkers like you probably predicted after brexit. 

Now I know you've been smoking something.  That is my point exactly - read me OP.