Thai PM asked to rescind appointments of 2 people over allegedly shady backgrounds

snoop1130

Some would say the PM has a shady background, being a leader of a coup... some would say that someone who was convicted of a drugs offence in a foreign country had a shady background. Some would say someone who collects and shows off watches that he got under dubious circumstances has a shady background... Some would say. I'm not saying that at all, but some would say...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

A little early......should have saved this article for the 1st April

But aren't April fools joke supposed to be a joke whereas Thai politics and politicians are a long way from being funny - - funny is funny, stupid isn't. 

• Haha 1

It‘s showtime again, let me get the popcorn. The kettle calling the pot black. And no, it was not a ton of heroin; those Australian morons mistook simple household baking flour for heroin and our poor politician had to serve four years in an Aussie slammer over baking flour. 

He actually can do what he wants; he sits on the little decisive number of MPs which can tilt the government out of a hair thin majority and the big wigs have to follow him whatever he wants, says and/or does. 

On 3/20/2021 at 1:01 AM, 2530Ubon said:

Oh my. Only in Thailand could this happen.

Capt Flour still has to await the constitutional courts ruling on his eligibility as a minister due to his misadventures down-under. People in glass houses shouldn't be throwing rocks around...

Why am I surmising that his request to remove the 2 appointees has some personal angle?  

We need to see this from the viewpoint of the person making the complaint.  If you're a convicted drug dealer awaiting confirmation of your appointment, and you raise an issue about two other appointments of ineligible people, and the Government does nothing about those appointments - then you've made your point.

So nothing to see here, move along.