Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

10 hours ago, DrJoy said:

Its written in the Nationality act that "the candidate must have an occupation"

So it depends on how the officer of the day interprets it.

My friend who naturalized in 2020 was asked for WP at his District Office (Bangrak) before they could issue his ID card.

So nothing is set in stone.

If you, by any chance loose your WP/retire, I would suggest not to mention of it, when asked for.

That's interesting, thank you. As always, Thai bureaucracy moves in mysterious ways...

On 6/23/2024 at 3:56 PM, GarryP said:

The National Health Security Office website provides all the information you will need about this scheme and avenues to register. But you'll need to use the Thai language version as the English version is very limited in the information it provides. (https://www.nhso.go.th/home)

When I check my ID on that NHSO website, I get the following - it lists my rights as:

ข้อมูลสิทธิ
สิทธิที่เข้ารับบริการ :
บุคคลต่างด้าว

It lists me as a permanent resident (dang dao), rather than a citizen. Do other naturalised Thai get this?

43 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

When I check my ID on that NHSO website, I get the following - it lists my rights as:

ข้อมูลสิทธิ
สิทธิที่เข้ารับบริการ :
บุคคลต่างด้าว

It lists me as a permanent resident (dang dao), rather than a citizen. Do other naturalised Thai get this?

I just checked mine, and I am listed as below, but then I only retired a few days ago and haven't reported that to the Social Security Office yet, and in any case I will be covered for a further 6 months, before switching over to the 30 Baht scheme. It is strange though that you are still listed as an alien. You may need to update your information, but not sure how you would go about that.

สิทธิประกันสุขภาพทั้งหมดของท่าน :สิทธิประกันสังคม

สิทธิที่เข้ารับบริการ :สิทธิเบิกกองทุนประกันสังคม (ผู้ประกันตน)

30 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I just checked mine, and I am listed as below, but then I only retired a few days ago and haven't reported that to the Social Security Office yet, and in any case I will be covered for a further 6 months, before switching over to the 30 Baht scheme. It is strange though that you are still listed as an alien. You may need to update your information, but not sure how you would go about that.

สิทธิประกันสุขภาพทั้งหมดของท่าน :สิทธิประกันสังคม

สิทธิที่เข้ารับบริการ :สิทธิเบิกกองทุนประกันสังคม (ผู้ประกันตน)

Interesting... I got my citizenship in 2007, so you'd think they'd have updated it by now. I wonder how on earth I'd get it fixed?

Any other naturalised here also having the same problem?

On 7/1/2024 at 1:10 AM, lomtalay said:

Congratulations!

Can I please ask when was the last time in the process that you needed to show your work permit? I'm hoping to retire in a couple of years... Thanks!

You need to maintain it until you get the Citizenship document from SB and register for your ID card. They were very specific on that

Edited by Marcati
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/1/2024 at 1:35 AM, DrJoy said:

What was the basis of your application, marriage or PR?

Marriage

On 7/2/2024 at 6:43 PM, lomtalay said:

Yes, good point. I hadn't thought of that.

The more information we get from emerging successful candidates from now on, the more we might learn. 

When I went to the District Office in Chatuchak for my ID card registration they wanted all the details of my employment.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, onthemoon said:

Me too, but I applied on grounds of business. So, the marriage track seems to be faster.

Yes. My friend in MOI told me that married to Thai applicants move quicker in the que whereas PR basis ones move slower.

I have no idea this is true or not, so please don't quote me on this.