Phuket foreigners told to be COVID ‘socially responsible’ or face expulsion

webfact

4 hours ago, smedly said:

Reading various reports the vast majority of detected spread in Phuket and around the country is by Thai people 

Didn't they say something similar about Thai people a day or 2 ago? Do as we say or face a fine. 

Now they do it with foreigners. Calm down. Next time they'll say the news in Thai and you'll complain why they didnt translate it for foreigners. 

By the way... The vast majority of detected spread is by Thais in Thailand, because... You know... this is.... Well.... Thailand. 

With what you say, you behave as if foreigners can't spread this at all. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Looks like we have reached something of a turning point here.

I'm reminded of the videos coming out of China last year where the African were evicted from their apartments due to their COVID spreading risk.

Once evicted they couldn't rent a hotel or other apartments because everyone knew that they were the ones spreading COVID so they became homeless.

Edited by ukrules
  • Thanks 2

One only has to conform to easy measures: mask-wearing, reasonable behaviour that involves not frequenting places when they are out of bounds.

Nobody should feel they will be severely punished in any way unless they are seen to be ignoring the rules. Nobody likes the rules, and who knows how long they will last, but for everyone, including all those trying to manage this crisis, we have to manage ourselves as individuals

Whether we agree with Officialdom or not, foreigners are not in a very strong position to rebel against it!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Some of you should read the article, not between the lines.

Nowhere did it blame  us for the virus spread.

What it is saying is that when you buy your 10th beer of the day from 7/11, the rules 

still apply.

And yes, if you act like a yahoo & disregard any form of discipline  thinking that you are are above the law, just remember we can arrange for your departure 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The meeting was for/with FOREIGN consuls and representatives on the island so of course the Thai officials would remind them to pass along the word to their nationals and other constituents. Did you happen to read that the THAI Prime Minister was fined for not wearing a mask in public? It has nothing to do with targeting any particular group of people...it's to get everyone on the same page. Even after over 20 years, I don't understand the reflexive defensiveness of so many T-V members. If you hate Thailand...leave!

First off, PM’s fine was a publicity stunt and the 6,000 baht fine was probably paid out of the public trough. Secondly, it is patently obvious that the government has badly mishandled procurement and dissemination of vaccines. Enough said.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Does that include the two in the photo? Or doesn't staying two metres apart matter if you're wearing an invincibility face mask?

What about locals - with they be exiled to Xinjiang or North Korea?

Or back to Nepal

Most shops in Patong are run by Nepalese.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Tourist area = foreigners are cash cows to be milked. Nothing more. Same as Pattaya. Hate those places. 

So do I.

I have witnessed first hand on numerous occasions how these evil touts treat tourists in the so called hotspots.

I hope they never return.

Better off in Spain.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The meeting was for/with FOREIGN consuls and representatives on the island so of course the Thai officials would remind them to pass along the word to their nationals and other constituents. Did you happen to read that the THAI Prime Minister was fined for not wearing a mask in public? It has nothing to do with targeting any particular group of people...it's to get everyone on the same page. Even after over 20 years, I don't understand the reflexive defensiveness of so many T-V members. If you hate Thailand...leave!

A lot of them can't afford to live in their own country.

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

In other breaking news the Russian vaccine that the Thai government has ordered they are not allowing to use it in Brazil due to the fact of lack of data lack of transparency I was a vaccine therefore Brazil will not use the Russian vaccine the Thai government thinks it’s a great deal so why not Get it TIT

Beggars aren't choosers, da?

6 hours ago, WineOh said:

Phuket.

They really do love foreigners there, dont they ???? 

maybe they are not familiar with the old saying, here are some to refresh their "lost" mind   555

In business you learn quickly not to bite the hand that feeds, because benefactors can just as quickly crush your financial future

Do not scorn or treat ill those whom one depends on or derives benefit from, for to do so is to risk losing those benefits altogether.

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

In business you learn quickly not to bite the hand that feeds, because benefactors can just as quickly crush your financial future

Sadly, a lesson that never seems learned here.

Maybe this time will be different.

Will report back in a decade or so.....

53 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

First off, PM’s fine was a publicity stunt and the 6,000 baht fine was probably paid out of the public trough. Secondly, it is patently obvious that the government has badly mishandled procurement and dissemination of vaccines. Enough said.

Anyone who cant see through that ....forget about the rose tinted specs,theres just no hope for them.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

I do not wear one when riding bike, but i have a helmet, All thai i see wearing a mask but no helmets, i guess getting covid is more likely when riding alone than losing your head, so at least when head is found few meters away from the body, its safe to touch it because its wearing a mask.

I realize how sick it sounds, but at the same time, this is how stupid some rules are

I tried wearing a helmet over my face to prevent the spread of covid while tiding a bike, but I kept  crushing into things. 

6 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

PHUKET: Foreigners in Phuket caught ignoring COVID prevention measures and acting in a manner deemed to be not “socially responsible” will face legal penalties and may even face being kicked out of the country. 

One doesn't have to Hate Thailand to see that is a Foreigners attack.

What are they doing to the Thais ? let them THB 6000 and a Way and All is Well ? 

If the Just Fine the Thais than it  should be just Fine  the Foreigners Right .

They want  the tourists to Return One day? Keep up the Bullsh!t like this and they will see No tourists .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, digger70 said:

PHUKET: Foreigners in Phuket caught ignoring COVID prevention measures and acting in a manner deemed to be not “socially responsible” will face legal penalties and may even face being kicked out of the country. 

One doesn't have to Hate Thailand to see that is a Foreigners attack.

What are they doing to the Thais ? let them THB 6000 and a Way and All is Well ? 

If the Just Fine the Thais than it  should be just Fine  the Foreigners Right .

They want  the tourists to Return One day? Keep up the Bullsh!t like this and they will see No tourists .

500 bht for 2 thais ayutthaya

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I tried wearing a helmet over my face to prevent the spread of covid while tiding a bike, but I kept  crushing into things. 

That’s not your fault if things do not move out of your way

• Haha 1

Just now, phantom51red said:

500 bht for 2 thais ayutthaya

That was wrong .the cops can't  Fine the people .they have to go to court now and see how much they will have to pay . It should be THB 6000 first time after that it will go up.