Has Anutin become a pawn in Prayut’s COVID blame game?

snoop1130

000_1IT6XC.jpeg

Thailand’s Deputy Prime Minister and Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul (C) answers questions from the media at Government House before the swearing-in ceremony for the new Thai cabinet in Bangkok on July 16, 2019. (Photo by Lillian SUWANRUMPHA / AFP)

As Public Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul is being blamed for perceived failures in handling Thailand’s latest and worst wave of COVID-19, whose tide of infections and deaths has triggered partial lockdowns in red zones including Bangkok.

The latest outbreak saw Thailand hit a record high of 15 COVID-related deaths on two consecutive days, April 27 and 28, bringing total fatalities to 84 since April 1.

Meanwhile, public calls for Anutin’s resignation are being amplified by a power struggle among government coalition partners, observers say.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/has-anutin-become-a-pawn-in-prayuts-covid-blame-game/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-04-29

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mark131v said:

Big bag of bothered's!!

I don't care how he goes, don't care if he thinks it's fair or not the man (I use that term lightly!) is an incompetent bigoted fool and needs to go as do the rest of the idiots in charge and the sooner the better...

Yes  but  what about his  bad  point?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Yes  but  what about his  bad  point?

Are we allowed to say he is a complete and utter <deleted>? a cock, a complete and utter throbber, a knob, a complete card, a stain on the face of humanity? no? fair enough I don't like him... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Are we allowed to say he is a complete and utter <deleted>? a cock, a complete and utter throbber, a knob, a complete card, a stain on the face of humanity? no? fair enough I don't like him... 

Not  if  it shows  Thailand in a bad  light.

Interesting that he has his parachute insignia.

His "qualifications":

“People who don’t like [me] can demand what they want, but I can also mobilise friends to vote for me,” he said.

If he's a pawn, what does that make prayuth? And who is the opponent?

13 hours ago, YetAnother said:

he should take full blame; that is his job; he gets paid well to tell us lies and do nothing

He gets paid better with his Sino-Thai construction conglomerate who has been awarded the extension of Suvannaphum airport. Years too late and way over budget his company also got the new Parliament building and, many moons ago, the initial Suvannaphum airport. 

Apart from that he shoulder rubs with the nice uncle in Buriram on the hashish issue. Trust me, he will leave the political stage, once more again, untainted and whatever is thrown at him now (possibly quite rightly so) will not stick for long. Democracy is not a Thai thing and the boys with MP status know that perfectly well ........ 

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Meanwhile, public calls for Anutin’s resignation are being amplified by a power struggle among government coalition partners, observers say.

The coalition parties can rant as much as they want, Anutin is the head of the Bhumjaithai party and Prayut needs that to remain in his arsenal.

Anutin may get shuffled somewhere cosy but he won't be disappearing anytime soon.

4 hours ago, mark131v said:

I would already have gotten another 2 week TV holiday.

16 hours ago, mark131v said:

Big bag of bothered's!!

I don't care how he goes, don't care if he thinks it's fair or not the man (I use that term lightly!) is an incompetent bigoted fool and needs to go as do the rest of the idiots in charge and the sooner the better...

Dont forget though he has recently been put in 'charge' of the new extension at Swampy!! Guess who's family business built Swampy first...... yup his!!!????????????????

• Like 2

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

As Public Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul is being blamed for perceived failures in handling Thailand’s latest and worst wave of COVID-19, whose tide of infections and deaths has triggered partial lockdowns in red zones including Bangkok.

The Pandemic mismanagement buck stops in two places:
First, with the individual with the title of Health Minister.
Second, with whomever allowed the mass exodus of the Covid infected to travel across Thailand during Songkran.  Ultimately that buck stops at the top with the individual with the title of Prime Minister.
Of course, people who gravitate to such positions based on power and wealth never take responsibilities.  At the end of the day the public will be blamed and some bureaucrats will be transferred, and maybe a political enemy or two thrown into jail.  It's not only "This Is Thailand", but it pretty much works that way world-wide in these honorless days we now live in.
There is no honor among those who cleave to power.  "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac", as Henry Kissinger state.  He should know.
The powerful would sooner decimate their own populations then admit fault or step-down.  History is replete with examples. Globally.  This will be no different.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

All is fair in love, war and politics. Thai politics is an especially vicious snake pit, and I’m sure Prayuth won’t hesitate even one nano second to throw Anutin under the bus to save his own sorry skin. 

Prayuth bears most of the blame for this. Although he will not accept it. Taking responsibility is not his style. Had he reacted quickly back in December in Samut, we might not have a 3rd wave. Not several days after tens of thousands of super spreaders were allowed to travel all over the country, from Samut.

Yes, I believe this is all connected. The 2nd wave never really ended.

Prayuth and Anutin are both to blame. They are both stunningly ineffective, when it comes to anything resembling leadership or ethical behavior. 

Edited by spidermike007