Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Quite few anti-vaxxers and covid deniers have said that..........before dying from covid.

I have no issue with dying, we  all do sooner or later but it won't be some poxy China virus that gets me.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Not what I said at all.

well what do you mean  when you wrote ?

7 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Well I suffer both hypertension and severe white coat syndrome... whilst going from desk to desk in the process that was setup here at work for mass testing  my anxiety levels were incresing ten fold.

when I got to the blood pressure station my reading came back 190/120.

Next station was the test, as the nurse approached my nose with the swab I started my vision started floating and I was seeing black spots.

I stopped the testing there and got up and walked away.

The swab test was nothing to do with the vaccination or what ????   sorry for my confusion

OK I have maybe a stupid question but I don't care

Suppose there was a lockdown where medical appointments were allowed but  interprovincial travel was banned but still allowed if it was for medical. 

So you could prove your reason when screened.

But what about a taxi driver?

They don’t have a medical appointment. Would taking you be allowed?

19 minutes ago, johng said:

well what do you mean  when you wrote ?

The swab test was nothing to do with the vaccination or what ????   sorry for my confusion

The swab test incident was a few weeks ago.

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I consider your rhetoric to be racially charged. Can't you just say you don’t want a Chinese vaccine?

Jungle juice has nothing at all to do with China, or any continent for that matter.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Uh huh. Sure thing.

Back when I was a teenager me and my friends did not have the money to buy alcohol to get drunk so we would steal a bit of booze from each of the bottles in the parental booze collections,  mix it all together and get drunk.

That was jungle juice.

Growing up and getting into the drag racing scene I used to play round with nitromethane... mixing various percentages with other fuels to "make a bigger bang".

That was jungle juice.

Do you see a theme happening here Mr Jingthing ?

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

According to today's CCSA they will probably announce their decision on an upcoming "lockdown" which they don’t want to call a lockdown.

If this goes into effect and my current prediction is that it probably will, expats in Pattaya seeking vaccines in Bangkok are going to have to decide if they will even try to register at Phyathai 2 Hospital in Bangkok on Monday in light of travel restrictions. 

As always these will be personal decisions based on what we know at the time.

Edited by Jingthing

In the event of an interprovincial travel ban, IF I had a vaccine appointment in BKK (& I do for my 2nd in Sept) I would do everything I legally could to make it.  It would be likely you would need to apply for a 'permission to travel' from the local authorities, citing vaccination & presumably supplying proof (I have my official appointment sheet from Pyathai). Of course if you were refused permission, that would make a trip unwise & I would then try to postpone my appointment with Pyathai.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

This current proposal if it comes into effect would likely explicitly ban INTERPROVINCIAL travel, so wouldn't that override medical appointments being allowed?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=365868911566045

The bts goes between provinces. 

I guess I will just assume this will be enforced just like everything else… sorta randomly. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I agree with you but unfortunately there are currently no similar opportunities in Pattaya. 

So even though going to Bangkok for jabs is a PITA and it will expose people to infection risks, if you secure a slot it is possible to do.

I have also considered the risk of a lockdown that may make it impossible to make it to appointments in Bangkok. Yes two jabs will be needed but I think one jab if it's AstraZeneca has some protective value. One jab of Sinovac doesn't really. 

As of today there are no announcements of inclusion of expats in public programs in Pattaya even if we could believe such announcements if there were.

Not for July.

Not for August.

Not for September. 

and so on.

This remains a really really bad situation for expats seeking vaccines in Pattaya. 

Yes but with Sinovac you will be fully vaccinated in 4 weeks time vs Astra Zeneca you will currently have to wait for 3 months till you get the second shot - there is word that they want to reduce that timeframe to 8 weeks though which would help but given the previous track record with empty promises and the likes and the much higher availability of Sinovac you might wanna consider it as an option. 

3 hours ago, VaccineHunter said:

even more so a reason to get vaccinated - and referring to a WHO approved vaccine as "china juice" and at the same time claiming there is not enough information around that vaccine that you can "research" when the only other option you have is to stay unvaccinated? Seems like you don't really take this as scientific as you make it out to be - as such all I can do here is to wish you good health and take care!

People should know that “even more so a reason to get vaccinated” is up to each person to decide. There is no right or wrong here. It is a choice, at this point, and whichever you choose should be respected by all… a goal we are falling well short of. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

This current proposal if it comes into effect would likely explicitly ban INTERPROVINCIAL travel, so wouldn't that override medical appointments being allowed?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=365868911566045

Read the first sentence in the linked story:   "...you may be told to #stayhome and only leave for essential reasons such as to buy food,, see a doctor or get vaccinated. ..."

And remember a lockdown is just conjecture at this point.  The CCSA has yet to finalize anything and has not even yet discussed it.  As with many things related to Covid, it is only speculation at this point.

The only reason it's even being discussed is because of the upcoming holiday weekend and the fear that Bangkok residents will flee the city for surrounding provinces with less current restrictions for drinking, etc..  So, if there is a lockdown it will probably only be a short lived one.

Edited by WaveHunter

I got an update from the British Embassy saying that you can register via the Principle Healthcare Group, https://register.princhealth.com/register.html

The pain-in-the-gluteus maximus website is only in Thai, but with my phone camera and Google translate I was able to fill the form in.

And that was it.

It's evidently supposed to send an OTP to your phone, but there's no button to press to say that you've finished the form so please send the OTP.

I checked the box at the bottom with the usual 'I agree to blah, blah, blah'.

Presumably this means their registrations are also now fully-booked too? Has anybody else tried it?

Apl.jpg.cb942b21eafc88a188315a9e19aeeead.jpg

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

According to today's CCSA they will probably announce their decision on an upcoming "lockdown" which they don’t want to call a lockdown.

If this goes into effect and my current prediction is that it probably will, expats in Pattaya seeking vaccines in Bangkok are going to have to decide if they will even try to register at Phyathai 2 Hospital in Bangkok on Monday in light of travel restrictions. 

As always these will be personal decisions based on what we know at the time.

There is no reason whatsoever to assume that travel restrictions will apply to those who have a medical appointment (including an appointment for vaccination.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sucit said:

People should know that “even more so a reason to get vaccinated” is up to each person to decide. There is no right or wrong here. It is a choice, at this point, and whichever you choose should be respected by all… a goal we are falling well short of. 

Yes but this choice comes with consequences for people around those refusing to get vaccinated that need to be highlighted. And since you appeal for respect and tolerance I wonder why you then at the same time assume that we all fall well short of respecting vaccination choices? Seems contradictory of your own touted values... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, VaccineHunter said:

Yes but this choice comes with consequences for people around those refusing to get vaccinated that need to be highlighted. And since you appeal for respect and tolerance I wonder why you then at the same time assume that we all fall well short of respecting vaccination choices? Seems contradictory of your own touted values... 

In a country where there's only enough vaccine for 5% of the population, the only consequences is other people will use it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Harry2 said:

In the event of an interprovincial travel ban, IF I had a vaccine appointment in BKK (& I do for my 2nd in Sept) I would do everything I legally could to make it.  It would be likely you would need to apply for a 'permission to travel' from the local authorities, citing vaccination & presumably supplying proof (I have my official appointment sheet from Pyathai). Of course if you were refused permission, that would make a trip unwise & I would then try to postpone my appointment with Pyathai.

My understanding is that they'll only be sending an SMS with appointment information. 

Also:

https://phyathai2international.com/

Please note that the appointment date cannot be changed and the right of the vaccine cannot be transferred to another person.

56 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Read the first sentence in the linked story:   "...you may be told to #stayhome and only leave for essential reasons such as to buy food,, see a doctor or get vaccinated. ..."

And remember a lockdown is just conjecture at this point.  The CCSA has yet to finalize anything and has not even yet discussed it.  As with many things related to Covid, it is only speculation at this point.

The only reason it's even being discussed is because of the upcoming holiday weekend and the fear that Bangkok residents will flee the city for surrounding provinces with less current restrictions for drinking, etc..  So, if there is a lockdown it will probably only be a short lived one.

I've heard two weeks. If they do this there will almost definitely be travel restrictions. 

48 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I agree.  Too many look at vaccinations as "personal" protection.  That is not the purpose of a vaccination.  The purpose is to protect the population as a whole, not merely the individual.

Every person that elects not to be vaccinated puts the entire population at risk, and considering the increased danger of the Delta variant that even puts vaccinated people at risk.

Those who think of vaccination only in personal terms are really being selfish and self-centered.

It's  both.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

There is no reason whatsoever to assume that travel restrictions will apply to those who have a medical appointment (including an appointment for vaccination.

I'm not assuming either way.

Again what about the taxi driver?

1 hour ago, VaccineHunter said:

Yes but with Sinovac you will be fully vaccinated in 4 weeks time vs Astra Zeneca you will currently have to wait for 3 months till you get the second shot - there is word that they want to reduce that timeframe to 8 weeks though which would help but given the previous track record with empty promises and the likes and the much higher availability of Sinovac you might wanna consider it as an option. 

Yes but there's something else.

I've read that if you do wait a long time between AstraZeneca doses, your level of protection is increased considerably. 

So if you don’t get infected during the wait, the wait is beneficial. 

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

There's taxi's available with a partition between driver and passenger(s) to prevent infection.

Yeah sure. Like every random Bolt driver has that.

That wasn't my question anyway!

My question was if you have an acceptable excuse for interprovincial travel during a ban, does the driver have one also because he's taking you?

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Yes but there's something else.

I've read that if you do wait a long time between AstraZeneca doses, your level of protection is increased considerably. 

So if you don’t get infected during the wait, the wait is beneficial. 

Yes I am aware of this recommendation to space it out further. There is a similar effect with Sinovac where 4  weeks between doses jacks up the efficacy quite substantially vs. the 2 weeks that were initally recommended and applied.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I agree with you but unfortunately there are currently no similar opportunities in Pattaya. 

So even though going to Bangkok for jabs is a PITA and it will expose people to infection risks, if you secure a slot it is possible to do.

I have also considered the risk of a lockdown that may make it impossible to make it to appointments in Bangkok. Yes two jabs will be needed but I think one jab if it's AstraZeneca has some protective value. One jab of Sinovac doesn't really. 

As of today there are no announcements of inclusion of expats in public programs in Pattaya even if we could believe such announcements if there were.

Not for July.

Not for August.

Not for September. 

and so on.

This remains a really really bad situation for expats seeking vaccines in Pattaya. 

I successfully registered for Sinopharm today using the QR code I posted earlier. Needs to be completed in Thai, if completed in English will be rejected. Will be in Pattaya, don't know when, presumably they will SMS me nearer the time but I've seen the registration confirmation

Screenshot_2021-06-28-12-45-01-881_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I successfully registered for Sinopharm today using the QR code I posted earlier. Needs to be completed in Thai, if completed in English will be rejected. Will be in Pattaya, don't know when, presumably they will SMS me nearer the time but I've seen the registration confirmation

Screenshot_2021-06-28-12-45-01-881_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Passport only?

I'm assuming not.  

That would be a bar most expats here can't meet.

Needing a Thai accepted ID number such as pink card.

Navigating a Thai only app.

But please let us know how it works out.

Going further here is my opinion. The local Sinopharm program is not intended to be used by expats. So maybe you found a way to slip in but who knows what they'll say when you show up?

Edited by Jingthing