COVID-19 infected Thai embassy staff repatriated from India on special RTAF flight

thai-embassy-india.jpg

Three Thai officials working at the Thai Embassy in New Delhi, India, who are infected with COVID-19, and another, who is considered as to be high risk, were flown into Bangkok on Saturday on a Royal Thai Air Force Airbus 320.

The RTAF special flight also delivered medical equipment and supplies, donated by Indian communities in Thailand, to the Indian Red Cross Society, said RTAF Commander-in-chief Air Chief Marshal Airbul Sutthiwan last night.

Air force and Disease Control Department medics were also on the flight with medical equipment, to provide care for the returning embassy officials and to make sure that the Indian variant of COVID-19 does not spread.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-19-infected-thai-embassy-staff-repatriated-from-india-on-special-rtaf-flight/

• Sad 1

The same aircraft (HS-TYT) flew the same route last Saturday, also repatriating some Thai VIPs.

Wonder if these folks are getting the 21-day Indian quarantine levels?

There were some rumors about chartered flights from India, this was debunked at one of the CCSA briefings last week.

And The Indian Variant, arrives in Thailand. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Air force and Disease Control Department medics were also on the flight with medical equipment, to provide care for the returning embassy officials and to make sure that the Indian variant of COVID-19 does not spread.

I sleep easier knowing the best and brightest are on the job. BTW a bang up job they did with the Thonglor Hi So variant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, starky said:

If only Australia would do something so noble for their citizens instead of threatening to imprison them if they try to return home.

Personally i think they have the right idea right now; but i'm not Australian, so can understand Australian's feelings about it.

3 hours ago, starky said:

Well using due precautions including isolation and full quarantine should be sufficient it's sufficient for everyone else right? 

We are only talking about 3 people. Despite other misgivings I may have about the present governments covid response. I think the willingness to repatriate their citizens from India in these times shows some willingness to protect their citizens that may not always be apparent. 

This gesture should be applauded not denigrated IMO.

we will see ......I think there is a difference between a more transmittable dangerous Covid mutation and a pneumonia or something. Thailand is not exactly the country at the moment that is working for their people to get protected.. They missed the bandwagon and are now far behind.. That is a a difference too with other countries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

So this very air plane, able to carry 160 passengers,

This is a VIP aircraft, and has been customized extensively for super special people. There may be a few economy seats (9 rows of 3 by 3) for servants, but capacity is a bit limited.

And they may have had some special protocols for the infected?

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

How stupid to import the highly dangerous Indian mutated Covid to Thialand?? Here with inferior vaccines, gthere will be sure more problems. IMO they can put all the  plans to open for tourists far away.. There are bad times to come it is not even started here

Yes, how stupid. How about fleets of plague ships anchored offshore and park them all there?

You guys talk absolute nonsense.

From November last year Thai had a repatriation flight every Sunday night from Bangkok to Sydney organized through the Australian Embassy, Any Aussie really wishing to return could have availed themselves of the flight. I organized for 3 guys (who are not very computer savee) to go back without any drama & Thai did a very good job of informing exactly what needed.

The problem is of course that unless you work here the Australian Govt will not let you come back at this time.

Incidently up until 2 months ago the same situation was in place from India to NZ & Australia.

But the people stranded now, most left it until Covid got really bad, or when it suited them not the circumstances

The Thai Government has a moral responsibility to bring their Embassy personnel

back, Good on them. They will do the quarantine like everybody else here but just

to leave them in India at this time would be disgraceful.

As to cost, a drop in the bucket, have a look at your home countries airforce flights all around the globe

9 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Even if you haven't got covid thousands of Aussies can't get back into Australia. 

Unless you are a foreign actor's brother, an Indian wanting to attend a wedding or a foreign tennis player you are stranded.

Meanwhile our happy clapping Prime Minister is at church singing along and making speeches about how Satan is using social media for "evil" and that God himself wanted Scooter to be PM.

And we are a trillion in debt.

God will save us, it will be a miracle!

Is it actually constitutionally legal to prevent an Australian citizen from entering Australia? or did they stop asking this question?

1 hour ago, rosst said:

Truly excellent to see the Government supporting its staff, I am certain there will be extra precautions taken by the medical team. 

This isn't supporting it's staff.  IT's evacuating them from a country where the health care system has collapsed.  

And this can easily happen in Thailand if they are not careful.  

There is no health care in India right now.  People are dying in the streets.  There are no beds.  If you get into an accident, covid or not you're not getting help.  

That is why we have lockdowns to control this, as we should all well know by now.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, starky said:

Well using due precautions including isolation and full quarantine should be sufficient it's sufficient for everyone else right? 

We are only talking about 3 people. Despite other misgivings I may have about the present governments covid response. I think the willingness to repatriate their citizens from India in these times shows some willingness to protect their citizens that may not always be apparent. 

This gesture should be applauded not denigrated IMO.

and besides, it's already in Malaysia. Coming to your neighborhood shortly I'm sure...