Thailand reopening roadmap goes ahead amid COVID-19 vaccine rollout

webfact

On 5/3/2021 at 9:50 AM, Swimfan said:

Have you not noticed they  have reinstated full quarantine even for vaccinated people. 
vaccinated people can still catch and pass on the virus. Though at probably much lower levels than the unvaccinated 

Well the risk is almost null although not zero. Just because doomsdayers like to repeat this nonsense doesn't make it any more relevant. If there is no faith in vaccines we might just give up, unless we want to live in a perpetual row of lockdowns and closures.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rabang said:

Well the risk is almost null although not zero. Just because doomsdayers like to repeat this nonsense doesn't make it any more relevant. If there is no faith in vaccines we might just give up, unless we want to live in a perpetual row of lockdowns and closures.

You are forgetting that there are people here who believe we should not worry about the virus, and just forget about it and move on.  That mean ignoring the whiners who get sick and die.

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You are forgetting that there are people here who believe we should not worry about the virus, and just forget about it and move on.  That mean ignoring the whiners who get sick and die.

I don't know what that has got to do with my reply or the message I quoted.

51 minutes ago, rabang said:

Many economies are booming already, expecting an economic growth of 5 or 6 percent for this year. Plus many people have been saving for a year. There is massive pent up demand for everything that has been prohibited for the past 14 months or so.

Can i have what you are on ? 
Maybe 5% growth after a 10% loss 

117792049_Screenshot2021-05-09at11_30_04.thumb.png.80ce47c19e69909f703becb87b548644.png

There will be and are winners and losers in the C-19 pandemic. Even though our business here in los is not in anyway related to tourism we are just keeping our heads above water. However what I believe rabang is alluding to is the number of 'winners' that have continued to have a steady income over the last 15 months.  I consider myself in that group and my spending on restaurants, live events (sport/cinema/concerts), travel and hotels, daily travel in my vehicle; have all been severely cut. That 'pot' is going to get burned as soon as the world starts to open up again.

I also concur with rabang's statement that (some) economies are booming. I have investments in worldwide funds and have averaged 40%+ return since March 2020 albeit as you mentioned after a loss from the January high.....however that was only a 17% drop.  

Footnote. Economic growth of a country (or decline) does not automatically filter through into the overall populace.

On 5/4/2021 at 2:55 AM, Rainville said:

I'm not sure what you're smoking but speaking as a 'somewhat young' people (33yo) from Switzerland, me and all my friends have lots of cash as the pandemic forced us to stay at home doing nothing but work. We've booked dirt cheap flight tickets to Vietnam/Thailand for October. We also booked hotels, the cheapest I've ever seen btw. 

So no.

• Plenty of people have extra money to spend. 
  • Flights are currently very cheap and easily refundable/modifiable (at least from Europe)
  • Hotel are dirt cheap as well, even for Oct/Dec. And you can cancel as far as 24h before arrival. 

When SE-Asia countries open to vaccinated tourists without quarantine, there will be a HUGE influx of tourists coming in. 

Only question is: which country will be the first to smell the golden opportunity. 

Absolutely agree with your analysis. Add to that the millions of old folk like me that have guaranteed incomes.  My  funds keep growing and I have less time on earth to spend it. That pots going to get wasted on all the good things in life.  PS . Enjoy your trip.