50% of survey respondents think eating pad krapao can help protect against COVID-19

webfact

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

garlic has proven antibacterial affects

It also ensure other people keep their distance...

I've increased my fresh oyster intake..  Best natural source of zinc there is... which helps the natural immune system.  Also Vitamin D.. from oily fish (sardines, mackerel, etc), and get out in the sun for an hour or so every day.

• Like 1

This has to be the biggest load of B@@@@@ks that I have heard spouted out of Thailand this Year so far.

What little credibility the " Suan Dusit Poll " ever had before has been well and truly stir fried with this Poll.

???? 

Meanwhile, back in many global locations that have superior educational facilities thousands rock on down to various local buildings and beg salvation from the unseen unknown creator often hysterically and gibberishly "speaking in tongues" etc led by a self appointed scammer !.

But those people are self assured they know better than poorly educated Thais ?

Really?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Says who?  You have a case study on that that has been peer reviewed.  You might as well just say that all fast food, or sugar filled foods, and those with certain spices do as you said.  Lets get real  here.  What makes people fat and impotent is called laziness and hormonal issues that can all be dealt with by taking care of oneself regardless of what one eats.

The documentary/movie "Super size Me" has interesting content. ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, covidiot said:

No, you have it backwards.

The western education has a lot to answer for with the hordes of college-educated folks who don't grasp that diet boosts the immune sytem and protects from illness.

Not these days, western education at least what I know of in the British curriculum has plenty of regular and well focused lesson plans on healthy eating, nutrition, diet, healthy living, what the food we eat does to you, how to boost your vitamin intake. This is also reflected in the school meals offered. Regular projects are had and it even forms part of the GSCE examinations..

If you've got a child at school now under the UK system and that includes those here in Thailand then this will be evident to you.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

One mans view and a made for television reality documentary.  No truth in reality shows as it is all about making money, and each persons body and metabolism responds differently.  Much like the Government here in Thailand who cares very little about the folks and helping them out.  Diabetes is rampant now and is a primary health issue that can make covid worse.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Yeah, I watched that last year. It was made in 2004. There's also a follow-up to it:

Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken!  (2017)

Both available in the 'usual places'.

During the time that McDonald's has been around both leprosy and smallpox have nearly been eradicated.  The correlation is obvious . . .

Just wait until someone figures out AIDS can be avoided by not eating quiche.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

People in Bangkok said they spent an average of 268.04 THB on food, where as people living elsewhere said they spent an average of 207.04THB

It's uncanny how mathematically precise the brains of nationals are. Yet the educational system is seen as flawed. Why is Thailand not THE hub of Asian accountancy?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

When asked about what have been their favourite disease to eat during the COVID-19 pandemic, respondents said:

pad krapao (32.23%)

tom yum (24.91%)

pad pak (21.60%)

Nam pik (17.60%)

Disease????

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

LOL, you've certainly got me there, when I noticed it was too late to edit, anyway looking forward to my pad krapao now to kill off that virus

How about the "greengrocer's apostrophe" in the word "Thais"? Perhaps you are forgiven on that one, about 50% of TV posters seem to think that the plural of Thai is Thai's. 

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Don't blame the Thai's blame the poor education system their brought up in.

Who's to say they're wrong? Have there been double blind studies?

Edited by Jingthing

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Who's to say they're wrong? Have there been double blind studies?

I guess not but then I'm just about to grab a cheese sandwich (vit D), maybe thats good at warding off covid as well, needs some studies first though.

6 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

You can only truly protect yourself against Covid-19 if you chew on buffalo dung (let it melt in your mouth slowly), smear your limbs (especially the hands!) with fish innards (any species will do), and stuff your ears and nostrils with "pak chee lao".

My reasoning? Well, if you believe that eating pad kraprao is going to ward off that virus, you're also going to believe the above.

I believe - - and so far, it has worked for me... living proof. 

6 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Wrong.

You can only truly protect yourself against Covid-19 if you chew on buffalo dung (let it melt in your mouth slowly), smear your limbs (especially the hands!) with fish innards (any species will do), and stuff your ears and nostrils with "pak chee lao".

That should certainly improve the social distancing aspect....

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not these days, western education at least what I know of in the British curriculum has plenty of regular and well focused lesson plans on healthy eating, nutrition, diet, healthy living, what the food we eat does to you, how to boost your vitamin intake. This is also reflected in the school meals offered. Regular projects are had and it even forms part of the GSCE examinations..

If you've got a child at school now under the UK system and that includes those here in Thailand then this will be evident to you.

And yet the Royal Society of Public Health states the UK has one of the highest childhood obesity levels in Europe

https://www.rsph.org.uk/static/uploaded/de21cde9-a77d-4ce6-bf9342c51f2beb08.pdf

8 minutes ago, mrfill said:

And yet the Royal Society of Public Health states the UK has one of the highest childhood obesity levels in Europe

https://www.rsph.org.uk/static/uploaded/de21cde9-a77d-4ce6-bf9342c51f2beb08.pdf

That was 6 years ago. Perhaps thats why its now in the national curriculum to address that, everything has to start somewhere right. Education is not done overnight

Edited by Bkk Brian

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That was 6 years ago. Perhaps thats why its now in the national curriculum to address that, everything has to start somewhere right. Education is not done overnight

This 2021 report suggests there has been little improvement

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn03336/

"9.9% of reception age children (age 4-5) are obese, with a further 13.1% overweight. At age 10-11 (year 6), 21.0% are obese and 14.1% overweight."

5 minutes ago, mrfill said:

This 2021 report suggests there has been little improvement

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn03336/

"9.9% of reception age children (age 4-5) are obese, with a further 13.1% overweight. At age 10-11 (year 6), 21.0% are obese and 14.1% overweight."

Re read my post, education has to start somewhere right, its not done overnight or would you rather they dropped it off all together from the curriculum?