DSI Sets up Center to Investigate Fake News

d8f060efcdfdc1ffd828174267abbbf8_small.jpg

By Woraprat Lerpaisal

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has set up a center to investigate fake news, which could hamper the government’s efforts in containing the Covid-19 pandemic.

DSI director-general Korawat Panprapakorn said the task force, which is in line with the policy of the Justice Minister, will also support the DSI in its investigations allowed under DSI law.

He said fake news has been spreading throughout the Covid-19 crisis, ranging from the promotion of herbs as a cure to drug recommendations by senior doctors.

Mr Korawat said the anti-fake news center will investigate attempts to spread false news to mislead the public about the Covid-19 situation with a focus on online platforms before submitting reports to the Justice Ministry and those up in the chain of command.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 2

Wait, I thought that Prawit had already set up an investigation unit for Fake news.  Why the need for competing fake news investigation teams.

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

Mr Korawat said the anti-fake news center will investigate attempts to spread false news to mislead the public about the Covid-19 situation with a focus on online platforms before submitting reports to the Justice Ministry and those up in the chain of command.

https://thediplomat.com/2019/07/fake-news-and-thailands-information-wars/

The Defense Ministry and armed forces have been told by Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister Prawit Wongsuwon to take legal action to curb the spread of so-called "fake news" and information online.

39 minutes ago, DLock said:

You can start with this article from the Nation. It is bunk. Any Google search, even on Astra Zenica's own site, will show that this information is inaccurate at best, downright dangerous at worst. Even both shots of AZ does not result in this level of immunity.

https://www.nationthailand.com/life/40000492 

Have to agree it's complete ballcox, not only that but NO vaccine gives you immunity, it hopefully prevents a severe infection & death.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

He said fake news has been spreading throughout the Covid-19 crisis, ranging from the promotion of herbs as a cure to drug recommendations by senior doctors.

And the governments claim to be in control??

I they are serious about fake news, I can suggest 3-4 things they can address.

1) there is such a thing as an international driving license.

2) you can extend a visa inside Thailand

3) you cannot travel or use a pink ID outside of the issuing province.

4) Young Thai girls find me attractive

• Haha 1

This will give them further power to shut down dissenting voices.

Meanwhile 'good people' that like to frequent high-end sex clubs in Thong Lor and have parties and gatherings won't have to explain their motives, movements or face any repercussions.

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wait, I thought that Prawit had already set up an investigation unit for Fake news.  Why the need for competing fake news investigation teams.

https://thediplomat.com/2019/07/fake-news-and-thailands-information-wars/

The Defense Ministry and armed forces have been told by Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister Prawit Wongsuwon to take legal action to curb the spread of so-called "fake news" and information online.

I think you will find that was fake news, although ultimately only time will tell.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 1:51 PM, webfact said:

The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has set up a center to investigate fake news

Fake News: Anything speech counter to the official narrative.