COVID Vaccine Tours May Be A Waste

snoop1130

It is said - in the Thai social media rumor mill - that those wealthy enough who already have a visa are chartering flights to the U.S., and opting for the J&J vaccine.

So if you need to ask the price, you probably can't afford it.

The current Thai regime reminds me of several of my former work colleagues. Many rose to the upper ranks of management. This was not based on skill but their ability to deflect blame and never be held accountable.

Edited by wasabi
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

If at 81 I can't get a vaccination here for the rest of this year, when I could get it in a couple of days in Oakland, then I have to start planning to leave. The main question would be, do I get rid of all my stuff, which isn't much, or leave some with friends and tell them that if I'm not back in 18 months they can sell it and keep the money. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fromas said:

Source, sir?

Exactly.  It is complete <deleted>:

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/vaccine-tourism-canadians-fly-south-shot-us-demand-falls-2021-05-05/

The Canadians used their hotel address in New York to qualify for the FREE shots.  If you are over age 16 and inside the U.S. It is pretty much a guarantee that you will get vaccinated, no matter your circumstances.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, connda said:

Hit a nerve didn't they? 

The Thai government is out hammering this.  Why?  It's bad optics and makes Thailand vaccination program look ineffective as well-to-do Thai start booking flights to other countries to obtain vaccinations that they can not obtain in their own county.
First because there are virtually no vaccines, and second, because the government's come out and stated that Thais will be given no choice of vaccine.  So, loss of face. 
But instead of changing their backward policies - they go full-court-press via media to discount the Thais who plan to travel to obtain vaccines. 

Yeppers.  They hit a nerve alright.

makes em look like a bunch of racists too,im sure the EU  UK  and USA are not gonna fall for this and the media even though itys PC will come into play exposing the farce that is the thai govt health campaign for vaccs

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 1:04 PM, internationalism said:

the very same ministry refused an offer from india ambassador in bkk for millions of free vax, because it was outside their expertise.

clear slap at indian diplomacy and clear politicising vax in thailand.

so within days the health minister has ordered chinese one for $21 per shot.

now he is teaching his citizens to be good and not stray from under military controll.

yes, many of those tourists will stay in the USA forever on green card or illegally 

India blocked export as they need it themselves 

16 hours ago, Trujillo said:

25169212_TotalvaccineThailandMay62021.thumb.jpg.504fbbb75962458e0efa5bb005e7d3b9.jpg

Source: Thai Department of Disease Control (see top of graph)

Looks much like the current government of Thailand chock a block full of zeroes. 

Alternatively could also be used as a chart for the number of expected hubs which will actually come to fruition anytime ever

Edited by starky