Thailand reports daily record of 9,635 new COVID-19 cases, including jail cluster

webfact

2 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

This is slipping away fast and little vax in sight.

Classic Doomsayer.

Next month, this poster can point to the inevitable 1,000 fatalities and claim that this was a catastrophe, even if the wave has receded by then. 

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Kaboom, there you have it.  The jails, well many of them have reported.  Lets hope they can get a handle on it.  It is not just inmates, everyone that works in or around the facilities are at risk.  Get the vaccinations rolling out. 2782 cases also not related to the prisons, so that number keeps on rolling.  Waiting to see that breakdown of where those cases are throughout Thailand, but of course at least half may be in Bangkok with the newly found clusters amongst construction workers camps.

Just a thought why don't they vaccinate the inmates and guards first? They may have to fill out plenty of forms but Hey time is on their side.

5 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

Proves that statistics given by the Thai government are not worth the paper they are written on. How many other cases of falsification and sweeping bad news under the carpet are there ? Temples and orphanages next ?

Or the army.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

Coming back to the old theme, how much random testing is been carried out on the other 50 million population apart from Bangkok? Those tambons in Issan, those who are riding out infections at home, elderly dying at home in villages with no confirmation or pneumonia. The people tested in Thailand is shamefully low. If it is down to resources the authorities should day so, sorry, we don't have the resources. Chonburi testing 1000-1500, in what size population?

Thailand isn't a developed country like the United Kingdom. You make mass testing sound like a simple thing that they could just click their fingers and start doing overnight. It took the UK many months and a lot of money to get their mass testing off the ground. As mass vaccination is due to start next month, would it really be a good use of Thailand's limited budget to invest in the infrastructure for mass testing now?

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Short memory. I wonder why?

Look at these daily update threads from a month ago.

You missed what your definition is of what constitutes a "doommonger" as "old people"?

My memories pretty good, infact never better.

So back to the claim you made, no evidence then in the last month?

The talk of exponential growth in charts was beaten to death because of its definition well before then. However I'll wait for your confirmation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DavisH said:

LOL, so go to sime up country village and do mass testing and you will find thousands of cases? You are insane. There is NO comparison between a crowded village and an issan village. Ask members in local villages here if they are seeing hundreds of cases of covid. 

Easy solution to this......test and you'll know the answer.....very very simple.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You missed what your definition is of what constitutes a "doommonger" as "old people"?

My memories pretty good, infact never better.

So back to the claim you made, no evidence then in the last month?

The talk of exponential growth in charts was beaten to death because of its definition well before then. However I'll wait for your confirmation.

What I wrote was a reply to someone who appeared to be suggesting that cases were now exponential. Feel free to go back and read the context if you feel that strongly about it.

Edited by edwardandtubs

Just now, edwardandtubs said:

What I wrote was a reply to someone who appeared to be suggesting that cases were now exponential.

They are in the prisons did you not notice, perhaps your age is catching up with you.

• Like 1

Just now, meltonpie said:

Johns Hopkins:

What does a high percent positive mean?

A high percent positive means that more testing should probably be done—and it suggests that it is not a good time to relax restrictions aimed at reducing coronavirus transmission. Because a high percentage of positive tests suggests high coronavirus infection rates (due to high transmission in the community), a high percent positive can indicate it may be a good time to add restrictions to slow the spread of disease.

How high is too high?

The higher the percent positive is, the more concerning it is. As a rule of thumb, however, one threshold for the percent positive being “too high” is 5%

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/covid-19-testing-understanding-the-percent-positive.html

I like that big bold text

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

Proves that statistics given by the Thai government are not worth the paper they are written on. How many other cases of falsification and sweeping bad news under the carpet are there ? Temples and orphanages next ?

What about Army Barracks......as well 

6 hours ago, DLock said:

But Thailand has done an amazing job...

But motorcycle deaths are much higher...

But Thailand is testing according to WHO recommendations...

But Thailand is doing great compared to the rest of the world...

But the virus has peaked and should go down in the next week...

But these cases are only in prisons and not worth worrying about...

Almost 10% increase in 1 day.

But...what's the next excuse?

It's just a slopped plateau! ????

Edited by candide

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Had well over a year now. They can afford subs can't they. Maybe have to spend some of that huge surplus they have to help the people. Help more than any sumarine will. You are mistaken if you think Thailand is poor it just has lots of poor people. 

And they have the most billionaires as well.  Far from a third world country.  Every country has its backwoods areas.  Even the US.  

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They are in the prisons did you not notice, perhaps your age is catching up with you.

I know they're in prisons. Where did I suggest otherwise? You clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You appear to be suffering from dementia.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, edwardandtubs said:

I know they're in prisons. Where did I suggest otherwise? You clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You appear to be suffering from dementia.

LOL

Well why were you refuting the fact there was exponential growth then?

Still waiting for your definition of what constitutes a doommonger as an  "old" person

• Haha 1