Mass vaccination of Thais and foreigners begins in five provinces next month

webfact

The Thai government has promised millions of doses of locally produced and imported Covid-19 vaccines before the end of the year.

The aim is to get a first dose into the arms of 70% of the people in Thailand by the end of September. 

So which is it?

• Haha 1

The aim is to get a first dose into the arms of 70% of the people in Thailand by the end of September. 

They hope to stimulate tourism in this way. 

The first jab will be available between June and September. The second from October to December, reported Daily News after a meeting via video conference chaired by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha at Government House yesterday.

As he stands there smiling.

He had his shot several months ago.

And not the Chinese one.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Friday we were told that a nationwide plan would unfold for the whole country including all none-nationals. 

Saturday we're told 5 province only.... then a few more with 55 on hold till god knows when.

Anutin's probably involved!

• Haha 1

Again, Again, Again, they bleat on what they are GOING to do.

1,2,3 & 4 on the list should have been vaccinated 3 months ago.

If Siam Bio Science come up with 6.3 million doses of locally produced vaccine  before the end of June I will apologize & applaud them. The aim from there would be to produce 300,000 a day until the end of the year.

Flying pigs are few & far between, but I had one

• Sad 1

I think they forgot to tell "the other provinces"; because, the locals have already been out taking names/signing people up for vaccination(s) in Sisaket. That includes farongs.  From what I could gather those vaccinations would be within the next 2 months.

1 hour ago, AnnieSeek said:

When did they secure Johnson and Johnson vaccine? Pretty exciting news if true - it's a one dose vaccine. 

I suspect that falls into one of the "by the end of the year" slots - and that is Thaispeak!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fleccer said:

40% of Thais will be an excellent result, and that they do not break the balls to those who don't want to be vaccinated

My household has 3 female thais.

All three said no to the vaccine.

That's a 100% refusal rate to be vaccinated.

Because the head man basically talked them out of it.

Myself.

I'm back in the UK getting my Pfizer shots.

Sometimes you have to give them some alone time to think about it...

Edited by dallen52

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

3 Those with underlying health conditions

4 Those aged 60+

5 People in risky jobs such as teacher, public transport drivers and advisors travelling abroad

6 Embassy staff members and their families

7 Thais in the universal healthcare scheme

8 Foreign nationals and migrant workers

So, if you are a foreigner with underlying health conditions, which is it, no. 3 or no. 8 ?

Or if you are a foreigner with underlying health problems and 60+ years of age, you can further complicate it by putting no 4  into the mix.

And I read somewhere that high blood pressure, and/or high cholesterol constitute underlying health problems - probably quite a high proportion of the over 60's fall into that category! (The first source I looked at says " 70% to 79% of men ages 55 and older are now classified as having hypertension" (American source)

26 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

My household has 3 female thais.

All three said no to the vaccine.

That's a 100% refusal rate to be vaccinated.

Because the head man basically talked them out of it.

Myself.

I'm back in the UK getting my Pfizer shots.

Sometimes you have to give them some alone time to think about it...

My Thai wife refusal the vaccination as well, like as at least 50% of her colleagues at work

22 minutes ago, sambum said:

Or if you are a foreigner with underlying health problems and 60+ years of age, you can further complicate it by putting no 4  into the mix.

And I read somewhere that high blood pressure, and/or high cholesterol constitute underlying health problems - probably quite a high proportion of the over 60's fall into that category! (The first source I looked at says " 70% to 79% of men ages 55 and older are now classified as having hypertension" (American source)

Australian requirement on high blood pressure was that you had to be on 2 medications for it.

5 minutes ago, fleccer said:

My Thai wife refusal the vaccination as well, like as at least 50% of her colleagues at work

Australia and Thailand have shown themselves to have a lot in common on vaccinations - slow rollout (though Australia is well ahead now) and many people refusing the vaccine (1 in 3 in Australia say they will not get it). Stupid people.

8 minutes ago, Spock said:

Australia and Thailand have shown themselves to have a lot in common on vaccinations - slow rollout (though Australia is well ahead now) and many people refusing the vaccine (1 in 3 in Australia say they will not get it). Stupid people.

Stupid people? And who are you to judge? People are afraid and do not trust, do you wanna to understand it or not?

If you’re skeptical about all this then make sure you look after yourself and don’t put yourself in danger of getting the virus and when nothing happens you can say ‘told you so’. Personally I’ve more confidence in what the CCSA spokesman says each day than any “speculation”  I read here and elsewhere. If my confidence is rewarded then we’ll all be happy - well most anyway 

It is quite illogical to place migrant workers and foreigners at number 8, specially for foreigners, we are the ones moving around the most and spending in various places the most too. Racists.

Most Thais never even seen more than 2 provinces of the country, neither do they contribute, why rush with them. Specially if they are not a risk group. I will say no thanks for the sinovac regardless.

Anyway, they will never make it for July at all, not even December.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The caveat being the last sentence in the quote above.

Doses are few and far between, with the schedule as such. 

So when will the vaccines they have on hand run out, as they have to shift the vaccines to ward off the virus in prisons, factories, and such.  Are only Thais in prison, and working in factories getting vaccinated or are they vaccinating all.  The world wants to now.

Also, he doesn't say which ones are free and which ones will cost you X Baht.

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The caveat being the last sentence in the quote above.

Doses are few and far between, with the schedule as such. 

So when will the vaccines they have on hand run out, as they have to shift the vaccines to ward off the virus in prisons, factories, and such.  Are only Thais in prison, and working in factories getting vaccinated or are they vaccinating all.  The world wants to now.

Seems its always next week, next month, next year. Sounds more like just stringing everyone along hoping it will go away......heads in the sand...