Chinese man who shot two cops: "I thought I was being abducted"

webfact

Is he attempting to say they werent in uniform,  that they didnt announce who they were?  No way... does he not know admitting your crime here helps you.  In the end this will just be another entertaining story from Thailand for the world to read and measure. 

• Like 2

With the reputation of the RTP you hardly can blame the guy. When I was arrested early morning on the Doi Saket road there where 4 of them (tourist police but with civilian clothes), 2 still drunk from the evening before (loi Khratong) found out later they received 30.000 baht, it was an attempt to silence the smart (stupid Farang) . Almost 30 years later I'm still here, still stupid I guess.

Hmmm, wealthy being attracted to come to Thailand, may have drawbacks. Sorry, I am not rich but good for a million baht a year brought into Thailand to support my Thai wife and Stepdaughter. Additionally, I was required to provide medical, police and financial ability documents befor being issued a retirement visa (O-A). I note lack of critical thinking skills is not limited to the USA.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

I read online they were investigating on online gambling site?

Yes,

Thailand is a popular location for online gambling and call centre scams among Chinese, Korean and Taiwanese nationals, probably due to lack of oversight by the authorities and usually being able to buy their way out of trouble.

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

This absolutely smacks of a ' clean-out ' of all the guys wealth and assets, hence now, the very limited reporting.

This will be an orchestrated full seizure of all assets with somebody lurking in the background who carries power behind it all.

It doesn't necessarily mean he has double crossed anybody in the network of this online gambling operation,it is  more like they have played his game long enough, he has served his purpose, and have now decided its time to move in for the kill.

I saw this time and time again in my days in Pattaya.

One very well to do guy named Wolfgang Ulrich back in 1999, for expats that's been around a while.

One minute he's receiving medals and gold Buddhas from the Queen of Thailand for charity work and dining with Admirals and Generals and the next arrested for ' alleged ' drug trafficking and evading tax on an imported yacht. Thrown out, wealth seized and of course, blacklisted.

He nearly took down a load of government MPs in the process.

Thailand, Greed, greed and more greed.

https://www.thebigchilli.com/feature-stories/journey-through-thailands-past-1997-2001

Another Hub to add to the long list of Hubs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Asset stripping more likely. Wonder how much actually makes it into "evidence". ????

Hahahaha already 3 cars where missing yesterday . Yesterday it where only 3 cars today suddenly it are 6 . I suppose someone brought back the other 3 late last night ????????????????

4 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Hahahaha already 3 cars where missing yesterday . Yesterday it where only 3 cars today suddenly it are 6 . I suppose someone brought back the other 3 late last night ????????????????

Hahahaha, didn't you read it says 6 vehicles, instead of 6 cars>?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

Hahahaha, didn't you read it says 6 vehicles, instead of 6 cars>?

Hahahaha 6 vehicles also doesn't mean 3 cars and 3 other kinds of transport so because yesterday they said 3 cars i assumed that the other 3 vehicles where also cars . Geuss only you can be funny with your comment nobody else . Enjoy your day smart...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arkady said:

The 30 round magazine in the front is just for show or storage, as the magazine must be inserted into the pistol grip in the normal way.

According to this link, the extended magazine is inserted it the correct place.

https://www.falcon-security.us/products/bulletproof-and-tactical-gear/pistol-conversion-kits/caa-industries/micro-roni-gen-4-glock-19-17/

Micro Roni G4 Glock 19_17 NFA Stock

5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

This absolutely smacks of a ' clean-out ' of all the guys wealth and assets, hence now, the very limited reporting.

This will be an orchestrated full seizure of all assets with somebody lurking in the background who carries power behind it all.

It doesn't necessarily mean he has double crossed anybody in the network of this online gambling operation,it is  more like they have played his game long enough, he has served his purpose, and have now decided its time to move in for the kill.

I saw this time and time again in my days in Pattaya.

One very well to do guy named Wolfgang Ulrich back in 1999, for expats that's been around a while.

One minute he's receiving medals and gold Buddhas from the Queen of Thailand for charity work and dining with Admirals and Generals and the next arrested for ' alleged ' drug trafficking and evading tax on an imported yacht. Thrown out, wealth seized and of course, blacklisted.

He nearly took down a load of government MPs in the process.

Thailand, Greed, greed and more greed.

https://www.thebigchilli.com/feature-stories/journey-through-thailands-past-1997-2001

When you say thrown out....do you mean back to Germany to face a charge of embezzlement?

Court orders Wolfgang Ulrich to return to Germany

The government of Germany has requested that the Thai courts return Wolfgang Ulrich to Germany to stand trial for embezzling funds totaling 500 million baht from an animal protection foundation in Europe. 

http://www.pattayamail.com/366/news.htm#hd2

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2003-04-03/wildlife-boss-jailed-for-duping-animal-lovers/1829052

Anyway let's not go any further off-topic.

Edited by Bruno123
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Susco said:

It's not functional though how would the bullets get from that front magazine to back behind the trigger? it would be impossible given the design of the glock 19

• Like 2

He's Chinese. The Thai authorites will be reluctant to do anything that might upset the fat <deleted>, Xi.

Probably a 'friend' who lent him the money -'Watching' every move of course.

"He thought he was being abducted."  

That's why he had an expensive, illegal, state of the art, automatic, sophisticated murderous weapon, plus others.

He killed 2 police - he's immune to punishment, he's Chinese.

His name has been changed to confuse the issue.

There is no mention of who the 2 Thais were, who supplied the weaponry.

The owners of the other vehicles which appear to have avoided the police - who seemingly had the place surrounded, (perhaps) - and are missing - and unidentifiable - allegedly.

So, no further action and diplomatic indifference/protection is the order of the day.

Why would there be further action?

Job done.

Stamped: -  "No follow-up action necessary:

Xi's a mate.

State of Emergency - extended!

Peasants - do as you 're told!

• Thanks 1