Pattaya luxury house shooting: We did everything by the book, claim RTP despite CCTV evidence

webfact

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Gawd you got some imagination.

You just like the rest of us do not know if they shouted police or not, so stop trying to defend them.

Clearly the Chinese man was not an innocent person, but the police acted like gangsters, not like they should have done.

Then what can you expect from the police farce here.

Anyone could shout "police!". I can see the Chinese throwing that one in.

I can see how the man may be scared by the pool, having civilian ppl running toward him.

Whatever they shouting, police or thugs to abduct...the later just as credible assumption by someone.

"Misunderstanding" is a handy word often used when backtracking on wrong...

This time the Chinese guy can just cover with that the shooting, quite rightfully.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

How do you know they screamed that they are policeman from pictures ? ????

By watching the video that the Chinese themselves posted online, Police, Police, Police, Police, Police,  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Gawd you got some imagination.

You just like the rest of us do not know if they shouted police or not, so stop trying to defend them.

Clearly the Chinese man was not an innocent person, but the police acted like gangsters, not like they should have done.

Then what can you expect from the police farce here.

Here's a tip for you. Watch the video the Chinese posted online. It sounds silly when you post without having read several sources first.

Secondly: It is a criminal offence to shoot someone to protect yourself in many countries in the world, including Thailand. It's a criminal offence regardless of if you're being mugged, robbed, kidnapped. USA is as I understand it an exception. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

Here's a tip for you. Watch the video the Chinese posted online. It sounds silly when you post without having read several sources first.

Secondly: It is a criminal offence to shoot someone to protect yourself in many countries in the world, including Thailand. It's a criminal offence regardless of if you're being mugged, robbed, kidnapped. USA is as I understand it an exception. 

The second paragraph is full of assumptions and it is an impossibility to  speak about worldwide laws concerning the use of deadly force with firearms with any degree of credibility.

as gor the USA, each US State has its own laws regarding that subject and personal experience has taught me that I know even less than I thought I did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Why not go with police cars and uniformed men ringing his doorbell with the search warrant? This looks indeed more like a kidnapping. 

Can I have your imagination, my night time dreams will be better.

the chief said that "certain media" had shown only certain frames and angles.

I'm with the Chief on this one. I bet they edited the footage, also this is Thailand and the Thai police are fully within their rights to operate in plain clothes to avoid the suspect being tipped off.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seismic said:

Licenses for the possession and using of guns and ammunition are issued to individuals only for the following purposes: self-defense, protection of property, sports or hunting. So as owning a gun for self defence is perfectly legal in Thailand, can you please point out the specific criminal code and subsection that makes it a criminal offence to use a gun for the purpose in which the license was obtained?

A private person can get a license to own a gun in Thailand, but they are not allowed to use it for self defence or protection of property. Regardless of reason, that is is a criminal offence in Thailand, as it is in most of Europe. This is decided in criminal court, not by what's on a piece of paper. An e.g. policeman is not a private person, that's different of course.

How do I know? I used to be a Thai - English interpretor in Thai courts in the past. Mainly juvenile cases but I have also been in the criminal court on Ratchadaphisek Rd in Bangkok. Lawyers talk to each other. Many people have gone to jail for using his licenced gun in self defence in Thailand. Well known among lawyers.

This is a no brainer in so many countries. Most of Europe is the same. 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1