Thailand’s AstraZeneca plan stumbles again as third wave rises

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

This week, top government figures stopped assuring the Thai public that millions of doses would be ready when mass vaccination starts in less than two weeks on June 7.

And all week we have a stream of Tosh from Anutin stating the AZ vaccine would be on time Etc Etc.

Maybe he is not a top Government Figure any longer.

If not , why not ?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Prosecutors were said to drop those charges back towards the end of March. But this is Thailand, old charges can be revived, and new charges fashioned out of thin air. There is always a law or three which can be applied to an individual.

Last I read was on 30th March in an article that said he had been charged over the vaccine video.

1 hour ago, DLock said:

Mr Anutin said AstraZeneca is obliged to source the vaccine from other manufacturers to fulfill the order of the Thai government, should the local plant fail to make the expected delivery."

Mr. Anutin knows he has painted himself into a corner with his promises and assertions that vaccines are plentiful.

When he makes statements about "contracts" with AstraZeneca and that AZ will need to step up and fulfill "contractual" orders if Siam Bioscience fails to produce, what he is doing is setting the stage to save his own bacon. 
When this house of cards folds on June 7th he'll be jumping up and down in feigned consternation loudly blaming AstraZeneca for the failure to fulfill their "contracts."  <pulls ass out of frying pan>

Yeah, I may be wrong.  I may see pigs flying overhead in the twilight migrating to the North tonight at sunset.

• Like 2