Phuket foreigners to get leftover Sinovac

webfact

39 minutes ago, sungod said:

With nothing else available it seems, I would imagine the chance of catching Covid and the possibility of severe illness or even death I suppose?

One would hope said expats have good health insurance and lots of money for quarantine when returning to LoS if they ever want to leave. Who knows what other restrictions may be put in place - will it affect extension of stays or work permit renewals? I would be wary of employing an unvaccinated foreigner in a school or some other company. 

Edited by DavisH
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You should be careful with the wording. No vaccines have known side effects, they wouldn't get approved.

All vaccines may produce side effects in certain individuals, it is the individuals that have the side effects, not the vaccine.

The so called "blood clots" were a result a condition arising from a low platlet count. What will never be known is if the people concerned had a low platlet count before receiving the vaccine or not.

A similar reaction was found in the use of Heparin but it took 30 years to establish the cause.

Almost all medicine has side effects.  Heck, I get an upset stomach from taking multi vitamins!  Just got a rabies jab and I was very dizzy for about 30 minutes. 

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/vaccine-side-effects-and-adverse-events

Vaccine Side Effects and Adverse Events

A vaccine is a medical product. Vaccines, though they are designed to protect from disease, can cause side effects, just as any medication can.

Most side effects from vaccination are mild, such as soreness, swelling, or redness at the injection site. Some vaccines are associated with fever, rash, and achiness. Serious side effects are rare, but may include seizure or life-threatening allergic reaction.

A possible side effect resulting from a vaccination is known as an adverse event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The WHO isn't corrupt.  They didn't tell any lies, just repeated what China told them.  Not much else they could do.  But yes, they didn't handle that very well.

The WHO is lead by who ? That did what in his country in the past ? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BestB said:

There are many ways to deliver same message. 

I do not know if it’s reporters choice of words or actual words of authorities but it sounds as if feeding leftover food to a street dog.

final result is the same no matter what words one uses , but I wonder why send the message in this way, not in a more nicer, welcoming way

Sounds like it is the reporters POV. Thai reporers seem to sensational everything. I think all Anutin said was that Thais would get it June 2 and foreigners would get it 3 and 4.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

indeed 

and what happens to long term expats if you refuse to accept this vaccine ?, a question I asked before 

If they are going to force their citizens to get it, they will surely force foreigners to as well! Be prepared to leave if you don’t want to get it!

what is a "left-over dose"? something you collect from a garbage can? s.th. with inferior quality? s.th. where the logistics chain incl. proper cooling was not adhered to?

Or simply s.th. nobody else wants - neither the Chinese nor the Thai

7 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Almost all medicine has side effects. 

If you want to believe that everyone reacts in exactly the same way to any medication, that is up to you but doesn't make it a fact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

If you want to believe that everyone reacts in exactly the same way to any medication, that is up to you but doesn't make it a fact.

I never said everyone reacts in exactly the same way.  Just said vaccines have side effects.  That's a proven fact.  Read the link I provided.

53 minutes ago, Oxx said:

No they don't.  Two doses are required for full immunity, so they only have enough for half of registered foreigners.

I'd worry about the 2nd dose in a month or 2.  Besides, you can't get to the 2nd dose until you've had the first.

"Leftovers" may not sound too altruistic, but they'd be just as happy putting the extra 30,000 doses in a car and send them to where they'd be appreciated.  They have months and months left on the shelf life.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'd worry about the 2nd dose in a month or 2.  Besides, you can't get to the 2nd dose until you've had the first.

Rumors are they're pushing out the 2nd dose by up to 12 weeks.  Maybe longer.  Not sure that's such a wise idea.  But...they're in a tough position.  I worry about this creating mutations....

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I never said everyone reacts in exactly the same way.  Just said vaccines have side effects.  That's a proven fact.  Read the link I provided.

An adverse reaction is an individual response, that is the fact. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Rumors are they're pushing out the 2nd dose by up to 12 weeks.  Maybe longer.  Not sure that's such a wise idea.  But...they're in a tough position.  I worry about this creating mutations....

I read the same.  But whether it's 4 weeks (as recommended) or 12 weeks, you can't start the clock on a 2nd dose until you've had the first.  Here's a chance for the foreigners in Phuket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

I read the same.  But whether it's 4 weeks (as recommended) or 12 weeks, you can't start the clock on a 2nd dose until you've had the first.  Here's a chance for the foreigners in Phuket.

This new study says it's OK to mix vaccines.  Let's hope the one in the UK that's looking at this also says the same thing.  It will be needed!!

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/01/americas/canada-mixing-coronavirus-vaccines/index.html

Mixing coronavirus vaccine brands is OK, Canada says

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I was reading something about that a few days ago, creating mutation is already happening 

• Sad 1

It could have been worse they could have made all farang have the vaccine first to see what effects it had if nobody dies then ok to give to Thai's, That would have been racist 

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

That's okay for Phuket, they get the un-wanted Sinovac...

A friend of mine in Khon Kaen sent a message in Line to me yesterday showing a letter that had been posted locally asking for all foreigners to register for vaccinations from June 1st as they will be included in the vaccination programme within the province... I wonder what they will get?

As for my province nothing said yet... so I'll wait for all the Sino-whatever to be used up and hopefully get AZ in a month or so, I'm happy to wait for July.

Where's is my letter Mr Postman?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

vaccinations of leftover Sinovac vaccine doses

We are getting treated like dogs more and more these days...........Whats next we will get leftover beer stocks that's been siting in the sun for the past 3 months.

They will have so many leftover of this vaccine (thais don't want it), that they even invite the neighbours from Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar to get it for free under the condition, they come over and work for 5000Baht/month.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

I do not know if it’s reporters choice of words or actual words of authorities but it sounds as if feeding leftover food to a street dog.

final result is the same no matter what words one uses , but I wonder why send the message in this way, not in a more nicer, welcoming way

Indeed. The word remaining would be a better choice in this cause. 

7 minutes ago, nightfox said:

We are getting treated like dogs more and more these days...........Whats next we will get leftover beer stocks that's been siting in the sun for the past 3 months.

Dogs get treated better, as for the beer that happened to me the other week my guts were off for a couple of days

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:
3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I enjoy leftover meat loaf and spaghetti.  But not China vaccines.

Both have now been approved by the WHO.  The vaccines are as safe as any of the others.  And in the end, we're all going to need a jab, and probably a booster within a year.

Didn't know WHO were investigating meat loaf and spaghetti.

Correct the vaccines are probably as safe any other for COVID but nobody knows the long term effects, a lot of vaccines have been brought out in the past, after years of study and trials, and considered to be safe, however there were long term effects that did not show up in the tests and trials stage.

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Sir people who do not  get the jab in the west then get offered more and more expensive prizes.....It pays to hold out....I am expecting a free car giveaway in time...

Ready for the tax bill?

3 hours ago, BestB said:

That village idiot has about as much tact as maggot on a turd pile ????

• Haha 1