Are foreign residents panicking about the delay in vaccinations

jippytum

Can't get to worked up about getting the vaccine 

As most who live in Thailand know how things work here

Expats last priority

I will wait until the Big International Hospitals get the vaccine of my choice then proceed to get injected 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not concerned in the slightest about the confusion and delays of the vaccination in Thailand for Thais or foreigners. I think that it's sad they are experiencing delays and availability problems. However, I personally agree with the government not running off to COVAX and paying their fees to join the WHO & EU supply club.  

I'll get a vaccine in time, if it's still a thing, and carry on with life before and after.  (No worries, mate)

On 6/15/2021 at 1:33 AM, rodknock said:

yes, it is a matter to get vaccinated.

i am 73 years old and  will not go traveling in bangkok as the number of infections keeps growing. i will not ride the bts,mrt or buses which i used to do all the time out of fear.

at least if i was able to get vaccinated i would feel i have a fighting chance of not getting infected.

no matter what the vaccinated rate is, it is better then not being vaccinated.

So you need a vaccine because it's too difficult for you to keep your mask properly and clean your hands every time you touch anything ?!

People who want to get vaccinated are so funny...

• Sad 4

On 6/14/2021 at 8:39 PM, BritManToo said:

2 points

1) Plentiful food, and modern sanitation probably did more to halt most of those diseases you listed than vaccination.

2) Vaccination may actually encourage mutation, as does foreign travel.

I'm gonna go way out on a limb and say both of these statements are false.

1) Plentiful food, and modern sanitation did not eliminate polio or malaria, and with respect to these diseases that have been eliminated their disappearance can be traced nation by nation to vaccination programs.  And in the case of polio the persistence of the disease in very few places on earth due to lack of vaccination.

2) Vaccination decreases the pool of individual viruses available for mutation and reduces the number of mutations proportionally (since the occurrence of mutations is random). 

• Like 2

A little concerned yes.  I'm in my 60's and overweight so, if I got it and had breathing issues, I'm more at risk.  I did manage to register and have an appointment next week, not holding my breath though.

The condo block I live in is pretty much "Gods waiting room", with lot of elderly fallangs, in assorted degrees of health.  Some are panicking, they know very well that a quarantine alone could kill them, even if they didn't need hospitalisation.  Most, if not all, would pay for a vaccine today if that was an option.  They (and me) don't understand the reluctance to allow private vaccines that have been accepted in first-world countries with (presumably) better testing systems to be imported.

• Thanks 1

I'm 71 with a CBGx3 in my past.  Workout, kayak, bike, lift and am in good health.  Madam and I stay to ourselves in our house.  We are careful and take the precautions.  Will wait for Moderna, Pfizer or J&J to arrive.  Travel to where I want to go is probably not on until next year.  No need to get anxious.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Farang99 said:

How and where did you get your jab? Certainly no appointments available in Phuket, neither government nor private.

Bangkok, details here:- 

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Effective vaccines substantially reduces circulation. We see this very clearly in countries with high rates of vaccination with the more effective vaccines. Huge decrease in positivity.

Certainly true of the mRNA vaccines.   But I have seen no evidence the vaccines thailand is using (sinovac and AZ) do much of anything to reduce transmission.  Look at countries that have used them such as Chile or Maldives.   Both approximately 50% vaccinated with sinovac and AZ respectively and have recently had some of the worlds highest covid case numbers per capita.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I went to the local hospital as I rightly distrusted the Phuu yaa baan to forward my information and register me. He hadn't.

I was registered at the local hospital on June 14th. They told me to return today, June 16th

I have just been and after back and forth and checking and re checking, they finally accepted I had registered two days ago, I was highly vulnerable ( it's visible in my case) they did the paperwork.

I then had blood pressure, weight, height etc done. Then a list of questions regarding allergies.

Off to the second floor and through for the Astra Zenica vaccine.

Over and done in seconds and then I had to sit 30 minutes for observation. Another blood pressure check and then a list of symptoms, which if I get them, I must go back to the hospital immediately.

New appointment for September 9th for second injection and I was given a card with the AZ batch number etc.

So not bad at all for a hospital up in Isaarn. All done and dusted and handled efficiently.

Please post briefly here including Province name

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not panicked but I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the registration schemes to date for expats.  By any standards it's simply unacceptable.

As of today at 12:20 pm, BOTH the intervac and the intervac/expat registration sites are shut down.  There is just no excuse for these endless screw-ups and vague explanations for them by the CCSA.????

Considering that an unvaccinated ex-pat is just as likely to spread the virus to the population as a whole, every effort should be being made right now to get expats vaccinated just as quickly as Thai nationals, and yet expats are not even able to register for vaccinations, much less even get one.

Edited by WaveHunter

If there were bodies in the streets I would probably twitch a bit, but there are not so I am not. There's nothing I can do about it, I have little patience with websites but have registered at a local private hospital so may hear from them in October. 

As for the Thai media and people, my ex misses does not believe farang have any problem getting the Vax. She may or may not be typical. 

1 hour ago, Colabamumbai said:

Will wait for the country to be vaccinated, no rush, fools rush in. 

Don't worry. By that time you will have built natural immunity though infection. Or a 1% chance of death, give or take.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/14/2021 at 7:07 PM, Bangkokhatter said:

Personally i am in no rush, not even opened any of the registration Apps supposedly available.

Going by some of the comments on various threads some posters will get Hernias before any problems with Covid.

I'm the same as you.   I'm not against having any vaccine, but I am against the inconvenience of going for one.

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

No hurry.  Need the right vaccine for international travel—and unfortunately they haven’t arrived yet.  But the longer we wait—the more data comes forth.  These vaccines haven’t been out very long, and no one knows long term effects.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

People forget that these are experimental vaccines provided by big pharma, you know the guys that don't lie, and are immune from liability.

I will wait also wait till the data is in, and if the FDA approves them as a vaccine now that the push is on, e.g. Pfizer applied for approval of their experimental vaccine and Moderna is right behind them, then I will know that something is going on, always trusting my gut, enough said.

Pfizer and BioNTech have already started their application process for full U.S. approval of their Covid-19 vaccine. Rival Moderna is expected to submit for the same process for its shot later this month.May 18, 2564 BE

Panic is a bad counselor, I live since January 2020 without vaccine,respecting distancing and primary hygiene measures and i will wait one year more to see which vaccine is the most appropriate for my age,and before to l let me innoculate i will check my blood for platelets count etc etc .... and i will pay myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thaitom said:

No appointment needed ,no app to book on needed, just showed up at the Amphur office when announced on the loudspeaker and showed my passport, filled out the form and was given a vaccination, will receive my second dose in 4 weeks.

Hopefully it wasn't Sinovac.  

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2021 at 1:33 AM, rodknock said:

at least if i was able to get vaccinated i would feel i have a fighting chance of not getting infected.

no matter what the vaccinated rate is, it is better then not being vaccinated.

Meanwhile, Ivermectin prophylaxis protocol commented on elsewhere. No vaccines for awhile yet. It was all lies. Don't panic & order delivery.

On 6/15/2021 at 10:39 AM, BritManToo said:

2 points

1) Plentiful food, and modern sanitation probably did more to halt most of those diseases you listed than vaccination.

2) Vaccination may actually encourage mutation, as does foreign travel.

Had chickenpox, mumps and measles as a child (before vaccinations were available), they didn't hurt me. Only vaccinations I had were polio and whooping cough.

Forcing people not to overeat and exercise daily may be more effective than vaccination.

But, of course, isn't as profitable for the corporations that own everything and everyone.

I can't change your opinions as you live a life driven by fear.

I don't fear death, I certainly don't fear COVID.

I noticed you didn't address the rebuttal of your claim about the vaccines and circulation. And all you did as regards your claim about mutation was make an unbacked assertion. Which is false, by the way.

Instead you made a personal comment about your critic. A comment that you had no basis in experience to make. When people do that, it generally means they feel cornered.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 7:37 PM, tonray said:

My only impetus for getting vaccinated quickly is for easier future travel. Otherwise I can take it or leave it.

Easier to travel to where .     One way ticket ?.  

Regulations .. change daily ..

Pandemic panic is  the Universal norm ..

Long time .. Sure ..

Welcome to the New World ...

On 6/15/2021 at 9:05 AM, petermik said:

I,m more likely to die driving my car/motorbike on the roads here than anything covid can throw at me.

So where is the logic and sensibility in your post and what are you trying to conclude?