Phuket Sandbox: All tourists to wear location tracking wristbands

webfact

This is just pure arrogance. 

We don't talk about caution out of some health perspective. 

How much income these tourists wearing wristband will generate, TAT? 

Pardon my french, go <deleted> yourself. 

Edited by drenddy
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

so just now ONLY foreign tourists allowed. 

no one from Thailand can enter. 

of course this had to be. so i am not allowed to go. or thai tourists. 

Since when did the USA become a medium risk country ????????

Let us understand one thing here and ask ourselves some questions

1. does the government trust any vaccines available in the world?

I am not sure if they believe that the vaccines are effective or just a waste of money. Many restrictions are still in place even if vaccinated.

Are vaccinated people safe around to move in their country? 

vaccinated people roam in their country with unvaccinated people .

why put a lot of restrictions on fully vaccinated tourists? 

Fully vaccinated tourists with a negative covid 19  test should be safe to come to thailand without quarantine or health insurance

SO I don't  understand their worries. Can somebody explain it to me?

It is like inviting somebody to dinner and chocking  him while he eats.

NONE OF THEM WILL SHOW UP AT THE DOOR.

3 minutes ago, the green light said:

Let us understand one thing here and ask ourselves some questions

1. does the government trust any vaccines available in the world?

I am not sure if they believe that the vaccines are effective or just a waste of money. Many restrictions are still in place even if vaccinated.

Are vaccinated people safe around to move in their country? 

vaccinated people roam in their country with unvaccinated people .

why put a lot of restrictions on fully vaccinated tourists? 

Fully vaccinated tourists with a negative covid 19  test should be safe to come to thailand without quarantine or health insurance

SO I don't  understand their worries. Can somebody explain it to me?

It is like inviting somebody to dinner and chocking  him while he eats.

NONE OF THEM WILL SHOW UP AT THE DOOR.

Vaccine don't prevent infection, but recent studies shows that fully vaccinated people have a lower risk. 

I assume, having this in mind, plus incompetence, and let's not forget the fear mongering strategy, which the junta benefited from, as they were able to control an entire country, at this moment they are too scared about the risks of opening. 

Infection will rise, no doubt about that. 

They have sold this image of safe Thailand, which many this were proud of, but, at same time, they controlled thai people by extending emergency decree.

So, for me, it's a combination of incompetence, poor strategy and bit of arrogance and lack of respect towards tourists. 

All I can say again about is I hope all these people who made these rules for torturing healthy people and put them under their cruelty games and taking their parts in the crime against humanity which is going worldwide, all of them  will get their reward for it at a certain place. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Just so that I am clear

1. Supply proof of vaccine
  2. Apply for visa
  3. Complete COE registration
  4. Covid insurance of at least 100,000 dollars
  5. Register SHA+ hotel (which will be overpriced)
  6. Arrange flight directly to Phuket (which will be overpriced)
  7. PCR test 72 hours before I leave UK
  8. Possible PCR test on arrival
  9. Load up tracking app on phone
  10. Wristband to track my every move
  11. Two PCR tests during my 14 day stay on Island (at my own cost)
  12. Entertainment venues closed
  13. Tracked by facial recognition
  14. Large fines for breaking rules (not sure what they are but will try to mindread when I get there)
  15. Unable to visit other islands, (Phi Phi, Coral etc)
  16. Wear mask at all times (Even when I am asleep on the beach??)
  17. No alcohol on beach.
  18. No alcohol with my meal
  19. 10 day quarantine on arrival in UK

Or

1. Fly to Portugal.
  2. Enjoy holiday
  3. Fly home

You are looking at  $5 k extra expenses to enter the door. An ecpenses added to your vacation. SO thailand is not longer a cheap destination.

I would like to know from TAT ... what will attract to lure tourism back to Thailand.?

how can they provide a fun place to visit?

their travel  competitions are Greece , Spain, Morocco and Turkey

no quarantine ,  no health insurance. cheap flight, easy of mobility in the country , beach amenities, variety of food, girls( I am sure for fun) and bars. Overall reasonable cheap..

so the question is "WHY GO TO THAILAND?"

• Like 2

OK putting aside all restriction.

I need to ask  TAT the questions

What will attract to lure tourism back to Thailand.? 

their travel  competitions are Greece , Spain, Morocco and Turkey..etc

They have  no quarantine ,  no health insurance. cheap flight, easy of mobility in the country , beach amenities, variety of food, girls( I am sure for fun) and bars. Overall reasonable cheap..

so the question is "WHY ANYBODY WOULD THINK GOING TO THAILAND?"

Just now, the green light said:

OK putting aside all restriction.

I need to ask  TAT the questions

What will attract to lure tourism back to Thailand.? 

their travel  competitions are Greece , Spain, Morocco and Turkey..etc

They have  no quarantine ,  no health insurance. cheap flight, easy of mobility in the country , beach amenities, variety of food, girls( I am sure for fun) and bars. Overall reasonable cheap..

so the question is "WHY ANYBODY WOULD THINK GOING TO THAILAND?"

EVEN Asian tourists would consider Europe over Asia for holidays

• Like 1

What's the big deal in having to wear a wristband for a couple of weeks?

Thousands of old farts wear bits of string around their wrists to look "cool ' in the LOS.

As long as the Sandbox thingy is just a way to get vaccinated ex-pats back to their families and mates without the quarantine,i'm in.

Tourists is another matter.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

They'll be made in China so won't work for 14 days anyhow ????

and you have to pay for it too probably at a cost of Bht3k-5k including battery

we can say,, it is not happy fun Phuket but happy jail time 

DO TAT believe that farang tourists would enjoy being watched and tracked on vacation.?

all these restrictive ideas do not help opening the country for tourism.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

Have the clowns any idea of how bloody stupid that scheme is?

So they expect tourists  to flock to Phuket to be treated the same as criminals, dream on morons, it aint gonna happen.

Are these clowns determined to destroy Phuket tourism forever?

Certainly appears that way.

Its ok they probably wont order enough and if the govt is resposible for setting up the software they work or will be continually updating.  The moon here we come!

11 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

They really don't have a clue how Westerners think, or how this tracking bracelet will be received.

I can see people arriving in Thailand and blankly refusing to wear them.

We don't like authoritarianism and this action exemplifies it.

Yes, they really should get some western consultants to help put together a package that would be appealing.  They take an idea, then mess it up going a a couple of steps too far.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NeoDinosaw said:
1 hour ago, chalawaan said:

Oh they know all right. Orwells other masterpiece "1984" is banned here, and activists were arrested in BKK for defiantly reading it in public just a few years ago. 

They also think Nazis are kind of cool, they have a Stuka dive bomber hung from the rafters of Don Muang Airport, the one aircraft above all others famed for strafing civilians. And they do share that love of civil servant uniforms and the cops wear those peaked caps in identical SS style.

Is it true that 1984 is banned ?

I think you are not allowed reading it while eating a sandwich?

6 hours ago, fleccer said:

They don't want the tourists , do you understand it or not? They make you believe that they want to reopen, but in reality they aim to destroy the whole economy. 

I'm starting to think the same, they don't want any foreigners in Thailand.

I don't even think the TAT tourist campaigns are aimed at tourists I think they are to appease Thai people that own tourism related businesses...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

You forgot 20. If any of the tests are positive (even false postive) go straight to a prison hospital (at your expense) and relax there on a cardboard bed.

Yes. And, the PCR test is reported to have a false positive at the rate of 1/200. So, if you have to have 3 during your sandbox adventure, there's a 1/67 chance you'll be in the hospital. Imagine that they were as successful as they want to be in re recovery of Phuket tourism... for example, what if they were to attract 67,000 tourists a month to the island...that would mean 1/67 would end up with a 14-day hospital stay which would translate to 1,000 getting interred into local hospitals each month...can those hospitals handle that? What if they attract 6,700? That would mean 100 tourists doing 14 days in local hospitals each month. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Yes. And, the PCR test is reported to have a false positive at the rate of 1/200. So, if you have to have 3 during your sandbox adventure, there's a 1/67 chance you'll be in the hospital. Imagine that they were as successful as they want to be in re recovery of Phuket tourism... for example, what if they were to attract 67,000 tourists a month to the island...that would mean 1/67 would end up with a 14-day hospital stay which would translate to 1,000 getting interred into local hospitals each month...can those hospitals handle that? What if they attract 6,700? That would mean 100 tourists doing 14 days in local hospitals each month. 

If those figures are correct and I've seen similar then it would also mean that if you are in a group be that family or friends then the likelihood that one of your group falls victim to a false positive is even greater.

4 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

Those who are willing to come are probably also the once who where used to a device like this at home.

Most people just have 14 days vacation and beside that also in most countries on still have to stay in quarantine when you come back for 10 days, which is at own costs.

Think this they have forgotten to put in the equation too. the costs before and after that is what make people also not want to stay 14 days in Phuket.

when look at to retuning tourist now you see many of them are tested positive and being infected implies to support of possible new mutations beside the 20 or so that are now know and are seen  traveling with the tourists. Express ways to make spreading easy. 

think Thailand better can provide the 2 jabs to the Thai people and then when 95% is full vaccinated have a look at it again. and with this also the 4th wave passes with the expected needed 3th jab.

Sheer hubris, and a bunch of goons who have completely lost the plot, and forgotten that Thailand needs them 20X more than they need Thailand. 

And with the numbers dropping in many nations, and not having flattened at all here, foreigners who come her, are at far greater risk than the locals here. Consider that for a moment. 

So, if foreign tourists are willing to take that risk, why penalize them for it? Reward them! 

• Like 2