If you do not wear a helmet while using a motorbike...????????

On 6/22/2021 at 12:50 PM, nahkit said:

Poor?  I've been married to the same Thai lady for over 30 years and my wife owns 4 houses, two "lock-up" stalls in a clothes market along with numerous pieces of land, all paid for by me. If I were to die tomorrow she would be anything but poor.

Love ones distressed?  We all have to die sometime, I'm sure my grown-up children could handle it.

Its not just about you?  I've spent the best part of fourty years working to provide for my family, its about time they learnt to look after themselves and that I started to do the things that make me happy.

"It's my life
And it's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive"

Bon Jovi

so you wont be getting the vaccines then ?

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Joinaman said:

here a thing that i try and get the students to try

ask them to stand and slowly bang their head on the wall

Then ask them to bang it harder

Now ask them to run at the wall with your head

Guess which one they wont do ?

they look at me daft when i try to explain that if you think it hurts too much when moving at 2 or 3 kph, try and imaging what it would feel like hitting your head at 30kph, and then imagine what it would do to your head at 60-80 kph, no pain, but no head either 

They look again, then get on their bikes with no helmets 

Crazy !!

You have a point.

But, in real life, how many accidents end with a head (with or without helmet) against a wall? I think that doesn't happen too often.

And apart from that many young people have this feeling that they are invincible. How do I know? There was a time when I was young and I also did some stunts which, especially in the hindsight, could have gone very wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And apart from that many young people have this feeling that they are invincible.

All caused by their Buddhist beliefs. Wear a Buddha amulet and you're invincible. Mom takes son to the temple and gets a monk to spit beer in the sons face and chant a few blessings should also make him indestructible.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

All caused by their Buddhist beliefs. Wear a Buddha amulet and you're invincible. Mom takes son to the temple and gets a monk to spit beer in the sons face and chant a few blessings should also make him indestructible.

Lots of teenagers all over the world think they are invincible. Not only people with religion x or y.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You have a point.

But, in real life, how many accidents end with a head (with or without helmet) against a wall? I think that doesn't happen too often.

And apart from that many young people have this feeling that they are invincible. How do I know? There was a time when I was young and I also did some stunts which, especially in the hindsight, could have gone very wrong.

If "wall" can be assigned as a car or truck = a significant amount....

Much of the damage to cars is caused by the motorcyclists body.....

Wall could also be defined as the pavement, (even a dirt road) - which remains undefeated.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Substitute a car, truck, road, barrier, lamppost, etc for a wall then you just might get the picture.

How many walls do you see on the race track in a Moto GP race? Yet all riders wear helmets.

Edited by bobandyson
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

If "wall" can be assigned as a car or truck = a significant amount....

Much of the damage to cars is caused by the motorcyclists body.....

Wall could also be defined as the pavement, (even a dirt road) - which remains undefeated.....

It worries me that you have had to explain this. Why not not let people enjoy their ignorance? Ignorance is bliss, after all.????

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...