Pattaya: 16 card game gamblers arrested - they brought 100K each to the party!

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Nong Prue station chief Pol Col Chitdecha Songhong and his subordinates formed a raiding party that went to a pool villa in the area after information received about illegal gambling and gathering in contravention of Covid-19 rules. 

At the five bedroom villa in the main hall they found 13 women and three men playing cards on the floor. 

They were engaging in the game of Pok Deng, a simple Thai gambling game. 

A pack of cards and markers were taken into evidence along with an unspecified quantity of cash, reported Naew Na.

The media reported that the gamblers were moving from house to house in an attempt to avoid arrest. They had rented the pool villa and were all arrested yesterday late afternoon. 

The gamblers said it was their habit to bring around 100,000 baht each to the party to gamble with.

They were all taken away and booked with illegal gambling and breaking the emergency decree regulations. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-23
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

What's the odds that the 'rat' was someone playing the game and lost, then phoned the police and made a deal to get some of their cash back.   Since they were all inside a villa any noise would not disturb the neighbours so gotta be a mole on the inside I think.   

Jesus...

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, tonray said:

Return the money to their wives or girlfriends while they are incarcerated...in short order the gambling will die out for lack of funds.

There were 13 women and 3 men gambling.

• Like 2

The Thai girls are just mad for this...........my wife used to deal for a group of Thai girls in Germany.........they would play for more 24 hours at a stretch (at my house, which was annoying)..........thousands of Euros changed hands as many had married into wealth and though nothing of winning/losing up to 10,000 on a night,.......

22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Without urban myth hogwash, how is "an earner" for the police?

I know it is despicable to think or say that Thai police are corrupt, next they will accuse the Government of being corrupt. ????????

• Like 1

Thai lady:              'Send money for eat teeruk." 

Stupid farang:      "I send 100,000 baht last week."

Thai lady:                "I hungry teeruk."

Stupid farang:        "Ok. I send tomorrow."  

????

• Haha 1