DAY 18: 257,103

DAY 19: 324,055

DAY 20: 74,075 <— Saturday

DAY 21: 93,577 <— Sunday

TOTAL: 5,046,991

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1409388627721818113

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

With all the bad news coming out here on a daily basis I thought the baht would of sunk by now, it's barely moved.its unsinkable. 

They don't call it the Teflon Baht for nothing now do they.

• Like 2

Many have escape from BKK to they family homes in provinces. Was big mistake to tell people there maybe come lockdown and then not do it right away! Now from all clusters covid going to spread all over country! Mrs just told me yesterday that in close bye our village 5 case's from BKK whitch going to annouce today! So Loei have atleast 5 new today all from BKK! Aha they find one more in other place so Loei 6! 

Edited by 2 is 1

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is scary so many people from walk in tests. That means it really is getting bad because those people only come when they feel sick. 

I agree. It demonstrates they are now seeing more people presenting with considerable symptoms. How many are there asymptomatic for each one presenting.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is scary so many people from walk in tests. That means it really is getting bad because those people only come when they feel sick. 

Like yesterday morning 8 clock my usual time i go Jomtien Lotus South shopping , my routine to avoid covid as i am then almost alone in shop , some Thai don't mind to wait exact 8 clock (or maybe workers ) and enter as doors for workers already opened a 10 minutes earlier . 

I can see while waiting outside the automatic fever-gate (green O.K opens , Red not O.K keep closed ...... one entered and i could see  .... Red ! ... so she just past beside gate  , as at that time no control person at that gate .... it surprised me "they " are around sometimes very close by ????

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, anchadian said:

National Vaccination Rollout since 7 June:

DAY 1: 416,847

- - - -

DAY 14: 91,879 <— Sunday

DAY 15: 227,639

DAY 16: 241,639

DAY 17: 251,985

DAY 18: 257,103

DAY 19: 324,055

DAY 20: 74,075 <— Saturday

DAY 21: 93,577 <— Sunday

TOTAL: 5,046,991

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1409388627721818113

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (June 28, 2021)

About 3.94 percent of the population is fully vaccinated, with 6,537,851 (+63,230) people received the first dose, while 2,609,661 (+33,347) received the second dose. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #ฉีดวัคซีน #COVID19 #Thailand #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1409393458922475524

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

No new cluster was reported in Bangkok on Monday. Of the 111 known clusters in the capital, 96 have reported cases in the past 14 days including 38 in worker camps & working sites, 26 at businesses & factories and 19 around markets & shopping centres.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1409392513060786179

16 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

With all the bad news coming out here on a daily basis I thought the baht would of sunk by now, it's barely moved.its unsinkable. 

you need to look for FOREX-relevant bad news, not bad news in general.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Many have escape from BKK to they family homes in provinces. Was big mistake to tell people there maybe come lockdown and then not do it right away! Now from all clusters covid going to spread all over country! Mrs just told me yesterday that in close bye our village 5 case's from BKK whitch going to annouce today! So Loei have atleast 5 new today all from BKK! Aha they find one more in other place so Loei 6! 

So they test and quarantine.

Thats good! 

18 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The number of people in ICU and on VENTILATORS:

20 June: 1,374/390

21 June: 1,436/395

22 June: 1,479/410

23 June: 1,526/433

24 June: 1,564/445

25 June: 1,603/460

26 June: 1,662/470

27 June: 1,725/489

28 June: 1,806/510 <—- Today #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1409390532174909442

Those on ventilators seems to have hit an all time high and is very scary and these people are critical.  I pray for them all and hope that they get the right treatment to help them.  My GF's aunt is one of the 489 on a ventilator from yesterdays stats.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Polaky said:

Surely they will cancel their sandbox plans now.

No way will they ever admit to canceling this scheme they have hatched.  No matter how dismal it is they will put a positive PR spin on it, sort of like :the arriving tourists enjoyed the pristine waters of the beaches", and "Never was there a more relaxing time spent in the sun having fun, and they plan to return and bring friends with them next time"..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Calls for all migrant workers to be legalised as army seals off 575 building sites in Bangkok

South African variant was confirmed, on Monday, as having been detected already in Bangkok as the country is now at the start of the 4th wave of infections which one medic at Siriraj Hospital, last week, predicted could see case numbers above ten thousand per day. Monday saw 5,406 cases announced with 22 deaths.

More:

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/06/28/migrant-workers-virus-legalisation-demands/

#Thailand government says #Bangkok has almost 600 construction onsite housing with some 80,000 workers. But Labour organisations believe number of workers more than double that with many without proper documentation, hence making them ineligible for government payout #โควิด19

https://twitter.com/MayWongCNA/status/1409389672636174336

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

No way will they ever admit to canceling this scheme they have hatched.  No matter how dismal it is they will put a positive PR spin on it, sort of like :the arriving tourists enjoyed the pristine waters of the beaches", and "Never was there a more relaxing time spent in the sun having fun, and they plan to return and bring friends with them next time"..

I think if they lockdown Bangkok the Phuket "quicksand box" (a phrase well coined and I've adopted it) will be skunked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I think if they lockdown Bangkok the Phuket "quicksand box" (a phrase well coined and I've adopted it) will be skunked.

Essentially tourists who do get to Phuket's quicksand box, and then get past 14 days plus 4 PCR tests, and then head to Bangkok will only be able to have a restaurant deliver food to their hotel. As none will be opened for at least the next month for in restaurant dining.  So much for the world famous roof top restaurants and bars people come to Bangkok to eat in and take photos from.

Add in the fact that if they then decide to travel further, and since they been in a dark red zone, they may to go through the testing and quarantining again depending on which province they will fly to.  

For me if I was a tourist then all of that would be very unsettling, knowing I was looked upon as a dirty foreigner who needed to keep jumping through the hoops.  

I know many folks from Bangkok that headed out to the southern beach provinces this past weekend and do not have a plan to return to BKK until the fallout of this partial lockdown is over.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Olmate said:

So they test and quarantine.

Thats good! 

Yes they test if they take you to test! Those people feel sick and go hospital! Nothing lock down!

Even wife's girl is in school today, every other week half student in school! Nice to go van in school where is 12 people in. Van pick up kids first from village where was just 4 case!

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Of the 5,406 new cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 3,757 via tests at medical facilities

- 1,622 via pro-active tests at known clusters

- 9 via pro-active tests in prisons

- 18 imported cases

#โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #โควิด19วันนี้ #Thailand #Covid19

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1409385014660276225

Well we know there is a real difficulty getting tested in Bangkok hospitals so these figures now indicate people in the provinces are going to hospital more because of symptoms, indication the spread from Bangkok is increasing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

This is getting worse! Doubt the peasants will stand for this much longer, says I!

Stand for what much longer.

As the bully in school yard would say...

Whatcha gunna do about it? 

Just now, anchadian said:

Expats including foreign teachers receive COVID vaccination at Central Phuket as Phuket heads towards the reopening of the island to vaccinated tourists from July 1.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1409402828607541249

I keep reading about the big opening, My question is......who is actually going to come?