No Covid-19 Vaccine for Foreigners in Pattaya

Banana7

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Because high risk Thais are being prioritized and high risk expats are not. Duh! 

I am not so sure the high risk Thais are being prioritized..... I know quite a few who are still waiting. Get more an impression it depends where you live... a tourist island would be good, and your risk status would not matter. 

9 hours ago, Banana7 said:

As at July 2, 2021, the contract for Thailand to purchase Moderna has NOT been signed by the Thai government according to Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) which has many hospitals.

Too busy wining and dining on the Beach in Phuket...

Where is a good Tsunami when you need one?

Let us hope he gets to it on return.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, irishman25 said:

just update here in USA they have so many vaccines and no takers there now nearly Paying you to get vaccinated. if you have USA passport you could fly here get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine at No cost and fly back within a week. and the plane in nearly EMPTY. 

How would it be for non-USA passport holders to come and get jabbed? 

From the US Embassy:

"The U.S. Department of State is unable to provide vaccines to the millions of Americans who reside outside of the United States. For those who wish to return to the United States to be vaccinated, information on vaccine availability at the state level is available at www.vaccines.gov. Meanwhile, as Thailand pursues its vaccination program, I will continue to advocate for your equitable access..."

Oh well. I could hop on a plane, not likely on my teacher's salary, or keep hoping that advocating goes somewhere.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

How would it be for non-USA passport holders to come and get jabbed? 

My coworkers tell me the big news is that hi-so Thais are taking US jab vacations. Fly over, do a little shopping for some souvenirs, get jabbed, fly back. I'm sure it just takes a US state driver's license or ID card, which foreigners can get.

On 6/30/2021 at 5:16 PM, superal said:

Actually the non vaccination of farangs could be a test on the tolerance levels of foreigners on how far can they be taken for a ride and treated as second class people . No matter on the scale of farang monetary contribution it is still a significant amount to support many Thai families and businesses . Now if the farangs had a union/ spokesperson  that told the Thai government  " if no vaccine we will return to our home countries for vaccinations  "   they might have a different attitude .  No point on relying on your embassies cos they don't seem to care .

Just how much would it take for you to think twice and then off to swampy .

Nice idea but there is no solidarity here with expats/foreigners....so so many are in the " I,m alright Jack brigade" or they are just f...... lazy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Nice idea but there is no solidarity here with expats/foreigners....so so many are in the " I,m alright Jack brigade" or they are just f...... lazy.

Don't see the point of chasing wild geese around........

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 8:15 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

My coworkers tell me the big news is that hi-so Thais are taking US jab vacations. Fly over, do a little shopping for some souvenirs, get jabbed, fly back. I'm sure it just takes a US state driver's license or ID card, which foreigners can get.

Foreign tourists an get a US driver's license or ID card?

You mean fake ones?

Edited by Jingthing

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Foreign tourists an get a US driver's license or ID card?

You mean fake ones?

No drivers license needed. I know of a SG guy who went to the US get his jab and so did a Thai girl. Both had no US drivers license or ID card. This was in New York. 

They went.. did shopping then came back in quarantine in Thailand and are now vaccinated. (the SG had the jansen and jansen) 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

No drivers license needed. I know of a SG guy who went to the US get his jab and so did a Thai girl. Both had no US drivers license or ID card. This was in New York. 

They went.. did shopping then came back in quarantine in Thailand and are now vaccinated. (the SG had the jansen and jansen) 

Yes not surprised but its possible that it might depend on the specific vaccination location. Its a very big country.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes not surprised but its possible that it might depend on the specific vaccination location. Its a very big country.

Actually its a big thing among the more higher class Thais and expats just doing a trip to the US for vaccination. Its highly advertised in those circles. The Thai girl was a famous social influencer. Described the process in detail. 

Still besides the money it would mean quarantine.. and that is just too much. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Actually its a big thing among the more higher class Thais and expats just doing a trip to the US for vaccination. Its highly advertised in those circles. The Thai girl was a famous social influencer. Described the process in detail. 

Still besides the money it would mean quarantine.. and that is just too much. 

Not saying it isn't!

Only pointing out reception may vary depending on where the vaccine tourist goes exactly. What happens in LA or New York isn't necessarily what happens in Boise, etc.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not saying it isn't!

Only pointing out reception may vary depending on where the vaccine tourist goes exactly. What happens in LA or New York isn't necessarily what happens in Boise, etc.

Im sure that those who organize these trips are well aware of it. I did not say you denied anything. Just gave some extra info. No  need to be so aggressive. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Im sure that those who organize these trips are well aware of it. I did not say you denied anything. Just gave some extra info. No  need to be so aggressive. 

Yes I  agree for organized trips.

41 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Foreign tourists an get a US driver's license or ID card

I would think that the time frame to actually receive the drivers license would be more of an impediment than actually getting one.  Numerous states including California do not require legal citizenship in order to obtain a drivers license or ID card. 

With that said, I am not sure what if any requirements the pharmacies have in terms of asking for ID The vaccine is free if you are a U.S. citizen but that "might" only mean that a foreigner would be asked to pay for the vaccine which would be insignificant compared to their cost of getting to the USA.
image.png.a997be20d86a321ee852f35fa014dbeb.png

This is from the CDC:

• COVID-19 vaccines are available for everyone at no cost.
  • Vaccines were paid for with taxpayer dollars and will be given to all people living in the United States, regardless of insurance or immigration status.
  • COVID-19 vaccination is an important tool to help stop the pandemic.
  • CDC recommends you get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you can.

If you are alive, you can get the shot.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/no-cost.html

Every day I get emails from Oregon with announcements like this:

Event Info
Free Pfizer and J&J Vaccination Event - Hillsboro
07-09-2021
Century High School-Based Health Center

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Emdog said:

This is from the CDC:

• COVID-19 vaccines are available for everyone at no cost.
  • Vaccines were paid for with taxpayer dollars and will be given to all people living in the United States, regardless of insurance or immigration status.
  • COVID-19 vaccination is an important tool to help stop the pandemic.
  • CDC recommends you get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you can.

If you are alive, you can get the shot.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/no-cost.html

Every day I get emails from Oregon with announcements like this:

Event Info
Free Pfizer and J&J Vaccination Event - Hillsboro
07-09-2021
Century High School-Based Health Center

"If you are alive, you can get the shot."    That's interesting....... 

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2021 at 2:40 AM, Ian Wake said:

I have exchanged the yellow book (which is issued initially) for the Blue house book and Pink ID card....... done for my condo in Bangkok..

Possibly, but what would be the advantage if you are not Thai or PR your name is not registered in the Blue book.... 

On 7/4/2021 at 12:02 PM, robblok said:

Actually its a big thing among the more higher class Thais and expats just doing a trip to the US for vaccination. Its highly advertised in those circles. The Thai girl was a famous social influencer.

I wonder, a higher class, famous social influencer, hmm, was quarantine umh, overlooked?

Just now, herfiehandbag said:

I wonder, a higher class, famous social influencer, hmm, was quarantine umh, overlooked?

No as far as i know it was not overlooked. Probably not hi so enough. Being famous and having power is not always the same thing. She had to quarantine too. 

• Thanks 1