Media mogul faces online backlash after offering to takeover restaurants

webfact

te.jpg

By Panithan Onthaworn

JKN Global Media’s chief executive, Jakkaphong “Anne” Jakrajutatip, faced online backlash on Tuesday after offering to take over troubled restaurants that were suffering after the lockdown of Bangkok.

The ban of dining-in at restaurants across Bangkok and other high-risk areas for at least 30 days was announced this past weekend and came into effect from Monday.

“With numerous eateries in distress, I would like to assist by acquiring 10 businesses,” Anne posted on her social media accounts.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/29124/media-mogul-faces-online-backlash-after-offering-to-takeover-restaurants/

ti.jpg
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tonray said:

How nice of her to offer 'fire-sale' acquisitions of owners struggling to survive.

How is that different from foreigners asking for lower rents because of covid ?

There will always be profiteering by bad people. In this case its just the owners who lose out, while employees might win from it. So in a way its not super bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

With the amount of money she/he has ........ I'd be prepared to do it.

In the words of george bernard shaw,  so we have already determined what you are, now its just a matter of negotiating the price....

Edited by poskat
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, poskat said:

In the words of george bernard shaw,  so we have already determined what you are, now its just a matter of negotiating the price....

Some people claim that the quote came from Churchill, others say Mark Twain, all of which makes me wonder if the quote was actually made by anyone famous or just something that has gone into folklore over the years.

4 hours ago, tonray said:

You do know she is transgender, right ?

Clipboard01.png.09d6cd1849b06d3889665034881c3dc1.png

More public proof that some of ya'll can't tell.   Not that it matters, to each his/her/their own.    My Asian friends usually can't tell the difference between American strippers and sorority girls.   

45 minutes ago, Heng said:

More public proof that some of ya'll can't tell.   Not that it matters, to each his/her/their own.    My Asian friends usually can't tell the difference between American strippers and sorority girls.   

that's because you cant tell the type of relationship a girl has with her father by looking at her...555

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 8:34 PM, Pravda said:

I didn't. 

My Second choice is Yingluck. Yingluck can acquire me for next to nothing.

Yeah, forget about the LB.

Ms Yingluck might be the best looking gov leader the world has ever seen. Can't think of anyone hotter.