Thailand buys 5 million doses of Moderna coronavirus vaccine

snoop1130

The only take away from this piece of news is that we should take whatever vaccines available currently and register for the Moderna jab as when it’s available. I have been vaccinated with 1st dose AZ with 2nd shot in September and also registered with Thanyaburi Hospital for Moderna. Will take the Moderna vaccine as my booster shot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Many of the hospital networks pedaling Moderna have said they are over-subscribed.

That was based on free, no committment registrations, basically expressing interest. Obviously many people registered with mutliple hospitals.

Now they are winnowing that down to real, paying customers by getting them to fork over enough cash to cover their costs to actually throw into the GPO trough.

Once the trough is full the GPO will place an order with Zuellig, after taking their "commission".

There will be blood.

Right.

And "congratulations" to all those who have selfishly registered multiple times: just makes the whole process slower and more difficult for everyone.

at last a lot of people are starting to see what this vaccine program bull is all about yes that right greed of the very rich, they are saying this virus is worse than that , but when the experts are asked they say sorry can not tell the difference? what does that mean? how about a more expensive vaccine that the public will have buy, and so it goes and of course everyone must buy if they want to live you not counted if vaccine kills you just a small mistake ha ha

16 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

~ 200 baht for AZ

~ 600 baht for Sinovac

per government budget slides.

Expect there are "expediting" and "handling" "fees" for Sinovac, whihc increase the "cost".

Your comment bears no relation to the post I was replying to. Perhaps you meant to direct it elsewhere.

I telephoned Bumrangrad to see if I could pay for the Moderna vaccine.  I was told that I would be placed on the waiting list.  No price available now, it will be decided when the vaccines actually arrive.  So much for the 3400 baht total cost for two jabs.

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

The first 5 million is sold out it will be used as BOOSTER for all government leaders, family and friends then those who are willing to pay for it.

What happen to the 30 million USD given to the Government?  With that money any charge should be much less?????

In addition to that 30 million USD given to the Thai govt, the US promised easy access to the vaccines this is what I read anyway so where is the problem..I think it is getting easier to see.

Bored with all this <deleted>. Websites fail, foreigners have to wait. French embassy imports it's own vaccines as the Thai government is incompetent. Incompetence rules. Difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know and I don't care. Seems to be the Thai government's answer too everything about the vaccines. 

Buy or not buy, there is no try....to paraphrase Yoda.

13 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Interesting to note that Bangkok Hospital in Pattaya posted the Thai language notice explaining how to order and pay for the Moderna vaccine at least 5 hours before it added the English language version. I wonder how this most-ethical of hospitals would explain that, maybe their English language FB guy was on a 5-hour potty break, though it does explain why very few Pattaya expats were able to make a booking before they ran out.

I personally talked with a what I guess was the nurse at reception as my wife wanted me to talk

with their English speaker in English as whenever I talk to them in Thai she says they obviously don't

understand because what I tell her they tell me never comes to fruition.  This is at Chiang Mai Bangkok Hospital and the date I chatted was 30 June 2021.  I specifically asked about the "new" program about patients paying in advance for Moderna shots.  She said no we have no more vaccines.  I said what don't you understand - the new program says that private Thai hospitals beginning on 1 July until 31 July will accept payment of 3400 baht for 2 shots, nurse care after shots and insurance.  She said oh

that must be at the main Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok because we have no infor on that but many people have been calling asking about it.  DUH?  Anyway I sent a note on TVforum asking if anyone has had any luck with this "new" program and if so at what private hospital - any here in CM?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lujanit said:

I telephoned Bumrangrad to see if I could pay for the Moderna vaccine.  I was told that I would be placed on the waiting list.  No price available now, it will be decided when the vaccines actually arrive.  So much for the 3400 baht total cost for two jabs.

3400 is probably for the actual vaccine. Hospitals will be left to set their own admin fees by themselves. So the price is likely to vary from hospital to hospital - as just about every other service they provides does. 

12 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

Clever deceptive headline context ! Thailand has not actually  bought, only committed to purchase when it is made available "sometime near end of year " ! Along with how many other Nations in same queue for whatever is gratuitously made available possibly/probably conditional on expressing appropriate political leanings and/or significance ?

If the urgency of response to the declared threat of the Covid-19 is genuine why is the medical technological capacity of the world being suppressed in terms of vaccine production to answer the problem ?

There is something seriously wrong !

Why is it that those many who have reaped the financial benefit of the ramifications imposed on a global population directly or indirectly enhancing the viability of  corporate profits are in the majority absent in any significant effort to display genuine  humanitarian assistance?

Purportedly the "top of the heap" Amazonian profiteer has more interest in surviving  10 minutes in space than concern for the welfare of slave category employees who enable that indulgence !

Marginally lesser members of same gross wealth are also very absent with the exception of  those who have expressed "concern" and participated in various commercial ventures of protected potential profitability.

Is there a more vicious and selfish species of animal on this planet than humans?

Between Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos, the two could vaccinate the world and still be billionaires.   

2 minutes ago, Presnock said:

I personally talked with a what I guess was the nurse at reception as my wife wanted me to talk

with their English speaker in English as whenever I talk to them in Thai she says they obviously don't

understand because what I tell her they tell me never comes to fruition.  This is at Chiang Mai Bangkok Hospital and the date I chatted was 30 June 2021.  I specifically asked about the "new" program about patients paying in advance for Moderna shots.  She said no we have no more vaccines.  I said what don't you understand - the new program says that private Thai hospitals beginning on 1 July until 31 July will accept payment of 3400 baht for 2 shots, nurse care after shots and insurance.  She said oh

that must be at the main Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok because we have no infor on that but many people have been calling asking about it.  DUH?  Anyway I sent a note on TVforum asking if anyone has had any luck with this "new" program and if so at what private hospital - any here in CM?

I had much the same experience in Pattaya on Tuesday after the PHA announcement about the Moderna vaccine. Bangkok Hospital must wait until the GPO confirms the number of doses that they will receive before taking bookings, so they will not be joining the programme on July 1st. Then sometime in the evening on June 30th they started taking bookings. Of course, the joke is that the GPO may have confirmed the number of doses that it intends to supply to the Bangkok hospitals group, but it's still in negotiations with Zuellig and probably won't actually receive any until early next year. The Bangkok hospital notice covers their backside in that case as it specifically says that the vaccine will be available between October and January 2022.

41 minutes ago, Presnock said:

any here in CM?

I would just Google Chaing Mai Moderna...

I think I recall some saying Chiang Mai Ram Hospital might be an option. Lanna Hospital is part of the THG group I think so that requires LINE.

From Chiang Mai Ram hospital today:

Dear all customers,
According to the meeting between Private Hospital Association and
Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), GPO will confirmed the
number of alternative vaccine, Moderna, ordered from private hospital
within June 2021. Due to a lot of legal technicalities and processes
vaccine expected dates of arrival and number of doses as follows.
●       The first lot is coming in October, 2021 for 4 million doses.
●       The second lot will be coming in 2021 for 3 million doses.
●       The third lot will be coming in 2022 for 3 million doses.
Source: https://www.thansettakij.com/content/covid_19/484178
In addition, according to an announcement on Chulabhorn Royal College’s
website (https://www.chulabhornhospital.com), Sinopharm vaccines are now
unavailable at any private hospitals as public contributions; as a
consequence, the vaccines will be only available for eligible
organizations that has been approved and would sent the vaccine to by
Chulabhorn Royal College. In conclusion please be informed that
Sinopharm is not available for private sale.
For any update about the alternative Covid-19 vaccines, reservation or
availability, please keep in touch with us for further announcement.

Edited by mtls2005

3 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Hasn't Moderna already said that all expected production for the rest of this year has already been ordered & paid for?

Their agent, Zuellig mentioned this. Probably to incentivize a Q2 booking - a sales compensaiton thing.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/moderna-se-asia-partner-says-regional-vaccine-supplies-booked-year-end-2021-06-29/

12 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

THey buy again?? how many times have they bought already and everytime the timeline changing. But from the 1st of July we are asked to register and pay in advance.... I don't think so.. Now October has changed again???

I just got phone message yesterday saying they have my moderna vaccine and I will get it last quarter of the year, in a few days they will send me details to pay for it haha, in their dreams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

Clever deceptive headline context ! Thailand has not actually  bought, only committed to purchase when it is made available "sometime near end of year " ! Along with how many other Nations in same queue for whatever is gratuitously made available possibly/probably conditional on expressing appropriate political leanings and/or significance ?

If the urgency of response to the declared threat of the Covid-19 is genuine why is the medical technological capacity of the world being suppressed in terms of vaccine production to answer the problem ?

There is something seriously wrong !

Why is it that those many who have reaped the financial benefit of the ramifications imposed on a global population directly or indirectly enhancing the viability of  corporate profits are in the majority absent in any significant effort to display genuine  humanitarian assistance?

Purportedly the "top of the heap" Amazonian profiteer has more interest in surviving  10 minutes in space than concern for the welfare of slave category employees who enable that indulgence !

Marginally lesser members of same gross wealth are also very absent with the exception of  those who have expressed "concern" and participated in various commercial ventures of protected potential profitability.

Is there a more vicious and selfish species of animal on this planet than humans?

"...imposed on a global population..."and please inform us as to imposed this calamity upon the world, or do you choose to blame those who actually spent untold sums and toiled to develop the remedies far superior to the ones the wretches who imposed it came up with ??? Do you work for free ???

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cnx101 said:

just got phone message yesterday saying they have my moderna vaccine

The desperation is palpable.

Guessing they have a deadline of CoB tomorrow to firm up orders.

So shaking down custoemrs for cash, boiler-room style today.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

As a species, this pandemic combined with climate change & plastics pollution is just the start of our decline & extinction. We are far, far worse than any animal!

BTW, don't forget the five new Moderna Billionaires...

Thailand has to unload all the Chinese junk they have purchased before they will order the good stuff.  they bet on the wrong horse in a desperate race for certain people to make a fast baht.  it is now recognized that the Sinovac fares poorly against the Delta strain of the virus and that the mRNA vaccines are more effective. 

1 hour ago, cnx101 said:

I just got phone message yesterday saying they have my moderna vaccine and I will get it last quarter of the year, in a few days they will send me details to pay for it haha, in their dreams.

Tell them you will pop round for it tomorrow and pay then....

Our company sell Vaccines we have 3 bands 2 are approve here in Thailand, our Vaccines are almost instant delivery, we been to many different government department, not one take, why, we not asking for money up front all purchase of 100% LC. 
We were told yesterday that they never believed we could supply, the only condition is the health department must sign off on the imports.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

strictly for the yellow shirts the rest dont matter

The side effects of this vaccine are devastating as is Pfeizer, also RNA vaccine; Thrombosis, orphan diseases, ect and after only 6 months of use; I leave my place to you, I do not have the vocation of a martyr or a guinea pig ....

20 minutes ago, Ken Lewis said:

Our company sell Vaccines we have 3 bands 2 are approve here in Thailand, our Vaccines are almost instant delivery, we been to many different government department, not one take, why, we not asking for money up front all purchase of 100% LC. 
We were told yesterday that they never believed we could supply, the only condition is the health department must sign off on the imports.

Which company is it?