NVI sourcing more vaccines after AstraZeneca shortfall

webfact

At this rate I expect it will be 2023 before Immigration demands proof of "woxin" as a condition of a visa extension.  I'm sure it's coming but in the present atmosphere of xenophobic "Thais First And Foreigners To The Back Of The Line" by the end of the year they'll still be fighting to get first shots to 70% of the population and second shots will be dragging well into 2022.  Hell, first shots will be dragging into 2022.  And by then the most frighten and fearful for their lives will be clamoring for their "boosters" which will drive demand even higher.  And with high demand were back to corporations demanding "boosters" for their factory and construction workers, government will demand "boosters" for their 'essential workers', Phuket/Pattaya/CM will demand "boosters" for their public facing tourism workers as well as everyone in the Sandbox/Sealed-routes while demand for second shots is rising as well.
For those who have no interest in taking a shot of a vaccine that is still in live trials, my guess is that shortages will exist well into 2022 and perhaps beyond.  Just offer to allow everyone else to cut in front of the line with a smile.  ????

10 hours ago, webfact said:

He projects that deaths from COVID-19 will rise from 992 in June to 1,400 in July, and then to 2,000 in August and 2,800 in September, ultimately crippling the public health system.

Unfortunately, even this grim projection looks optimistic to me. 

We are already at around 50 deaths a day, these reflecting cases from 2-3 weeks ago.

Cases have more or less doubled over the last 2 weeks, so I would be expecting around 100 deaths a day come mid July. If this plays out as I suggest, I reckon around 2,000 deaths in July and 3,000+ Deaths for August.

Throw into the mix an ‘ultimately crippled public health system’ and we are in serious, serious trouble within 4-6 weeks.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

wasn't he arrested for telling the truth?

I think for simply questioning the government narrative, he was threatened with a section 112. Unbelievable Thailand. In the UK we have a whole parliamentary session dedicated to challenging the government on any conceivable topic. It's called Prime Minister's Questions. It's televised.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bradiston said:

It's called Prime Minister's Questions. It's televised.

They have a version here.

It includes bananas and sanitizer.

But no goofy sound effects for some reason?

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

They have a version here.

It includes bananas and sanitizer.

But no goofy sound effects for some reason?

Yes, Emergency decree QZ421/54### says sanitize the banana prior to inserting. 

Actually, the situation is even worse than it's described here. It turns out that the reason Thailand will be getting only half the vaccines it projects it will need is because it was slow to order vaccines from Astra Zeneca. Anyway, the dismal article about this is in the Bangkok Post. If you do a search for

"Govt blasted for jab delay bangkok post" you should have no trouble finding it. It's an eye-opener.

• Like 1

I hope these numbers are just to frighten people into action.

On 7/3/2021 at 4:37 AM, smedly said:

"The Company" I thought this facility was Thai owned, why are they exporting 70% of production ?

They are a regional producer~there are contracts

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 4:18 AM, webfact said:

Thailand was slow to place its vaccination orders while reporting registration and orders for Pfizer brand jabs have been completed and are only pending contract signing.

Yep you know that signing a contract can take days sometimes months or years because of its complexity.