Another lockdown being considered by CCSA

webfact

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Thailand never had a full lock-down , just had curfews and restrictions in place . 

No one can say whether Covid was or wasnt eradicated because the lack of tests being done . 

Yes, it did have a lockdown. You could not travel without going through a temperature check and show the BiB your passport/driver's license. You also had to have a good reason like going to get food.

• Like 1

Just now, J Town said:

Yes, it did have a lockdown. You could not travel without going through a temperature check and show the BiB your passport/driver's license. You also had to have a good reason like going to get food.

That isnt a lockdown , those are restrictions .

A lock down is when you cannot leave your home , and that never happened 

Just now, cyril sneer said:

I haven't noticed any differences between last years lockdown and the one currently in place

What would be the main differences? 

Again, there were hard stop checkpoints where you had to show ID, get your temperature checked, and state the reason for travel.

2 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

I haven't noticed any differences between last years lockdown and the one currently in place

What would be the main differences? 

Last year there were night curfews , restaurants take-away only , malls closed , public transport stopped ,schools closed and a few other restrictions 

just where do they find a huge crowd of 10,000 people a day to test? How long does it take for testing and then results?Who makes up the death tally. Were they old ,sick obese? Very selective information. They should see how many places did not use lock downs which shows they have little effect. How many suicides are  caused by lock downs from people who cannot afford to feed themselves and family? . People need accurate information not just panic headlines.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, J Town said:

Another misconception. A vaccination prevents the majority of recipients from deadly symptoms, most of the vaccines prevent 100% hospitalizations. You can still have symptoms after getting the jab and you can still transmit the virus. Until people understand that, we'll never stomp out Covid.

The problem that they have with vaccines is that the one that they went with first sinovac is not working against anything other than the original virus.  GF works in hospital and they are all trying to get the AZ or moderna as they have no faith in the sino.  As she says it only prevents them from getting sick it does not prevent them from getting the virus.

When this first started there were people that remined us that there never was a vaccine for Sars and stated that there would neve be a vaccine that would eliminate the CORONAVIRUS.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I think they may be concerned because they are at risk of severe Covid symptoms.

No doubt. Restrictions placed on (the more dynamic in) societies decrease pandemic spread and increase the chances of the vulnerable surviving until we can finally put this bs pandemic behind us.

So I am not surprised that those who are/believe they are particularly vulnerable from Covid would be advocating tighter measures. They want to maximize their chances of surviving the pandemic so that they can...

1 hour ago, The Cipher said:

drink one more beer, watch one more movie, and sit on one more patio watching the world go by one more time.

Where's the lie?

• Like 1

At this point, limiting a lockdown to just a few provinces won't make sense anymore. Numbers from provinces reporting few Covid cases might also be unreliable - who knows how much testing they're actually doing.

They should have suspended public transport for interprovincial travel (flights, busses, vans and trains) a long time ago.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, J Town said:

There was nothing to stop people travelling within Bangkok.  I still went into work every day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

There's one teeny-weeny little issue there. The size of the vaccine stocks ???? 

Yes, and that is the giant pig flying around the room ... the idiots have wasted an entire year and the entire population is now defenseless and vulnerable against what's about to rip through the country like a hurricane ...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

That fake news has been denied by an official on twitter:

image.png.c9f156417b2fa0af41d558b4b8625ea6.png

The Health Ministry is sending out fake news then?

"The health ministry will propose measures first to limit travel and so that people do not leave their homes unless necessary," the ministry's permanent secretary, Kiatiphum Wongrajit, told reporters, noting a halt to inter-provincial travel was also being proposed.

Other measures being proposed include closing down non-essential venues and areas that attract crowds, Kiatiphum said.

The rules would be in place for 14 days and would cover the Bangkok metropolitan area and "buffer zones", Kiatiphum said, without elaborating.

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Decisions decisions..

Oh gosh just wait.  Wait until they get to 10,000 + a day then maybe do something.

Anutin wants Testing, Testing, Testing, so he'll get Cases, Cases. Cases.  Ramp up mass testing and 10,000 cases a day becomes 20,000.  Then the nationwide lockdown with the exception of < drumroll > Phuket.

"Come come to Delta Thailand."

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

There's one teeny-weeny little issue there. The size of the vaccine stocks ???? 

You forgot to include, the money is not available to purchase vaccines.

I normally reside in Chiang Mai however i have been in Manila since march last year, cannot get back yet.  Recently Philippines was recording 12,000 cases a day now they are at 5,000 or below.  This country has been under some from of curfew/restrictions since march last year.  There has not been a time when there is some form of restriction applied, getting used to them now.  One thing I do see here that appears to be well organised, the vaccine program, maybe that is making the difference.

Edited by steveyinasia
Corrected spelling mistake
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Here in Pattaya, the streets are filled with cars from Bangkok. It might be a bit late for a lockdown.

A lot of cars are residents that have their cars registered in Bangkok. I live in Chonburi, bought my car at Benz Pattaya but it's registered in Bangkok. 

• Like 1