Another lockdown being considered by CCSA

webfact

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Various comments by authorities regarding 'possible lockdowns' is just about getting folks head around the fact that lockdown is coming.

Hopefully it will include holiday travel out of Bangkok.

I see on Facebook a lot of expats from Bangkok vacationing on Kho Samui etc... not sure how this is possible in the middle of a new COVID wave

Edited by GrandPapillon

28 minutes ago, Seeall said:

perhaps not.. all the delays are about how to make cash and who gets what %  it takes time to organise these tea deals you know..

Especially with these people with the IQ of a fruitfly (only wish they had the lifespan of the fruitfly as well)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

The only affective way that the lockdowns can work is not to advertise that they are going to start sometime in the future which gives the people time to spread all around the country before the lockdown commences. "Sorry folks but you cannot go anywhere because the lockdown started last night at midnight and you missed it" is what is needed for any lockdown to be effective.

Vietnam has pretty much done things Russellau17's way - about 100 deaths total.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrandPapillon said:

I see on Facebook a lot of expats from Bangkok vacationing on Kho Samui etc... not sure how this is possible in the middle of a new COVID wave

What do you mean? 

You want to go to an island then arrange transport and go.

7 minutes ago, kimamey said:

It did seem much better controlled then and there were less cases and deaths. There may well have been a lack of testing and transparency that kept the figures low but I doubt that the current increase in numbers is down to a change to aggressive testing and honesty in reporting cases and deaths. 

I'm not there now but if I were I'd support restrictions if they were well organised and would help.

Yeah and the last part of your post is the most difficult and non excisting here . Organisation ???????????? help???????????? to little to late . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

Is this the same lockdowns that we had last year ? The ones that most Thias, and ex pats just ignored ?

Had road checkpoints all over, but always next to a slip or side road, so just go round.

No beer, no worries, just go out early morning to back door to stock up 

Had no problems riding bike or car to surrounding towns to go shopping/drinking 

Plus malls closed (except for supermarkets) schools closed, restaurants closed, all domestic air suspended and a night time curfew, but yea apart from this it will most likely be similar to the last one.  So basically you can go out but there isn't really anywhere to go except to buy food and drinks or maybe a park.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J Town said:

When they locked down tight the first time, it appeared to work very well. Reported cases went to zero, no hospitalizations, done and done. Then they reopened the borders without preparing a national vaccination campaign and now we're worse off then we were at the beginning.

The first lockdown was ok, even if I just came to Thailand on my monthly travel, but fall direct into the alcohol ban. Good if you have good Thai Neighbors ????

But, do you really believe that there were several month no Covid in Thailand?

Do you really believe that there was no border run of illegal workers in both direction under open Eyes and Hand of the IO before Dec 20?

I just try to come in September from Singapore and scare I can't fly finally home to Thailand

13 minutes ago, laislica said:

I'm 79, I've only used sunscreen on my forehead. 

Otherwise I only expose skin for a few minutes at the start of the summer (in Europe), the  gradually increasing exposure time. 

More scary tactics to sell more products. 

Be wise and don't get burned. 

I also take a minimum of 10-15grams of vitamin C daily, and if unwell much more. 

For a severe   chest infection, 80g in a day. 

Go doctoryourself.com a d see for yourself. 

I buy 5Kg ascorbic acid online  costs about €80 a d keeps me safe for about a year. 

You should consider to use iodine mouthwash especially after you was out, but not daily

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Yeah and the last part of your post is the most difficult and non excisting here . Organisation ???????????? help???????????? to little to late . 

Absolutely right unfortunately 

22 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

No. money to buy vaccines?  Not foreign ones.  The group "Mor Mai Thon" petitioned parliament yesterday to buy mRNA vaccines and to disclose information about the procurement and distribution of vaccines.  Good luck on that.  The government has already said that details can't be released because the prices of the vaccines must be kept confidential.

Regarding the Pfizer vaccine to be donated, The Chulabhorn chief says that it should not be given to health care professionals as a third shot since it might discourage the populus from getting vaccinated now with a non-mRNA vaccine.  That seems to be a small problem when so many people are dying to be vaccinated with ANY vaccine to avoid serious illness.  Why not publicise the information that vaccination with any of the vaccines first and an mRNA vaccine later is the best strategy to avoid serious symptoms the soonest?  Following a Sinovac shot with a shot of a different offers very good protection.

Why do you think Anutin organized the Sinoxxxx and AstraZeneca?

Because it is a cheap one.

300Million to pay for another lockdown. Can buy a lot of vaccine from that, but have to order much earlier

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Decisions decisions..

Oh gosh just wait.  Wait until they get to 10,000 + a day then maybe do something.

No no no.  First they need 129,000 arrivals in Phuket.  Then! Maybe do something!

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

regardless how many lock downs they have they all will have the same ending as they are not done properly, so one more one less it's all same same.... when a fruit tree is not producing what it was intended to do, the best and easy solution is to cut the roots off 

(Sarcasm and double meaning)

Spot on.  Put some thought into the rules you need to impose to achieve your objective, that being to try to stop the spread of COVID.  Don't randomly pluck ideas out of the air in a chaotic jumble.  Once you've done that, enforce the rules properly, then you might have some success.  This also takes co-operation and help from those upon whom the lockdowns are being imposed, so be reasonable and try to help, financially, those who will suffer most.

And then I woke up and realised that I was in Thailand.

Judging from what I see, particularly with regards to the sale of alcohol in restaurants and 'closed' pubs and bars, many are simply ignoring the rules, which are a complete nonsense anyway.  But if you are in that business, or any other for that matter, and there is no alternative source of income, what do you expect.  You're never going to get enough proper financial assistance to even partially negate the financial loss.  Die of starvation, suicide caused by depression, COVID, or whatever, you're still dead.  So you can understand why some wonder what's the point in following the rules, which have been imposed by those who preach 'do as I say, not as I do', whilst offering no sensible and workable solutions to the problem.

But most important of all.  Organise a viable and workable vaccination programme.

Suggested by one who had an appointment to be vaccinated today, but unfortunately they didn't have any vaccines, or any idea when they might have any.  Great.

TiT. 

Edited by mikosan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, rayw said:

Yes and this is almost entirely the governments fault for not getting CV19 vaccines rolled out far far more quickly and indeed they could have joined Covax to ensure we had more available supplies and by now most of us vaccinated.  No time for worrying about losing face now as people's lives and livlihoods are at stake.  There have been available supplies of Sinovac, Sinopharm and Sputnie V around for a long time and which are all good vaccines that are very very effecive against death and serious illness hospitalisations. So no need to import what I consider dangerous experimenal mRNA vaccines from US big greedy pharma with their priority to make high profits before care for the well being of you and I. 

What is so so important now is to urgently ensure that ALL the most vulnerable groups of people who are living here, or indeed currently even just trapped here, and whether Thai or Farangs, are fully CV19 vaccinated right now.  Once they are after two shot fully protected with the risk of death and serious illness much much lower or approaching zero, and as is mostly the case anyway in non vulnerable  younger and fitter folk, then lockdown is no longer so necessary and simple sensible travel restrictions and masks will suffice until all the people have had or had the opportunity to have had one of the good safe CV19 vaccines (NO not mRNA!).   

Completely rational and logical to me wihtout needing to be a medical professional expert.

Thailand appears to be paying more for Sinovac that the cost of the mRNA vaccines leaked in Europe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

same Hua Hin.

A few people have filtered into the village.  The local authorities walked by while I was weeding the garden yesterday.  They were on their way to do a "without notice" check on the Army kid from Yala who is in a 2 week home quarantine.  That's the way it works out here in the Northern Thai boondocks.  Everyone in the village is a watchdog. All the outsiders are being watched by everyone. Nobody wants this **** blossoming locally. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikosan said:

But most important of all.  Organise a viable and workable vaccination programme.

Suggested by one who had an appointment to be vaccinated today, but unfortunately they didn't have any vaccines, or an idea when they might have any.  Great.

TiT. 

Correct ! Probably your vaccine went to a HiSo on one of their 'special deals'.

13 minutes ago, MayPutThai said:

You should consider to use iodine mouthwash especially after you was out, but not daily

Thanks  Or just put a drop off iodine on your wrist, if it disappears quickly you are short of iodine.  Check monthly. 

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Check your irony filters chaps...

Irony filters!  I love that one.  That goes into my list of expressive expression!  Right above Reality Goggles! 

Edited by metisdead
Over-sized emoji removed.

1 hour ago, connda said:

Irony filters!  I love that one.  That goes into my list of expressive expression!  Right above Reality Goggles! 

Thanks, it was aimed at a couple of chaps who, judging by their confused/sad emojis got the wrong angle on the post.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Clydesdale said:

Correct ! Probably your vaccine went to a HiSo on one of their 'special deals'.

Yeah.  Like your Moderna shots which are going to the staff, families, and friends of private hospital employees plus all the local puu-yai and anyone with connections. 
"OK- Registration is OPEN!!!"
<fingers tapping on table...3......2......1>
"And CLOSED!  Solly!  Try again later. So sad too bad."

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

Thanks, it was aimed at a couple of chaps who, judging by their confused/sad emojis got the wrong angle on the post.

I hear ya!

Mrs Connda and I will be finishing our prep shopping tomorrow.  After tomorrow?

Bring it on, baby!  Lock it down!

Edited by metisdead
Over-sized emoji removed.
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

In a lockdown, would the airports be closed ?  Have a flight for Monday but will be coming from Kanchanaburi to Bangkok. 

Jeez, that must be the shortest flight in Thailand - i’d feel safer on the train sitting in the stairwell.