Thailand reports record high of 75 Covid-19 deaths, 7,058 new cases

webfact

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

If this does not get them moving forward with provincial lockdowns and no travel, I do not know what to say.  I feel bad for those who have traveled to the sandbox for a vacation which could have included travel elsewhere in Thailand, but why travel internationally especially to a country where the cases are continuing to stack up daily as well as deaths and the populace is barely even vaccinated.

My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost a loved one, and this government needs to accept full responsibility instead of passing the buck as they have created the fiasco we are now seeing by their poor attempt at handling this, but then so have other countries, yet we are just now entering the dark days.

missing the point..

the visitor in phuket came for a 14 days holiday  only ..No matter of their intention, most of them will go home .  the rest will not be able to go anywhere to any provinces. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Wait until the Lambda variant hits….

It needs to outcompete Delta for hosts....is it more transmissible, and has it been shown to outcomete delta in other countries? It it can outcompete delta it is also likely to be milder - deadly viruses kill their hosts and tend to spread less quickly. 

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Maxed out is a slang term. It has no precise technical meaning. Failure is measured in numbers of people who are turned away, fail to find adequate accommodation, or receive needed services.  Not by a theoretical number of free rooms somewhere.

Bangkok hospitals began to fail when they started turning away patients and ill people could not find proper and timely accommodation, or had to leave Bangkok altogether.

Unfortunately, you don’t understand why the system maxing out has significance. 

The number of hospital walk-in admissions is predictive of future near term overall new cases. At least it is until the number of walk-in cases is completely capped by capacity, ie, the system is maxed. We’ll know that if the number of admissions = discharges, ie people can only be admitted when a bed is freed by a discharge.

Contrary to an earlier post, the predictive value of the number of walk-in cases is not dependent on how long someone has waited for a bed.

Once admissions = discharges, then the next milestone is when admissions are fewer than discharges, which will tell us that the epidemic is waning. Of course, it might be temporary, as it was a few weeks ago.

Clearly, the most vocal types here don’t want to hear about this, so I welcome them posting 100 times about the incompetence of some official, I am sure that is a lot more interesting. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Happening in Indonesia as well. Now it's infecting the young and there is a shortage of oxygen.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/06/warning-over-children-as-indonesia-suffers-its-worst-covid-outbreak?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

With all the young crowding into Wembley, and pubs for the football last night, infection rates are likely to spike amongst the younger age groups now.

Delta variant spreading fast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

6,990 admissions, 4,978 discharges, so they squeezed 2,000 people into full hospitals. Let’s see what happens tomorrow.

Or into community centers, or into field hospitals, or on pavements outside the hospital, or in construction worker camps, or some other kind of bubble and seal facility.

Covid cases don’t just go into proper hospitals for proper medical treatment.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

The prime minister posted on his Facebook that he has called for a CCSA meeting tomorrow. “We may need to impose more stringent measures to limit travel, stop group activities, close more locations, and take other necessary measures.” He promised “to take good care of everyone”.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1413077988476817408

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said today (Thursday) tougher measures are necessary to handle the rising COVID-19 infections and deaths over the past few weeks, as further restrictions proposed today by the Public Health Ministry are to be deliberated by the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) which he chairs tomorrow.

More:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-pm-says-tougher-covid-19-measures-are-necessary/

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Happening in Indonesia as well. Now it's infecting the young and there is a shortage of oxygen.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/06/warning-over-children-as-indonesia-suffers-its-worst-covid-outbreak?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

With all the young crowding into Wembley, and pubs for the football last night, infection rates are likely to spike amongst the younger age groups now.

Delta variant spreading fast.

I think the UK has given up on worrying about cases. Hospitalizations and deaths seems to be their focus now.

sorry, a bit off topic from Thailand Covid.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rabas said:

Too late here, at least before hitting 10s of thousands per day. Exponential rises only stop accelerating after strong concerted measures. Thailand is out of ammunition. Testing has maxed out, they don't have the labs or equipment, hospitals are already full, patients are lining up in the streets, and adequate vaccines are not on the horizon, even if they could tell the truth for once.  (thanks Anutin). 

But Phuket is “open.” You’ve gotta laugh. If the situation wasn’t so dire.

15 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Or into community centers, or into field hospitals, or on pavements outside the hospital, or in construction worker camps, or some other kind of bubble and seal facility.

Covid cases don’t just go into proper hospitals for proper medical treatment.

You are basically saying that there is some large number of people who need to be hospitalized, but there isn't capacity for them. We can't count those people, for obvious reasons. 

At the same time, we have data on actual admissions to hospitals. 

I guess you are suggesting that we ignore the available data, and just go with our feelings. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Once admissions = discharges, then the next milestone is when admissions are fewer than discharges, which will tell us that the epidemic is waning. Of course, it might be temporary, as it was a few weeks ago.”

so in fact, it tells us nothing because whatever it tells us, it could be temporary?

thanks for all the posts about a meaningless theory.

It tells us about near term infections.  The hospital walk-in data is sufficiently important that it is used by contact tracers to identify new clusters. 

I guess you're not a data guy. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It tells us about near term infections.  The hospital walk-in data is sufficiently important that it is used by contact tracers to identify new clusters. 

As long as it's not "MAXED OUT".

Think I'm getting the hang of the game.

So if walk in don't get to walk in because doors shut then the contact tracers can't trace. More importantly since they are not even seen or tested then we never get to me "Maxed Out".

I get it now. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Hi tech….they have fans.

They're all waiting for the numbers to be announced tomorrow  by a certain poster here to see if they'll have a bed waiting for them inside

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Govt 2 consider asking residents of Metro Bangkok 2 avoid being outside home from 10pm-4pm & avoid unnecessary travelling outside home except for buying grocery, medicines or 4 vaccinations. Decision to be made tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/PravitR/status/1413147507761156103

I think that might be 4am not 4pm!