Foreigners aged over 60 in Bangkok to be given priority for AstraZeneca vaccine

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The doses will be administered primarily to people aged over 60 or those with underlying health conditions in Bangkok. 

I wonder if it will go to Thai's first, even though they say foreigners as well ?

A shipment of one million doses of the vaccine arrived in Thailand from Japan on Friday (July 10). 

Definitely loss of face for this administration, Anutin needs to go, straight after the PM !

• Haha 1

Foreigners and Thais aged over 60 will be given priority to receive doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine recently donated to Thailand from Japan.

And no doubt each and every Thai national aged 60+ will first need to have received both their jabs before a single drop of this generous Japanese donation finds its way into the arm of a foreigner!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

The biggest question I have is that the hospital I received my first dose at is MedPark Hopsital here in BKK.  I am scheduled for my second vaccination there on the 16th of September, and I wonder if that will be done or canceled.  This is getting to be a fluster cluck for all.  They make getting a vaccination even harder then doing your 90 day reports online, which does not work when it should.....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bkk_bwana said:

If you are told to register at one of two hospitals,

Don't live in Bangkok....there is no "local health authority", at least not one that deals with foreigners. The local health authority was the group giving vaccinations in Central Westgate which is why I innquired as to whether I could also get jabbed. They cleary had  no idea of how to register a foreigner.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, smedly said:

apart from all the issues mentioned already on this thread - due to the lack of vaccine supply even if you manage to get one shot of AZ how likely do you think it will be that you will get the required 2nd shot, this vaccination is a 2 shot process, there is really no point in getting one shot if you are never going to see the 2nd shot at the recommended interval - these million donated vaccines suddenly becomes half that when you count them as fully vaccinated -  so good luck with that 

I fled BKK temporarily months ago to Phuket, its working out so far - #1 AZ recently done, #2 AZ September 23. ( I was proactive to make it happen though ).  Yes it appears to be a complete 'shambles/cluster' for most sadly.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, bkk_bwana said:

I'm not defending the cluster at all. It is a shambles, I totally agree. That's not the point though. If you are told to register at one of two hospitals, isn't that the most sensible route to take? If that does not work, by all means complain, but don't expect some overworked Thai health worker at a vaccination site that you randomly show up at to speak your own language. 

That was the only option provided and the hospitals are not accepting registrations until a set time this week and we will see how that works - in the case of second hospital they stated no vaccine available this month so time will tell what happens for those that manage to register but perhaps this new AZ will be available.  Weeks ago we had the 'simple' online registration method - that as you note was a complete shambles for most, even those that repeatedly tried.   Hope, and believe, hospitals will get it working much better.  Hope things work much better this week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pattaya1234was said:

It does take a lot of effort to obtain a vaccination but, from my experience and living in Pattaya, it is not that difficult. Yes you have to travel to Bangkok but that is not an impossibility, taxi return plus waiting 2400 baht. The National Vaccination Centre at Bang Sue railway station is the place to make for.  It is primarily for over75's-farangs included, but it appears that one person under 75 can accompany you as their carer and also get vaccinated. It is all very well planned , very clean, uncrowded and fast. The AZ vaccine is being used. I left Pattaya at 8am and was back home by 1.30pm. The whole procedure showed Thai people at their best-well done to them.

On every day this week different groups of friends have followed this procedure with success., and gratitude.

You have a few days left to take advantage-up to you!

Many thanks for this detailed info. Much appreciated.

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The biggest question I have is that the hospital I received my first dose at is MedPark Hopsital here in BKK.  I am scheduled for my second vaccination there on the 16th of September, and I wonder if that will be done or canceled.  This is getting to be a fluster cluck for all.  They make getting a vaccination even harder then doing your 90 day reports online, which does not work when it should.....

I also wonder about the off again on again for people over 65 for the use of the AZ vaccine. Does it really work for us over 65's or is it because there's a shortage of vaccines?

6 hours ago, tonray said:

I can't even find the line !

If you are "lucky" like me to be older than 75 you can go until 18 July without any pre-registration to Gate 1 of Bang Sue Railway Station and get Astrazeneca / I did it during afternoon hours in less than 30 minutes and they only wanted to see my passport - not asking in which province I lived - and eventually what kind of medication it took / the only problem is to find a parking

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I also wonder about the off again on again for people over 65 for the use of the AZ vaccine. Does it really work for us over 65's or is it because there's a shortage of vaccines?

That is a very good question, and one that needs some research through the studies that have been done so far.  At one time it was only for over 60's here in Thailand and the Sinovac for under 60's

I did find this from Australia, and its the most recent info

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-17/atagi-to-change-astrazeneca-age-rules-covid-vaccine/100222464

I also found that there may be problems traveling to the US if vaccinated with the AZ vaccine as it has not been approved there, but then this article alludes to a different view by the PM of Canada

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-astrazeneca-travellers-1.6071320

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pattaya1234was said:

It does take a lot of effort to obtain a vaccination but, from my experience and living in Pattaya, it is not that difficult. Yes you have to travel to Bangkok but that is not an impossibility, taxi return plus waiting 2400 baht. The National Vaccination Centre at Bang Sue railway station is the place to make for.  It is primarily for over75's-farangs included, but it appears that one person under 75 can accompany you as their carer and also get vaccinated. It is all very well planned , very clean, uncrowded and fast. The AZ vaccine is being used. I left Pattaya at 8am and was back home by 1.30pm. The whole procedure showed Thai people at their best-well done to them.

On every day this week different groups of friends have followed this procedure with success., and gratitude.

You have a few days left to take advantage-up to you!

When did you get the Vax, what documents do you need to take and when is the last date to get one at Bang Sue? I assume it is a walk in facility. I will go as soon as I have your answers. Thx