Royal Gazette announces new COVID-19 restrictions starting Monday

Jonathan Fairfield

AP21176455446907.jpeg

A construction site sits empty in Bangkok, Thailand, Friday, June 25, 2021. As Thailand has struggled unsuccessfully to lower the number of new COVID-19 cases and related deaths during its third and worst wave of coronavirus infections. (AP Photo/Sakchai Lalit)

All the restrictive measures announced by the country’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Friday, in an attempt to contain the rapid surge in COVID-19 infections in Thailand, have been published in the Royal Gazette, making them enforceable.

All 77 provinces are defined as either “maximum controlled and restricted zones”, “maximum controlled zones”, “controlled zones” or “maximum watch zones”.

The “maximum controlled and restricted zones” are Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Narathiwat, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Pattani, Yala, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon and Songkhla.

“Maximum controlled zones” are Krabi, Kanchanaburi, Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Chainat, Tak, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Nakhon Sawan, Prachuap Khiri, Prachin Buri, Ayutthaya, Phetchaburi, Ranong, Rayong, Ratchaburi, Lop Buri, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Sing Buri, Suphan Buri, Ang Thong and Uthai Thani.

The “controlled zones” are Kalasin, Kamphaeng Phet, Khon Kaen, Chanthaburi, Chaiyaphum, Chumpon, Trang, Trat, Buri Ram, Phatthalung, Phichit, Phitsanuloke, Phetchabun, Maha Sarakham, Roi-et, Loei, Si Sa Ket, Satun, Sa Kaeo, Sukhothai, Surat Thani, Surin, Udon Thani and Ubon Ratchathani.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-royal-gazette-announces-new-covid-19-restrictions-starting-monday/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-07-11

4 minutes ago, pagallim said:

What isn't very clear are the differing criteria of control measures between the 'zones', i.e. what's the difference between a  Maximum Controlled Zone and a Controlled Zone, or indeed a Controlled Zone and a Maximum Watch Zone?

Chonburi is Red, but not Dark Red. So, the new restrictions do not apply to Chonburi.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Chonburi is Red, but not Dark Red. So, the new restrictions do not apply to Chonburi.

Yes, the dark red is reasonably clear, but what about the other categories, because all they are at the moment is just names.

40 minutes ago, pagallim said:

What isn't very clear are the differing criteria of control measures between the 'zones', i.e. what's the difference between a  Maximum Controlled Zone and a Controlled Zone, or indeed a Controlled Zone and a Maximum Watch Zone?

This is a big issue. I have an international flight booked for Tuesday, i am travelling from Udon. Cannot travel before Monday and already have had 2 domestic flights cancelled. My last flying option will likely be cancelled today. That leaves State railways and coaches, but couldn't find anything definitive online - just that bus services will be reduced to one a day (which service? what time? what bus station?). 

Also an issue is that if i travel to Bangkok and my international flight is cancelled, i face a 2 week quarantine if i return to Udon Thani. I am old enough that Covid-19 exposure is an issue.

Today will be visits to many locations to find out what is happening.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Sounds a nightmare, good luck..

Look! It's compassion! We need more of THIS folks. Not friction and animosity. Nice job, pagallim. Kudos to you, and good luck to rickudon. And everybody for that matter.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I had better let my cat know that Hua Hin is in a “Maximum Controlled Zone”. 

be careful your cat does n't catch an infected covid mouse and brings it home to you as a gift.

• Haha 2

Well that's as clear as muddy water, how I read it is the Maximum Controlled Restricted areas have all the restrictions listed whereas the rest of the country carries on as beforehand or maybe I am just confused. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dsj said:

I Like how they still allow night markets and flea markets to stay open to 8pm, meanwhile everything else is being shut, aren't they trying to avoid large crowds?

I would think it has something to do for people to buy some essential things like food.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rickudon said:

This is a big issue. I have an international flight booked for Tuesday, i am travelling from Udon. Cannot travel before Monday and already have had 2 domestic flights cancelled. My last flying option will likely be cancelled today. That leaves State railways and coaches, but couldn't find anything definitive online - just that bus services will be reduced to one a day (which service? what time? what bus station?). 

Also an issue is that if i travel to Bangkok and my international flight is cancelled, i face a 2 week quarantine if i return to Udon Thani. I am old enough that Covid-19 exposure is an issue.

Today will be visits to many locations to find out what is happening.

As a last resort could you enquire with some car rental companies about hiring a car in Udon and dropping off at Suv. airport...? A long drive I know but at least you can get there!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

where in the world 14 days soft lockdown made any difference? does this Thai  CCSA even has an internet access?

Well, yes they do.  Unfortunately their very cute intern responsible for Englit translation has

recommended that the Association members respond to questions regarding their actions

with the phrase  :   Go Girl !  Go Girl !

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

As a last resort could you enquire with some car rental companies about hiring a car in Udon and dropping off at Suv. airport...? A long drive I know but at least you can get there!!!

yes......... or a driver to drive him