travel pattaya ---bkk

HKwang 12

I seem to remember that last time they had travel restrictions "Returning to your Home" was accepted as an essential reason for travelling. 

Does anybody know if it's the same this time only I've been on a 6 week house hunting trip in Chonburi and need to go back to Bangkok at the end of the month to pack up my condo for moving at the end of August. 

I guess if I really get stuck I can book another month here & see if my current landlord will let me keep the condo for an extra month but I'd rather not throw away 20K in rent if I can help it. 

I guess it will be at the discretion of whoever is staffing the checkpoint.  If you're not Thai, and don't speak Thai, what will they do?  I have a feeling you'll be let through, rather than risk a lengthy confrontation and holding up traffic!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I seem to remember that last time they had travel restrictions "Returning to your Home" was accepted as an essential reason for travelling. 

Does anybody know if it's the same this time only I've been on a 6 week house hunting trip in Chonburi and need to go back to Bangkok at the end of the month to pack up my condo for moving at the end of August. 

I guess if I really get stuck I can book another month here & see if my current landlord will let me keep the condo for an extra month but I'd rather not throw away 20K in rent if I can help it. 

I'm sure it will be OK.  I plan to drive from Bangkok to Rayong (and back) to collect my family later this week; I find it difficult to believe that I won't be allowed to this.

2 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

What does the person fill in if they don't have a Thai ID number.  I tried my passport number but it won't accept that. 

I guess you just don't bother with it.  Much like the QR code for going into shops etc, most people ended up not bothering.  Different rules for "farangs" (hopefully!).

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

I guess you just don't bother with it.  Much like the QR code for going into shops etc, most people ended up not bothering.  Different rules for "farangs" (hopefully!).

Dont know but it won't allow you to leave it blank either. 

26 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Dont know but it won't allow you to leave it blank either. 

Yeah, just don't bother with the form at all.  Maybe an English version will be issued soon.  They'll just have to ask foreigners verbally where they're going and why.

7 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

You are in the same circumstance as me 555

8 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yeah, just don't bother with the form at all.  Maybe an English version will be issued soon.  They'll just have to ask foreigners verbally where they're going and why.

Dollars to donuts, there won't be an English form. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Dollars to donuts, there won't be an English form. 

travel registration system by the Center for Management of the Epidemic of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (BACC).

travel information

Name *

Last Name *

ID Card Number (Do Not Include Dashes) *

Contact Number (Do Not Include Dashes)

travel from

Province *

District/District *

Sub-District/Sub-District *

Destination (1)

Province *

District/District *

destination (2)

Province

District/District

Sub-District/Sub-District

destination (3)

Province

District/District

• List is empty.

Departure time *

:

Expected return time *

:

Travel Purpose

Required *

Sorry for the above post, I meant to include;  There isn't an English version but if using Google Chrome, you can right click and translate the form from Thai to English.

2 hours ago, bbko said:

travel registration system by the Center for Management of the Epidemic of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (BACC).

travel information

Name *

Last Name *

ID Card Number (Do Not Include Dashes) *

Contact Number (Do Not Include Dashes)

travel from

Province *

District/District *

Destination (1)

Province *

District/District *

destination (2)

Province

District/District

destination (3)

Province

District/District

• List is empty.

Departure time *

:

Expected return time *

:

Travel Purpose

Required *

Thai ID number required!!!!

It's not usable for most expats.

17 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Surely that would work wherever you are going..... it would seem remiss if they didn't want to know 'coming from where'......?

Historically these checks have not lasted.... my Mrs went out yesterday to change her library books in Naklua, hardly essential. The road block she passed  through was a tent and some empty chairs, 

This thread is specifically about driving between Pattaya and Bangkok.  There have been a few posts on other threads indicating that (currently) there are no restrictions or checks on the motorway (7).  It would seem the checkpoints are only within Pattaya itself, but there doesn't appear to be one when you join the motorway, nor are there any that I've heard about in Bangkok, before joining the motorway to go back to Pattaya.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

All I have is an SMS.   And an email that just says my registration was completed. 

I contacted them via their one stop service via their website, actually asking about which vaccine.

They replied by email, fairly quickly, confirming the appointment and the vaccine, I'll print that email.

https://phyathai2international.com/en/contact

On 7/17/2021 at 4:09 AM, Jingthing said:

I have the exact same issue as I know many others do too, especially now that MEDPARK in Bangkok seems to have so many doses to offer (unlike the other "lottery" type options that are now over).

STILL OPEN FOR BOOKINGS:

Covid19 Vaccine Expats - MedPark Hospital

You are exactly correct that there was a short period during a previous restricted time where City Hall forms were a thing, but that was indeed cancelled for pretty obvious reasons (as you a great way to get infected) and thus far there has been no new announcements of a new permission form regime.

In theory your SMS should be adequate. In theory. 

But I think you're missing something. Maybe something big.

Permission to travel is only ONE part of it.

Now there is some kind of policy to require 14 day quarantines when returning.

This just started and the mechanics of it are not even half baked. We will have to wait if this is really going to be for real. CCSA today was alluding to a new policy of severe interprovincial travel restrictions and said specific details would follow in their next announcement.

So here we are in Pattaya, BLOCKED from access to local vaccines, we found a way to get vaccines in Bangkok, and now this.

Another issue which you alluded to is that your taxi driver thinks you need the City Hall permission. I think for now he's probably wrong and they stopped that. But seriously, why would taxi drivers even accept customers for this if there is any uncertainty about what will happen to THEM, the drivers, as a consequence?

This is obviously a developing story. There are no definitive answers yet.

And now inter-provincial buses have been stopped from running many people will have to rely on a taxi service to get to Bangkok and back.

• Like 1

This link does not seem to work on my iPhone but only on my desktop. That is not a problem for the outward journey but I have no desktop in Bangkok for the return journey. UPDATE EDIT ; I found that accessing this link via the forum's phone app allows this link to work on the phone. 

Edited by PeterCouling
new info

Had a car take me from Pattaya to Bangkok this morning for a medical appt. and just got back to north Pattaya.  Absolutely no checkpoints any place on the highway or in the city free sailing all the way and back.  Not saying it is necessarily a good thing for the current situation, just reporting my experience today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1