Army says no truth to rumor soldiers pictured at airport were flying to USA to get vaxxed

webfact

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Neither Sinovac or AZ is approved for use in the US. So what were they vaccinated with?

Which means that they'll be getting US made vaccinations as soon as they arrive on base. 

Here's the problem with government.  They're wired to lie.
The statement the spokeperson made is essentially true - the purpose of the trip is not to get vaccinated.
However - just be honest and state what I stated above and be 100% honest. 
No, they aren't traveling to the US for the purpose of getting vaccinations.  Yes, when they get their the will probably receive vaccinations as the US neither recognizes AZ nor Sinovac.  The Sinovac inoculated soldiers will be getting shot 100% guaranteed. 

But instead - half-truths.  Which is why most people don't trust the government. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thailand is far from being "overwhelmed" by any variant.   Have you ever looked at the US's Covid figures?!   

By the way, none of the other vaccines can guarantee to stop the spread, either, unless you believe that no vaccinated person in the US has been infected!

Doing a fair job of looking overwhelmed......

Deaths yesterday per capita....USA 129/328  (0.39/mil) Thailand 80/70  (1.14/mil)

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, connda said:

Which means that they'll be getting US made vaccinations as soon as they arrive on base. 

Here's the problem with government.  They're wired to lie.
The statement the spokeperson made is essentially true - the purpose of the trip is not to get vaccinated.
However - just be honest and state what I stated above and be 100% honest. 
No, they aren't traveling to the US for the purpose of getting vaccinations.  Yes, when they get their the will probably receive vaccinations as the US neither recognizes AZ nor Sinovac.  The Sinovac inoculated soldiers will be getting shot 100% guaranteed. 

But instead - half-truths.  Which is why most people don't trust the government. 

I believe a story circulated on TVF a month or so ago about the US/Biden vaccinating the South Korean army. For some reason I don't remember, it all fell through, except that the vaccine ended up going to South Korea anyway and nobody really traced what happened afterwards. At least that is what I remember. What we can see is the US government goes to great lengths to get workarounds on issues that if exposed to the clearness of daylight would cause criticism. I'm not sure what is going on with this story. But in light of the other topic today where an editorial simultaneously praised Japan and criticized the US for their vaccine donations to Thailand, something seems to be in the works

Edited by John Drake
  • Like 2

Personally I would love to see Cobra Gold (Feb 2022) re-tasked to improve the COVID situation in Thailand with a joint effort.

Bring in 20 MM doses, medical equipment and supplies. Deliver and administer vaccines throughout the country.

Or just dick around, put on some camo facepaint, wade ashore and go whoring in Pattaya. Same-same.

If this trip is all above-board why not issue a press release at the time highlighting this trip, it's importance to the Thai people, who went, why they went and the costs.

Why wait until a photo leaks, and then claim that all is "normal".

This photo leak might have been the prompt for increased censorship powers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

North Carolina where they would undertake parachute training

Can they not fall out of a plane over Thailand to 'practice' ?

the difference is that the US parachutes actually open

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Heng said:

Meaning: when they are off duty, they'll be able to get vaccinated if they want... all they have to do is wander into a Safeway or Kroger's.   Some may choose not to of course.   

Why would they want to do that when they're already vaccinated?   More to the point, would they be allowed to do that seeing as many people are knocked for six for a few days after the vaccination?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

Will their jump wings be different to the jump wings that every other Tom, Dick and Harry with a uniform in Thailand seems to have?

That always gets me.  That and teachers with medal ribbons....

In most Western countries, I don't think anyone would dare to wear something they didn't earn, so it just seems super weird to see all these insignia on display that is basically meaningless.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Huh?  They're army personnel, why would they not be able to get necessary inoculation/boosters in Thailand?

Pfizer/Moderna/Janssen not available here. 

Don't want to be accused of favouritism. 

Don't want to lose face. 

Don't want the Chinese to lose face. 

Etc. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

And there is something equally disturbing. Were these soldiers vaccinated in order to go to the US? Or was it part of a regular routine of army vaccination? In either case, it means young men in top physical condition, for whom Covid is less dangerous, were given priority over Thai people who were elderly, frail, and susceptible to infection. It also means vaccines were taken from fighting Covid clusters to being used for extraneous purposes--international travel. Bad prioritization.

Unfortunately society is filled with those types of inequalities.   I freely admit that got my AZ jab 'outside of the standard queue' as well, but when the health of one's immediate family is concerned, I wasn't about to say 'no, give it to another *at risk* person out there' instead.       

7 minutes ago, John Drake said:

And there is something equally disturbing. Were these soldiers vaccinated in order to go to the US? Or was it part of a regular routine of army vaccination? In either case, it means young men in top physical condition, for whom Covid is less dangerous, were given priority over Thai people who were elderly, frail, and susceptible to infection. It also means vaccines were taken from fighting Covid clusters to being used for extraneous purposes--international travel. Bad prioritization.

Yet hospitals are now being filled with unvaccinated  30 somethings such as older military command type folks are.  My son is 26 and was vaccinated by the US military unit he serves with.. aircraft carriers full of covid cases and such. So tell us more of why they should not be vaccinated already, since the RTP wing at Don Mueang has a large number of sick Airmen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I Love a woman in a uniform

Especially when it's slowly dis-guarded?

Apologies, silly question.

My daughter and her hubby sent me a pic of them eating chips by the sea in Brighton; can't post it as they were doing other stuff at the time!

Very few things I miss but proper chips is on the list -- not French Fries or Freedom Fries of course.

What's happening with this year's Cobra Gold.? Less than 3 months ago the US was assured that Pattaya entertainments would be ready for their R&R and a minimum 70% here would be full vaccinated. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Neither Sinovac or AZ is approved for use in the US. So what were they vaccinated with?

Despite the US ordering hundreds of millions of shots. Your horrendous Death rate would certainly be lower if you’d exercised a little common sense. 

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

North Carolina where they would undertake parachute training

Can they not fall out of a plane over Thailand to 'practice' ?

They should send their police to the US, then they might learn something about driving patrol cars and ticketing morons on the road for moving violations.  They actually learn driving technique as well as learning what a 'moving violation' actually is. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet hospitals are now being filled with unvaccinated  30 somethings such as older military command type folks are.  My son is 26 and was vaccinated by the US military unit he serves with.. aircraft carriers full of covid cases and such. So tell us more of why they should not be vaccinated already, since the RTP wing at Don Mueang has a large number of sick Airmen.

Because older people are more vulnerable. Is it that hard to figure out?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Despite the US ordering hundreds of millions of shots. Your horrendous Death rate would certainly be lower if you’d exercised a little common sense. 

My death rate is zero. 

19 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Because older people are more vulnerable. Is it that hard to figure out?

Nope, Not hard to figure out why you would want your military vaccinated at all. Yes, I will agree to disagree with you. Enjoy.

• Like 2