Online and Social Media Abuse

superal

They have moderators and like us rely on reports too. There membership would be impossible to Police effectively due to its sheer size, that said they do react quite quickly given that size if reported.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, johng said:

"They" ( the authorities)  can already track down and trace anyone if they want to,  are you suggesting that everyone  should  have to disclose their full names and addresses  for the whole world to see  just in case they make  a comment that someone somewhere thinks is offensive

have you read that book yet.....  1984 ?

Yes , traceability at the moment is just about possible by way of deep and long efforts . Probably what I am advocating is that the free world can sign up via a basic personal account that is not viewable to the general audience but is easily revealed to the media companies who can then take appropriate actions .

Indeed another question could be  why do we need VPNs or why is there a dark side in the net ? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

An email to the ISP usually does it.

Moderators can view the posters IP address.

How is that a deep or long effort?

I was quoting from a TV debate , maybe a vpn was involved and some vpn providers will not divulge your I.D. but there was a case 2 or 3 years ago in the U.S.A. where the F.B.I. took a provider to court to get important client info and the provider spilled the beans  

Its a team sport ! The match all rest on the  team ,not individuals!  Color has nothing to do with the outcome !

Edited by riclag

11 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Sad!  yes it happens everywhere and in every sport!  But this over kickball? LOL

Kickball? Football! The game of skill played mainly with feet, as opposed to rugby or American football which is mainly played with the hands and therefore should be called handball.

18 hours ago, superal said:

Theses popular medias continue to give the posters anonymity

And that's where this specific problem lays.!

Most probably you will never be able to eliminate racism and all the other 'isms', but hiding behind anonymity can be stopped, all that is needed is for the providers of these platforms require users to be identified.

Is that really such a big ask..?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

"coloured" ?

That sounds a bit Whites Only and segregationist.

The correct term for us benevolent non-racists is People of Colour.

Who says that it is the 'correct term'?

Big tech social/media is the root of many serious issues, especially among young school age victims, causing numerous suicides???? Big tech/social media has developed this  “click like” mentality causing people ( especially the youth), to feel like losers if they don’t have huge followings???????? Peer pressure has become the devil! Big tech/social media make millions on every click and millions through ads geared to our youth???????? Big tech/social media can stop the racial abuse if they want, they can stop unverified accounts and force these cowards into the open or more likely to disappear, but that would eat into their huge profits! The racial abusers  must have their anonymous platforms taken away or it will just get worse????????Bottom line is that Big Tech/Social Media should be held accountable and take the pressure off kids and get rid of anonymous racial abuse????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Uroller said:

Big tech/social media has developed this  “click like” mentality causing people

My kids signed me up to FB recently......I was given instructions.....NEVER EVER click like/laugh/love etc..........as soon as you start doing that the LIKE nazis will be onto you.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

My kids signed me up to FB recently......I was given instructions.....NEVER EVER click like/laugh/love etc..........as soon as you start doing that the LIKE nazis will be onto you.

Don't take instructions off kids . 

Don't worry , you cant click "likes" on FB and there will be no repercussions . 

No one cares whether you "like" something or not and all that will happen is that the "like" number increases by one digit

• Haha 1